No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Double long springs and waxed dirt? #6651008
10/28/19 12:16 AM
10/28/19 12:16 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline OP
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline OP
trapper
D

Michigan
I was going to put this on the "trapping only" page, but figured I'd get more responses here.
When using #3 dls' for coyotes, do you still use your waxed dirt in the bed? This is my first year with waxed dirt and not sure. I know the obvious benefits of W.D with coils, but am not sure with the dls. If you do use it, do you not worry about putting any in the bed and only cover the trap with it (since the bottom of the springs can freeze down, with no I'll effect)?

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Double long springs and waxed dirt? [Re: Ditchdiver] #6651010
10/28/19 12:20 AM
10/28/19 12:20 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I line the bed and cover with the WD a froze down trap might be a easy pullout but you will need a lot of dirt for londsprings. I use WD on my above ground cat sets and use leaves along with the dirt to save a little WD that way.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Double long springs and waxed dirt? [Re: Ditchdiver] #6651045
10/28/19 03:07 AM
10/28/19 03:07 AM
Missouri
R
Rollsballs Offline
trapper
Rollsballs  Offline
trapper
R

Missouri
I have a couple vids showing me setting dbls with wax dirt and a catch or 2 with the winter set

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiM8HlmqJ1FavN8dbt93oAw

Last edited by Rollsballs; 10/28/19 03:09 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread