Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: 3 Fingers] #6631732
10/03/19 09:01 AM
10/03/19 09:01 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by 3 Fingers
When I called them on Monday they said to mail my check back to them, so I did.

I wouldn't mail the check back to them. You went first last time. JMO

Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: EurekaTrapper] #6635169
10/08/19 01:36 AM
10/08/19 01:36 AM
Chicken, Alaska
Chickenminer Offline
trapper
Chickenminer  Offline
trapper

Chicken, Alaska
Well dang ... I had already sent my check to the bank by the time I read this.
Of course it bounced and my credit union charged a $30 NSF fee !

No phones here .... does anyone have an email address for NAFA that will get responded to !?

Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: EurekaTrapper] #6635678
10/08/19 09:28 PM
10/08/19 09:28 PM
Interior Alaska
E
EurekaTrapper Offline OP
trapper
EurekaTrapper  Offline OP
trapper
E

Interior Alaska
They never responded to my email. I hope a NAFA rep reads this and can relay a message for you.

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise."
Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: EurekaTrapper] #6643546
10/19/19 06:13 PM
10/19/19 06:13 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
To: NAFA Customer

As you know from previous communications, NAFA has been, for many weeks, working towards a refinancing of the Company with a new lending syndicate that we hoped and expected would be in place by Thursday, October 17th. Unfortunately and most regrettably, despite our best efforts, this new financing has now fallen through. There are a variety of reasons for this, none of which are important at this point in time.

Consequently, NAFA’s Senior Management is currently pursing other strategic options in order to preserve NAFA’s business in some form so that it can continue to satisfy the needs of our customers, both buyers and consignors, employees and other stakeholders.

We greatly appreciate the support and patience of our customers during these difficult times. Obviously, after expending so much effort in recent times to preserve NAFA as we have come to know it, we are deeply sorry to have to be in this position. Nevertheless, we continue to work hard to secure the best possible future for the Company, our customers and the trade.

We will announce further details as they develop over the coming days.

Sincerely,

Douglas Lawson
President & CEO
Category : Auction

Who is John Galt?
Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: EurekaTrapper] #6643595
10/19/19 07:11 PM
10/19/19 07:11 PM
Orergon
A
alaska viking Offline
"Made it two years not being censored"
alaska viking  Offline
A

Orergon
Draino. Caput. See Ya Later. Bankrupt. What a sham.
Cut to the chase, and grow a set, Doug. Tell it like it is: nafa is insolvent.

Just doing what I want now.

Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: Dirt] #6643626
10/19/19 07:57 PM
10/19/19 07:57 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
Originally Posted by Dirt
To: NAFA Customer

As you know from previous communications, NAFA has been, for many weeks, working towards a refinancing of the Company with a new lending syndicate that we hoped and expected would be in place by Thursday, October 17th. Unfortunately and most regrettably, despite our best efforts, this new financing has now fallen through. There are a variety of reasons for this, none of which are important at this point in time.

Consequently, NAFA’s Senior Management is currently pursing other strategic options in order to preserve NAFA’s business in some form so that it can continue to satisfy the needs of our customers, both buyers and consignors, employees and other stakeholders.

We greatly appreciate the support and patience of our customers during these difficult times. Obviously, after expending so much effort in recent times to preserve NAFA as we have come to know it, we are deeply sorry to have to be in this position. Nevertheless, we continue to work hard to secure the best possible future for the Company, our
customers and the trade.

We will announce further details as they develop over the coming days.

Sincerely,

Douglas Lawson
President & CEO
Category : Auction

Alaska Viking summed it up, but what is not being said is the reports that 10 million dollar loan was in the works to bail out NAFA. That loan has fallen through, and appeared to be based in Canadian banking, which meant it was agreed to in Ottawa. That was before Justin Trudeau went chronic black face and has sunk in the polls. NAFA is or was an important institution in Canada's microeconomic economy. Canada produces a great deal of fur, on a different trapping set up than the States. This underwrites or fuels the base economy in Canada in the remote areas, and into Alaska.
That was deemed too important to fail, after NAFA speculated on the ranch mink market, which crashed as unlike Ronald Reagan, they did not line up Asians to buy North American fur in quantity. NAFA or more to the point, Ottawa in Trudeau, should have reached an agreement to dump Canadian fur into the huge Chinese market. Instead Trudeau picked a fight over Chinese electronics. All of this is interconnected, and what this appears to be now is the financiers, meaning London and New York, are bailing for whatever reason on Canada, and Ottawa is incapable under Trudeau to do anything, as Trudeau is incapable.

This was all red flags when NAFA was sending out bad checks and blaming the bank. Banks have routing numbers and account numbers on the checks. It is not possible to issue checks on banks unknowingly. Whenever you read a statement of "pursuing other strategic options to preserve NAFA in some form" that translates there are no options and NAFA does not exist, except to issue bankrolls to the people still collecting the good checks, and the only way there are any good checks, is that money came from fur auctions where trappers or farmers received the checks that bounced.

Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: EurekaTrapper] #6643631
10/19/19 08:05 PM
10/19/19 08:05 PM
Orergon
A
alaska viking Offline
alaska viking  Offline
A

Orergon
Bingo.

Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: EurekaTrapper] #6643632
10/19/19 08:10 PM
10/19/19 08:10 PM
Orergon
A
alaska viking Offline
alaska viking  Offline
A

Orergon
And now the creditors come sniffing around. Who knows what becomes of the hundreds of thousands, (or millions?), of pelts they are sitting on. May be the largest fur give-away of all time.
Buildings will be next, then nafa will probably be another footnote in the annals of screwed up, greedy fur brokers that "worked for you, owned by you"!

Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: EurekaTrapper] #6643923
10/20/19 08:00 AM
10/20/19 08:00 AM
Interior Alaska
E
EurekaTrapper Offline OP
trapper
EurekaTrapper  Offline OP
trapper
E

Interior Alaska
I’m glad that it was the August auction that this problem showed itself. I only had a few furs that were in that one. They still have a few nice pelts of mine that were bought back. I hope they ship them back to me.

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise."
Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: EurekaTrapper] #6644113
10/20/19 12:27 PM
10/20/19 12:27 PM
caldwell id
C
caldwellite Offline
trapper
caldwellite  Offline
trapper
C

caldwell id
Trappers need to have a legal representative in any bankrupt or criminal action.This is probably state or nation trapper associations. What happened to James?

Re: NAFA check returned. [Re: EurekaTrapper] #6645540
10/22/19 12:40 AM
10/22/19 12:40 AM
Montana
A
Antelope Montana Offline
trapper
Antelope Montana  Offline
trapper
A

Montana
Dang that's gotta hurt a bunch of people.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman