Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Adirondack Museum #6553921
06/12/19 09:53 AM
06/12/19 09:53 AM
new york
H
henpecked1 Offline OP
trapper
henpecked1  Offline OP
trapper
H

new york
Great place to visit with a "real" trappers cabin on display. I was told they found it in the woods and relocated it. A great place to visit and its near Tupper Lake for you fishing guys. Check out the web site and watch the video.

https://www.theadkx.org/

Re: Adirondack Museum [Re: henpecked1] #6626412
09/27/19 08:09 AM
09/27/19 08:09 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Yes, it a great place to visit. If the trappers cabin you are referring to is the log cabin , it belonged to Mike Virkler who leased land from International Paper Co, over looking Buck Pond, part of the Tract sold to the state in the 80’s now called the Watson East triangle. When IP sold to the state of NY the cabin had to be removed. I worked for a logging contractor who logged that property for IP. I actually visited Mr. Virkler at his cabin and had a couple of brews with him.

The unique thing about the cabin, it is said that there were no metal fasteners used in the construction of it. Even the wooden shingles are said to be fastened with wooden pegs. Windows and doors were dovetailed into the logs.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector