No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Canada's Prime Minister [Re: wannabe1] #6623351
09/23/19 11:12 AM
09/23/19 11:12 AM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline
trapper
slydogx  Offline
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
It would be nice Hutchy

If we had a more effective constitution and proper recognition of personal property rights therein we'd probably be much farther ahead in that regard. Unfortunately, lots of Canadians are accustomed to the idea of being subjects (whether they admit it or not) and it colors their opinions on such things.

Just happy to be here.
Re: Canada's Prime Minister [Re: wannabe1] #6623355
09/23/19 11:15 AM
09/23/19 11:15 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Our 2nd amendment has very little meaning to our elected officials anymore and it is in our Constitution. The U.S. is on a slippery slope. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Canada's Prime Minister [Re: wannabe1] #6623431
09/23/19 01:45 PM
09/23/19 01:45 PM
Maine
M
mainer Offline
trapper
mainer  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
Originally Posted by Hutchy
Its not like I have all the answers, but why can't we have both?

A political system where city people can keep on doing whatever the heck it is they do, and I can hunt trap and fish in peace.

We can and we do. It isn't "game over" yet, or even close. We obviously need to be concerned about what's happening with the avalanche of proposed gun bans in both the U.S. and Canada, but not to the point of being paralyzed with these election cycle stunts (I'm not talking about you per se, Hutch).

We should see this as an opportunity to strengthen our numbers and alliances with other like-minded people. I don't have all the answers either, far from it, but I do know that lack of awareness is not our weak point...we excel at letting each other know how bad things are for us, and that's a good thing to a degree.

The Sportsmen’s Alliance is the only organization I know of that brings together hunting, trapping, fishing and gun owner interests under one umbrella. Trappers are usually the odd man out, the group that gets thrown under the bus when the heat is turned up. The Sportsmen's Alliance doesn't do that. In fact, they make it a point to include trappers in their advocacy. So there’s no need to reinvent the wheel here, but getting involved in some way is a step forward. There's plenty to do. At least take a look.

https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/

"...in a very few days we succeeded in taking over one hundred beaver, the skins of which were worth ten dollars per pound."
Jim Beckwourth (1856)
Re: Canada's Prime Minister [Re: Hutchy] #6623512
09/23/19 04:39 PM
09/23/19 04:39 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID

A political system where city people can keep on doing whatever the heck it is they do, and I can hunt trap and fish in peace.

The liberal urbanites will never let us. They want us to live by their warped rules and values without ever considering ours. It is all about power and anger to control everything. I feel this country is forever divided.

Re: Canada's Prime Minister [Re: mainer] #6623542
09/23/19 05:42 PM
09/23/19 05:42 PM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Originally Posted by mainer

We can and we do. It isn't "game over" yet, or even close. We obviously need to be concerned about what's happening with the avalanche of proposed gun bans in both the U.S. and Canada, but not to the point of being paralyzed with these election cycle stunts (I'm not talking about you per se, Hutch).

We should see this as an opportunity to strengthen our numbers and alliances with other like-minded people. I don't have all the answers either, far from it, but I do know that lack of awareness is not our weak point...we excel at letting each other know how bad things are for us, and that's a good thing to a degree.

The Sportsmen’s Alliance is the only organization I know of that brings together hunting, trapping, fishing and gun owner interests under one umbrella. Trappers are usually the odd man out, the group that gets thrown under the bus when the heat is turned up. The Sportsmen's Alliance doesn't do that. In fact, they make it a point to include trappers in their advocacy. So there’s no need to reinvent the wheel here, but getting involved in some way is a step forward. There's plenty to do. At least take a look.

https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/

Thanks for the heads up!

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: Canada's Prime Minister [Re: wannabe1] #6623577
09/23/19 06:41 PM
09/23/19 06:41 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by wannabe1
I am ashamed we have such an idiot in power up here...the day after he got caught in the blackface scandal he announces he will ban any semi auto military style firearm...ar's sks, mini-14, garands you name it we have to hand them in within two years....we are screwed...we know pump actions and handguns are next...our only hope is to vote him out on his arse next month...

Hes a girly boy and should stick to wearing dresses.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread