No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Longsprings for coyote #6635474
10/08/19 03:16 PM
10/08/19 03:16 PM
Iowa
S
sasquatchtrapper Offline OP
trapper
sasquatchtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

Iowa
Ok, all you longspring trappers out there , please chime in on this thread. I've bought several #3 longspring this year to try out on coyote. As I have never set a longspring on land before, I'm just curious if there are any issues as far as bedding, placement, ect that I should be aware of. Everyone I've talked to that uses them say they bed rock solid but I never manage to get further in to the conversation. Normally, I'd play with them a little in the back yard but unfortunately I'm not going to have the time before season this year. Tips, tricks, pictures and favorite sets for longspring are all appreciated.

He's out there, I'll catch him..
Re: Longsprings for coyote [Re: sasquatchtrapper] #6635481
10/08/19 03:41 PM
10/08/19 03:41 PM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
Clint Locklear shows them in several of his youtube videos. He really likes them and says the same thing about them bedding solid.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: Longsprings for coyote [Re: sasquatchtrapper] #6635484
10/08/19 03:51 PM
10/08/19 03:51 PM
South Carolina
T
Tom cat Offline
trapper
Tom cat  Offline
trapper
T

South Carolina
I use #2 ls for yotes in my creek bottoms with great results. I normally use dirt holes and flat sets. A claw hammer works well for digging out the trap bed.

Sugarcreektrapping@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread