No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Pit bull saves kids from coral snake #6629491
09/30/19 06:25 PM
09/30/19 06:25 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline OP
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline OP
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
Pit bull dies after protecting Florida kids from coral snake, family says- https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-pit-bull-snake-bite-children-dies

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Pit bull saves kids from coral snake [Re: LAtrapper] #6629746
09/30/19 10:15 PM
09/30/19 10:15 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Good dog

Re: Pit bull saves kids from coral snake [Re: LAtrapper] #6629824
09/30/19 11:55 PM
09/30/19 11:55 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
A coral snake is the only poisonous snake I never encountered while living in Florida. Once had a neighbor come running over, yelling bring your gun I have coral snake in my yard. We lived on a canal. I grabbed my .22 mag/.410 ga. O/U and went. I took one good look at it and told him it was King snake and he was jumping up and down shouting, kill it, kill it, it is Coral snake. SO I shot it for him and then pointed out that it wasn't a red on yellow, but he said that doesn't make any difference. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to argue with an idiot … so threw it toward the canal where it hit an upright in his boathouse a fell into his boat. Although he did see that happen, I didn't tell him, but heard him yelling the morning when he went to get in his boat.

Garry-

Last edited by Actor; 09/30/19 11:57 PM.

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Pit bull saves kids from coral snake [Re: LAtrapper] #6630015
10/01/19 09:41 AM
10/01/19 09:41 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
The dog ate the head of the snake after being bitten four times. Bet that left a bad taste!

Re: Pit bull saves kids from coral snake [Re: Actor] #6630088
10/01/19 11:55 AM
10/01/19 11:55 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Actor
A coral snake is the only poisonous snake I never encountered while living in Florida. Once had a neighbor come running over, yelling bring your gun I have coral snake in my yard. We lived on a canal. I grabbed my .22 mag/.410 ga. O/U and went. I took one good look at it and told him it was King snake and he was jumping up and down shouting, kill it, kill it, it is Coral snake. SO I shot it for him and then pointed out that it wasn't a red on yellow, but he said that doesn't make any difference. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to argue with an idiot … so threw it toward the canal where it hit an upright in his boathouse a fell into his boat. Although he did see that happen, I didn't tell him, but heard him yelling the morning when he went to get in his boat.

Garry-

Snakes are not poisonous. They are venomous. There is a difference.

No Jab.
Re: Pit bull saves kids from coral snake [Re: LAtrapper] #6630090
10/01/19 12:02 PM
10/01/19 12:02 PM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT
Wow... That's actually a really good article... thanks for posting !!
I'm very sad that my loyal dog is starting to slow down, she's 11.5 years old, and I know her first two years were real bad as the pound we got her from said she was unmanageable, which could not be further from the truth: she just needed to be in a nice quite home, where she knew she would be safe and sound.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Pit bull saves kids from coral snake [Re: LAtrapper] #6630263
10/01/19 04:10 PM
10/01/19 04:10 PM
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
R
Riverotter2 Offline
trapper
Riverotter2  Offline
trapper
R

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I pull over a rattlesnake this summer in my truck and didn't see it. My Heeler jumped out and took off running around. Went to the back of the truck and got something out and was walking back to the tailgate when my Heeler got between me and the truck and wouldn't let me by. I look at him and said What Your Problem and he turn around and looked under the truck at about a four foot rattler. Right behind the trailer hitch, could have hit me the first time. I let him go. Didn't hit me so I didn't hit him. Posted a video of it on Down South Trappers on face book, pretty cool.

Re: Pit bull saves kids from coral snake [Re: LAtrapper] #6630334
10/01/19 05:54 PM
10/01/19 05:54 PM
ohio
T
tomahawker Offline
trapper
tomahawker  Offline
trapper
T

ohio
It’s a win win!

Re: Pit bull saves kids from coral snake [Re: Matt28] #6630497
10/01/19 09:19 PM
10/01/19 09:19 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Matt28
Good dog

He is now.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Pit bull saves kids from coral snake [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6630836
10/02/19 09:53 AM
10/02/19 09:53 AM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
Originally Posted by Actor

Garry-

Snakes are not poisonous. They are venomous. There is a difference.

I was going to let this slide by... but seeing too much "Pride and Prejudice" on here lately. I have no idea who you are and doesn't make any difference, but suggest that you do your complete home work before correcting someone.

So, some snakes are both poisonous and venomous. Venom is what they use to poison their prey with. Here are the definitions for both words. …. Garry-

Venom
[ˈvenəm]

NOUN
A poisonous substance secreted by animals such as snakes, spiders, and scorpions and typically injected into prey or aggressors by biting or stinging.

Synonyms: Poison · toxin · bane · toxicant

------------------------------------------------------
Poison
[ˈpoiz(ə)n]

NOUN
A substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed.

Synonyms: Toxin · venom · bane · toxicant

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread