No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Powder measure shenanigans #6638335
10/12/19 05:38 PM
10/12/19 05:38 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I have a RCBS powder measure and it has the large drum in it. I think for what I do it is too large. But other than the 454 Cassul  I don't load pistol cartridges either so the small drum may be a little too small . I was thinking somewhere in between the two would be nice, not having to strip the thing down when changing cartridges. The smaller drums are inherently more accurate than the large ones. So I got to rummaging around in my scrap bin and tool draw and after a little head scratching and a drink. I decided to modify the large drum that I have to a size more to my liking. Found a bit of stainless propeller shaft that had a sleeve in it that was just waiting to be tickled out of it with the help of my lather and a independent 4 jaw chuck. Then reaming the hole out to something slick and 12.5 mm in diameter. then dialing in the drum with the sleeve in place to turn it down flush with the drum and finally matching the stem to the sleeve. Easy as that. After the fabricobbeleiing was done I gave the thing a bit of a clean and put it all back together again...... Works real nice now with the micrometer screw. Just have to cross out all the entries in my loading diary as the numbers are not going to match anymore. 

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Powder measure shenanigans [Re: Scuba1] #6638350
10/12/19 06:30 PM
10/12/19 06:30 PM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
Sweet!

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: Powder measure shenanigans [Re: Scuba1] #6638419
10/12/19 08:29 PM
10/12/19 08:29 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
That’s the beauty of having the mother of all things mechanical, the lathe. If ya ain’t got what you want make it.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Powder measure shenanigans [Re: Scuba1] #6638825
10/13/19 02:20 PM
10/13/19 02:20 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Test run today went well. Rolled a few 223 rounds now that Wally World does not want my money anymore I converted some range scrap into future range scrap. Just FMJ rounds for can killing and to see how accurate the powder measure is now.

[Linked Image]

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Powder measure shenanigans [Re: Scuba1] #6638912
10/13/19 04:43 PM
10/13/19 04:43 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA