No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: danny clifton] #6629545
09/30/19 07:29 PM
09/30/19 07:29 PM
Southern Michigan
T
trappergbus Offline
trapper
trappergbus  Offline
trapper
T

Southern Michigan
LMBO, good one Danny

Common sense catches alot of fur..
Pay homage to all you harvest..
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629549
09/30/19 07:33 PM
09/30/19 07:33 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Those of you who had the checks clear, what bank were they drawn on and those of you that had checks bounce, what bank were they drawn on?

Keith

Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: danny clifton] #6629583
09/30/19 08:13 PM
09/30/19 08:13 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I don't believe nafa has graders. they just spin a wheel

Well I don't know who grades coon now. But when Greg was there I doubt there was a better fur grader then him.
I have no Idea who skins mink where they are raised but no Mexican grades ranch mink at NAFA.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629587
09/30/19 08:16 PM
09/30/19 08:16 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
NAFA could have said ' If your check has xxxx routing # on, it, it should be sent back for re-issue" wouldn't you think?

Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629594
09/30/19 08:19 PM
09/30/19 08:19 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
my bounced check is drawn on

CIBC
6543airport rd
Mississauga ON payable through CIBC agent in New York City NY

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629598
09/30/19 08:25 PM
09/30/19 08:25 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
how does one man grade hundreds of thousands of pelts? coons are done like coyotes and cats. where the bag is shipped from determines who grades them. in the case of cats the tag determines who does it. if you don't think so go to say west ne. ship those coyotes from east ks. then get back to me on expert graders

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629749
09/30/19 10:17 PM
09/30/19 10:17 PM
WI
N
nimzy Offline
trapper
nimzy  Offline
trapper
N

WI
Too funny. Grading is the backbone of this industry. Skins move sight unseen. Buyers view show bundles which contain a fraction of the pelts purchased. It comes with warranties. As it should.

This is better than open mic night.

Last edited by nimzy; 09/30/19 10:45 PM.
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: danny clifton] #6629771
09/30/19 10:39 PM
09/30/19 10:39 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
how does one man grade hundreds of thousands of pelts? coons are done like coyotes and cats. where the bag is shipped from determines who grades them. in the case of cats the tag determines who does it. if you don't think so go to say west ne. ship those coyotes from east ks. then get back to me on expert graders

Your way off base Danny.

All fur Is sorted and bar coded then sorted by size. Then It's brought before the GRADER. He has no freeking idea where that fur came from.

I watched Greg grade 500 and some coon In a few hours. Those coon had been sorted Into totes by size so the grader only had to grade by color and primness.
And all the coyotes that come through Stoughton are bar coded then re packed and shipped to Canada to be graded. There Is no way the grader can tell where they came from. Other then they came from Stoughton. LOL

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: The Beav] #6629779
09/30/19 10:49 PM
09/30/19 10:49 PM
sometimes PA sometimes ME
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

sometimes PA sometimes ME
Originally Posted by The Beav

Your way off base Danny.

All fur Is sorted and bar coded then sorted by size. Then It's brought before the GRADER. He has no freeking idea where that fur came from.

I watched Greg grade 500 and some coon In a few hours. Those coon had been sorted Into totes by size so the grader only had to grade by color and primness.
And all the coyotes that come through Stoughton are bar coded then re packed and shipped to Canada to be graded. There Is no way the grader can tell where they came from. Other then they came from Stoughton. LOL

Hey Beav,

I talked coyotes in detail with the two coyote graders NAFA sent to the PA Convention this year.

#1. The shipping agent I use in PA bar codes the fur here in PA.
#2. The graders from NAFA told me that the first sort of fur is "the fur is sorted by where it came from".
#3. I'll repeat that "they said if fur was shipped from PA it starts the grading process as Eastern Fur. So I asked "what about my Montana coyotes that I shipped from PA?". The said "those coyotes from Montana would start the process as easterns, but the graders would see that they were not easterns and move them to a western pile". If anyone thinks that this process is foolproof I have some ocean front property in AZ for sale.

Last edited by ebsurveyor; 09/30/19 11:02 PM.
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629801
09/30/19 11:21 PM
09/30/19 11:21 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Beav don't the receiving agents bar code them anymore? Mine did, and I helped him do it. Except the current agent. If the receiving agent ships bar coded fur, then the grader knows what region/agent it came from when he opens the box/bag before he starts sectioning them. They got to section coyotes first before they size them, I believe, because there are different sizes for sections. The Western section size tops out at XL ( 36"-42" or anything bigger). The Eastern Section size tops out at 3XL (????)

"SECTIONS
Sections refer to the geographical location from which the pelt was harvested and
indicate hair traits that are inherent to the area. Generally, moving from West to
East, and from North to South, fur becomes flatter and darker"

Last edited by Dirt; 09/30/19 11:27 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629821
09/30/19 11:52 PM
09/30/19 11:52 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
So nafa is for real done in us ? How would u ship fur to Canada ' as a trapper, ?legally a trapper can never ship internationally , if this is true. Goodbye for auctions for me

Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: coonman220] #6629842
10/01/19 01:12 AM
10/01/19 01:12 AM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Originally Posted by coonman220
So nafa is for real done in us ? How would u ship fur to Canada ' as a trapper, ?legally a trapper can never ship internationally , if this is true. Goodbye for auctions for me

You are getting excited over a bunch of unfounded rumors. Just calm down and see how the situation plays out. NAFA will make announcements when the time is right.

These threads remind me of Chicken Little. The Sky is Falling, the Sky is Falling.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629846
10/01/19 03:40 AM
10/01/19 03:40 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
If your talking about me when you say "chicken little", just what exactly have I said that is unfounded???????????????????????????????????????????????

Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: wissmiss] #6629957
10/01/19 08:38 AM
10/01/19 08:38 AM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Originally Posted by wissmiss
Originally Posted by coonman220

You are getting excited over a bunch of unfounded rumors. Just calm down and see how the situation plays out. NAFA will make announcements when the time is right.

These threads remind me of Chicken Little. The Sky is Falling, the Sky is Falling.

I can't understand how any business would think keeping their suppliers in the dark holding bad checks would an accepted business practice with no damage going forward. Nafa has received their money from the sale, why wasn't it in the account that the bad checks were drawn on? They have the money from the last sale, where did it go? I'd say it's way past time for an l announcement from them. Pretty arrogant of them to treat their shippers this way.

Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629982
10/01/19 09:04 AM
10/01/19 09:04 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
I was gone for 5 days on vacation to see my kid in the Army and of course my deposited NAFA check bounced. I only got charged $5 for the return but got this yellow, reduced size "substitute" check in my paperwork envelope. Is this just something to show I have an issue with NAFA or is it their "good" check-- it looks like its still drawn on Mississauga, ON address as the first one? Its says it can be "used such as the original" but I have no desire to bounce another NAFA check.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629989
10/01/19 09:12 AM
10/01/19 09:12 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Iowa Process for Dealing With Bounced Checks: Every state has its own procedure to follow if a check bounces. In Iowa, the procedure is as follows:
1) The creditor must send you a certified letter informing you that the check bounced. The letter demands that you pay the creditor the original amount you owe, any fees the creditor’s bank charged and any additional fees related to collection such as sheriff’s service fees. You then have 10 days to pay the amount listed in the letter.
2) If you don’t pay the amount due within 10 days, the creditor may press criminal charges against you for writing bad checks.
3) If you do not pay the amount due within 30 days, the creditor may file a lawsuit. You are liable for up to three times the original amount of the check; however, the maximum recovery is $500 more than the check’s value. For example, if your check for $450 bounced, your creditor is entitled to sue for up to $950, not $1,350, because he or she can only recover up to $500 more than the original amount due.
If you write a check against a bank account that doesn’t exist, the 10 day waiting period does not apply; your creditor can press criminal charges right away.

Note the last line. To everyone on here implying it was not criminal, you must not live in IA. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629995
10/01/19 09:15 AM
10/01/19 09:15 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Got one question for you guys that sell at NAFA. When it comes to things Walmart or some other big name sells you say support your local shops / dealers. But you still send fur to NAFA. The local country buyer is just like the small gun shop owner......He is depending on local folks to make his living.
I know each and every one of you work hard to catch your fur and want the most you can get from it. BUT that practice does sound a little hypocritical when you bad mouth someone for finding a "deal" at the big stores ......

In good fur years, if you want to sell at wholesale prices, sell local. I sarted trapping again in the last few years of the mrat boom and sold to a local guy who ships to FHA. I basically got half for my rats that what he probably did. He's nice guy and I know the local guys have to make a profit but is that local loyalty worth a 45% or so reduction in my fur check? All this buyer did was to rebox my finished rat skins into his FHA bags. With the markets being down and more volatile, and big "local" guys such as GFW around, maybe there isn't a doubling up over what they pay vs what they can get when they sell and maybe it comes out in the wash with no commission and having money in hand as soon as they write you a check. But they're still a middleman in the process.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6629997
10/01/19 09:20 AM
10/01/19 09:20 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Yeah, LLL, there are certainly guys up with the "Granite City JCs" up on the "hill" here that are in that fine institution for writing bad checks. Maybe the only difference is "what were the intentions"...?

Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6630007
10/01/19 09:30 AM
10/01/19 09:30 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
And people will defend wrong doing. Scary really. I have seen no attempt to apologize to those who they know they wronged. No public statement. As you know the first step to redemption is always repentance. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: NAFA Aug. proceeds check returned [Re: Catcollector] #6630016
10/01/19 09:41 AM
10/01/19 09:41 AM
North Cental Kansas
J
jarrett Offline
trapper
jarrett  Offline
trapper
J

North Cental Kansas
What has happened with some people’s fur check is a bad deal. Nafa needs to come out and make a statement to clear the air. One thing I would suggest is that when you get your check next time, ask the bank to verify the funds before you try and cash it. This will save you all the fees. I know as big as nafa is or was you shouldn’t have to worry about there checks being good or not, but times are changing and a person has to change with them or be prepared to get bent over time to time.

It's your story, tell it how you want me to believe it
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread