No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
People leaving junk in gravel pit for shooting #6651165
10/28/19 08:26 AM
10/28/19 08:26 AM
vermont
V
vermontster Offline OP
trapper
vermontster  Offline OP
trapper
V

vermont
I have the manager of about 4500 acres of conservation land reach out to me and ask if I have any ideas to stop people from dumping stuff and shooting it up in a couple gravel pits on the property. They allow hunting and fishing and hiking on the property except the farm fields. They want people to be able to continue using the gravel pits for shooting but the continuous dumping is a big problem. The pits are on the edge of a dirt public road no power,no cell phone service. I suggested signs but we know they don’t work, I offered to setup trail cameras and try to catch the dumpers. He said ok to that. I will put one up today high in a tree pointing down to the entrance and on video. I asked him to please prosecute anyone we can catch or it will never stop. I suggested contact the warden and state police and inform them of the dumping problem. I suggested signs for no dumping and rules for use and useable only from sunrise to sunset. No night time shooting. Any ideas you can pass on would be appreciated.

The bitterness of poor quality last a lot longer than the sweetness of low price
Re: People leaving junk in gravel pit for shooting [Re: vermontster] #6651277
10/28/19 10:45 AM
10/28/19 10:45 AM
Iowa
C
coydog2 Offline
trapper
coydog2  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
I say you got it all cover. The ones that dose fishing will not like that they will not be able to fish at night. For how I understand for what you wrote. Just to let you know. It is a problem all over no one cares anymore for how they leave there junk around.

Life member of DAV,NTA,NRA,ITA.Also member of FTA,CBA
Re: People leaving junk in gravel pit for shooting [Re: vermontster] #6651286
10/28/19 11:01 AM
10/28/19 11:01 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Maybe make it like a shooting range, put up places to hang targets and a given distance along with a couple shooting benches. Maybe a couple shooting dongs. I have to agree, hang the people that are braking the rules and let the work get out. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread