No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bartering [Re: Pike River] #6641861
10/17/19 10:43 AM
10/17/19 10:43 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Interesting.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Bartering [Re: thedude055] #6641960
10/17/19 12:54 PM
10/17/19 12:54 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by thedude055
Side bar from the discussion about ethics and all. Lol. When I lived in Washington i traded a nice riding mower for a fishing boat. No big deal i thought. I went the the courthouse to get the boat titled and they asked how i purchased it. Thinking i will just be legit about this and tell the truth and said i traded a lawnmower for it. I was told that you cannot trade "unlike" items. Meaning if i got a boat i needed to trade a boat. In turn what i was told i had to do was create a bill of sale for market price for each items and claim each of them as purchases and pay taxes on those items. Needless to say I had to have that explained to me a few different times and still didn't understand how it wasn't the state filing false documentation to claim taxes. After all of this I drew up the fraudulent paperwork and stated that i paid an imaginary $250 for the boat. Then i was told that I was going to have to pay taxes on fair market value not the imaginary number they told me to create. When it was all said and done i never did get tags for the boat. I ended up selling it for cash and creating an actual bill of sale for another boat and was able to get tags in minutes. One of the main reasons why i left Washington.

Ain't that the state where you have to PAY the state for the rain that lands on your property?

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Bartering [Re: BigBob] #6642027
10/17/19 02:51 PM
10/17/19 02:51 PM
Wyoming
T
thedude055 Offline
trapper
thedude055  Offline
trapper
T

Wyoming

Ain't that the state where you have to PAY the state for the rain that lands on your property?

It is very expensive tax wise to live there. Especially when i worked in Portland and lived in Washington.

Back to bartering though I m always willing to trade and my ears perk up when someone says are you willing to trade. You never know what they are going to say. I like to play a guessing game kind of. Like will he offer hunting gear or a stereo system lol. I turn a lot down but always listed to what the offer is.

Owner Wind River Trapping Supplies
Re: Bartering [Re: Pike River] #6642037
10/17/19 02:56 PM
10/17/19 02:56 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Virginia is quickly going toward the rain tax, unfortunately.

wanna be goat farmer.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread