No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: Actor] #6622726
09/22/19 03:31 PM
09/22/19 03:31 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
As I said before I haven't used any Windows system in years, at least 12 or more. I know that the internet is not real reliable, so your update could have got broke before it got to you. So uninstalling and reinstalling the update makes sense. I download operating systems and sometimes they don't get here just right. The ISO files I get are usually between one and two gigs. Out of the last 4 I've downloaded. the checksums were ok on 3 of them but I had to download the 3rd one three times before the checksum matched. I'm using AT&T now and its much better. Before on others it was almost impossible to get any checksum to match.

I can't stress enough that before you do anything with restore or the updates that you back up any important files to an outside hard drive. You know something is already broke so whatever you do might cause you to lose everything, even if you just accidentally push the wrong button (been there done that).

I hope you get it going, might just want to let it rest a day and go at it again with a fresh mind.

Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: white17] #6623084
09/22/19 11:37 PM
09/22/19 11:37 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline OP
trapper
Actor  Offline OP
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Originally Posted by white17
Actor: Was this computer originally a Win X machine or an upgrade from Win 7 ?

I had it running on Win XP before installed window 10... I believe that XP was the best and most stable one they put out. I was running into problems with equipment and programs that no were no longer going to be supported by XP. Win 10 Pro promised the backward mobility I needed to continue using these programs, etc.. But now there so-called SECURITY UP GRADES seem to be causing the problems. I personally believe it is nothing more than a scheme by Microsoft. I have tried calling into Microsoft before and after waiting for 2 hours I can't hear or understand the English speaking trash they have working for them.I have a friend that is coming over Weds. that can hear on the phone … so we will probably try calling into Microsoft. I have already decided if thus a bunch of crap, I will certainly file a complaint with the FCC and FTC as I have advised others to do with all of these large corporations..

Originally Posted by Scrapper
I agree Gary. Windows 10 is terrible. You want to get together and smash our both at the same time? LOL.

You don't have any Tannerite do you? It might be more fun than using hammers.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: Actor] #6623088
09/22/19 11:41 PM
09/22/19 11:41 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
I am still running XP on one machine and 7 on two others.

You know you have a legal right right to ask for a native English speaker on tech calls.

Mean As Nails
Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: Actor] #6623206
09/23/19 07:27 AM
09/23/19 07:27 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Still running 7 Pro here and will as long as I can. My previous operating system was Windows ME. shocked I don't like change...

Didn't know about requesting someone having English as their first language.

Eh...wot?

Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: Lugnut] #6623333
09/23/19 10:40 AM
09/23/19 10:40 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Still running 7 Pro here and will as long as I can. My previous operating system was Windows ME. shocked I don't like change...

Didn't know about requesting someone having English as their first language.

Yes it depends on what state you are in presently.Some states have made it law and others have not. But it is also in the works at the federal level at this time

Mean As Nails
Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: Actor] #6623403
09/23/19 12:41 PM
09/23/19 12:41 PM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ows/a398070b-94a2-45d9-99ab-1e414e74cfb3

It took a few tries because the order of action was key. Canon MX 920 series printer, wireless, giving various error messages (offline, being used by another printer, error) and would not print an email, a Word document or anything from the Internet. But still LOOKED like it was there under Devices.

But in Device Manager, only present under Print Ques, not it's own category of Printer (which is where it was when it was fixed).

I "removed device" under Devices --Printers & scanners (start menu --> settings --> devices --> printers & scanners --> select Canon MX 920 series printer -->REMOVE DEVICE.) Then --- this is essential -- I restarted the computer.

Go to Settings --Devices -- Printers & Scanners...click "ADD printer". First it said "help me find an older version" but a second later it popped up with MX 920 Series. Added printer. Looked in Device manager -- now there was a category that said "Printer" and there it was.

Printed a Microsoft document, then an email. Works. Fingers crossed.

Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: Actor] #6623404
09/23/19 12:43 PM
09/23/19 12:43 PM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Needing a new windows 10 drivers makes alot of sense.

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/canon-printer-not-recognised-after-latest-update.16950/

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

Thank you! The link Ben provided has fixed the problem. Easily downloaded the needed drivers and it's all now all good.

Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: Actor] #6623418
09/23/19 01:14 PM
09/23/19 01:14 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Actor
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
LOL last time RESTORE IT TO PREVIOUS DATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well I tried.

Or just (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) can it and go to Walmart spend 250 and all is well

You only have a TEN day period to go back to a previous version or so they say on their web site … Microsoft.

I just spent $100, I didn't have to spend on this printer, when it probably wasn't the printer that was bad in the first … It is Microsoft screwing with everybody.

Garry-

Have you tried it yet. I think mine was longer than 10 days

Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: Actor] #6623770
09/23/19 11:27 PM
09/23/19 11:27 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Yahoo locked me out of comments and E-Mail because of their Liberal ways

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Computer problems can't get fixed. [Re: Actor] #6624453
09/24/19 11:39 PM
09/24/19 11:39 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline OP
trapper
Actor  Offline OP
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
I have a friend coming over tomorrow, he can hear on the phone, where I can't. I hope we can make contact with Microsoft at that time to see, to if they can do anything about it. I will report back at that time. I do thank all of you that have put forth possible solutions. My computer is only 4 years old and it has high performance components. So they shouldn't be out of line and might help with adjustments. So we will see.

Thank you again.

"Old Man" Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread