ADC Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Pigeon- Need Help With Pigeon Clean Up Work Questi #663320
04/02/08 03:22 PM
04/02/08 03:22 PM
Berkshire County, Mass.
S
stvtatro Offline OP
trapper
stvtatro  Offline OP
trapper
S

Berkshire County, Mass.
Hello everyone, I hopeing mabe someone can help me. I've been asked to bid on pigeon clean up for a local city DPW. They have removed the pigeons already and want someone to come in and clean up the mess left over. Its in 4 large garage bays including the rafter area. I have done very small clean up jobs in the past most recently for a paper company. Has anyone done this type of work on a large scale ? On the smaller jobs I just wet it down a little and removed it with scrapers and brushes and then treated the area with a residule pesticide. Some of the clean up involves cleaning the droppings off of asbestos covered pipes. Any advice would be great.

Re: Need Help With Pigeon Clean Up Work Question [Re: stvtatro] #663340
04/02/08 03:56 PM
04/02/08 03:56 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
There are any number of deadly and debilitating deseases to be found in pidgeon crap. Special equipment is REQUIRED. The money may sound good, but that is why they are jobbing it out.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Need Help With Pigeon Clean Up Work Question [Re: ] #663450
04/02/08 05:07 PM
04/02/08 05:07 PM
Mt. Olive, IL
R
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper
Ron Scheller  Offline
trapper
R

Mt. Olive, IL
Buzzard,

I am guessing the doctor's release is pertaining to the "wearer" of the HEPA respirator? I know it can be dangerous for those with heart, lung, or other health conditions to wear the HEPA-filtered masks. I'm an avid bicyclist, and hike as much as possible, so in very good physical condition. HOWEVER, when it's 100 degrees in an attic and I'm bent over vacuuming for a long time, it gets TOUGH to breath. There is always the temptation to pull off the mask for a "real" breath of air, but the little voice in my head keeps me from doing so. I can imagine someone with poor "intake" due to health reasons would be at high risk wearing one.

Ron Scheller

Re: Need Help With Pigeon Clean Up Work Question [Re: stvtatro] #663465
04/02/08 05:14 PM
04/02/08 05:14 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
 Originally Posted By: stvtatro
Some of the clean up involves cleaning the droppings off of asbestos covered pipes. Any advice would be great.

Unless you are trained and qualified to deal with asbestos , I would sub this out to someone who can do it properly. All you have to do is disturb it a little bit and the lawyers will own you.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Need Help With Pigeon Clean Up Work Question [Re: Cragar] #663555
04/02/08 06:09 PM
04/02/08 06:09 PM
Syracuse,Utica-Rome,Madison,On...
B
Bob Evans,-CWCP Offline
trapper
Bob Evans,-CWCP  Offline
trapper
B

Syracuse,Utica-Rome,Madison,On...
the asbestos is a NO brainer,get out,stay out.Get a Company that deals with it(big dollars). In NY state you need a liecense to work with it.I was exposed in the service,it took 35 years but it's kiking my A** now.
bob evans cwcp

Bird,live honey Bee,Unique wildlife problems SOLVED.
Serving the great state of New York

livetrappingbymatt.net
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Bob Jameson, LAtrapper