No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: warrior] #6651403
10/28/19 03:12 PM
10/28/19 03:12 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Praying for All of you!!!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: Allan Minear] #6652059
10/29/19 10:17 AM
10/29/19 10:17 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by Allan Minear
X2 I'm a cancer survivor going on 2 years, also mine was throat cancer found early the treatment was tough to get through as mentioned a positive attitude is paramount and keep your mind active in a positive way avoiding negativity and negative people.

What also will help is joining a cancer survivor group it's been a good thing for me it doesn't hurt if your a stubborn mule headed bugger either to get through it all and keeping your head up and smiling.

What were your symptoms for throat cancer? At some point you decided to go to the doctor to have it checked out, what triggered it?

Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: Allan Minear] #6652070
10/29/19 10:36 AM
10/29/19 10:36 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
X2 I'm a cancer survivor going on 2 years, also mine was throat cancer found early the treatment was tough to get through as mentioned a positive attitude is paramount and keep your mind active in a positive way avoiding negativity and negative people.

What also will help is joining a cancer survivor group it's been a good thing for me it doesn't hurt if your a stubborn mule headed bugger either to get through it all and keeping your head up and smiling.

Same here !! I had the same thing as Allan. Been cancer free for 8 years now.

You guys who claim there is too much money in treatment to look for a cure aren't thinking straight.

There are many types of cancer. There ARE cures for many types. Some...not yet.

What you guys are looking for is a preventative vaccination. That may or may not ever happen. BUT... cancer is something we are all born with the potential to develop. We might or might not develop it. Sure a vaccine to prevent it would be great but which type do you want to target.

Think a bit deeper on this subject.

Those of us who have been 'cured' don't think it was too expensive !

Mean As Nails
Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: warrior] #6652118
10/29/19 12:17 PM
10/29/19 12:17 PM
Misery
Michael Morris Offline
"Hombre que mata demasiadas cosas"
Michael Morris  Offline
"Hombre que mata demasiadas cosas"

Misery
My 1st cousin was diagnosed with incurable brain cancer today. Gave him 2 years to live, he is in his mid 60s. Sucks.

Push yourself to be more than you were
Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: warrior] #6652181
10/29/19 01:52 PM
10/29/19 01:52 PM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
Bernie I had a big lump that went from my collar bone to my lower jaw I thought it was a infected tooth, and I was always tired and didn't have much for energy way worse than normal ha ha !
I went to see my Dr who ordered a blood test then a biopsy followed by a CT scan and a visit with my ear nose and throat Dr who found a lump in my tonsils which were removed, 2 weeks later the blood clot broke loose and I darn near bled out then when I recovered from this I had a mask fitted to my face and upper body.
There's over 3,500 types of cancer what I had was P -16 through this I had help and support from two members on here who for there safety will remain unnamed at this time .
During the 9 weeks a good friend of mine also was going through chemotherapy but sadly Charlie didn't make it but I'm thankful for the time we had and the laughs we shared.

If someone would like to know more please feel free to send me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call and answer and questions you have as best I can.
Remember God is GREAT and looks out for fools and idiots or I'd of been dead a long time ago ha ha !
Allan

Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: warrior] #6652236
10/29/19 03:14 PM
10/29/19 03:14 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
A while back there was an article in Reader's Digest about a treatment that pretty much wiped out most types of cancer. In tests done, it was effective almost 100% of the time in destroying the disease. But, the drug and treatment was so expensive, even the rich couldn't afford it; only the super rich could. I'll see if I can find the article.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: warrior] #6652243
10/29/19 03:34 PM
10/29/19 03:34 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Found the article. If you google Car T, Kymriah, and Yescarta, you will find the article.

The idea is stimulating the body's own immune system to kill cancer cells. It's been almost 100% effective in making most people cancer-free from most types of cancer.
Hold onto your hats! The cost for ONE treatment with Kymriah is $475,000. The cost for ONE treatment using Yescarta is $373,000.
Only for the super rich!

The article says that research scientists have known for over 100 years that healthy immune cells could kill cancer cells. This is why I think they will never develop an affordable, viable cure for all types of cancer by the above examples.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: warrior] #6652266
10/29/19 04:15 PM
10/29/19 04:15 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline
trapper
slydogx  Offline
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
Just completed a skin cancer screening today. Went OK, only 1 pre-cancer requiring the liquid nitrogen (it puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the liquid nitrogen again)
My mother died as a result of melanoma back in '96 (and I am a redhead) so I take this quite seriously now.

Whatever anyone here is going through, even if it is a friend or relative's struggle, you have my prayers and best wishes for good outcomes. I am quite fortunate that with preventive care I should (hopefully) remain healthy.

Just happy to be here.
Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: Trapper7] #6652282
10/29/19 04:40 PM
10/29/19 04:40 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Found the article. If you google Car T, Kymriah, and Yescarta, you will find the article.

The idea is stimulating the body's own immune system to kill cancer cells. It's been almost 100% effective in making most people cancer-free from most types of cancer.
Hold onto your hats! The cost for ONE treatment with Kymriah is $475,000. The cost for ONE treatment using Yescarta is $373,000.
Only for the super rich!

The article says that research scientists have known for over 100 years that healthy immune cells could kill cancer cells. This is why I think they will never develop an affordable, viable cure for all types of cancer by the above examples.

Funny thing about the body’s immune system, while it may cure cancer in you it could leave you crippled. You might could call it collateral damage in the war of the cells.

-Goofy-
Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: warrior] #6652310
10/29/19 05:22 PM
10/29/19 05:22 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
This is what im trying with grapeseed extract,it triggers apoptosis....https://www.google.com/search?q=apoptosis&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS870US870&oq=apoptosis&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2844j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
super high anti oxidents that trigger the body into destroying the bad cells. I do feel soreness in my lymphnodes under arms but that could be the c cells dying. I feel great,much more active. Ill have another bloodtest in 3 weeks and see if the wbc has dropped....last count was 142,000

Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: white17] #6652389
10/29/19 06:51 PM
10/29/19 06:51 PM
North Dakota
B
BFP Offline
trapper
BFP  Offline
trapper
B

North Dakota
Originally Posted by white17

Same here !! I had the same thing as Allan. Been cancer free for 8 years now.

You guys who claim there is too much money in treatment to look for a cure aren't thinking straight.

There are many types of cancer. There ARE cures for many types. Some...not yet.

What you guys are looking for is a preventative vaccination. That may or may not ever happen. BUT... cancer is something we are all born with the potential to develop. We might or might not develop it. Sure a vaccine to prevent it would be great but which type do you want to target.

Think a bit deeper on this subject.

Those of us who have been 'cured' don't think it was too expensive !

If you are cured you are very lucky. Most cancer isn’t cured it goes into remission.

Re: The joy of growing old and that damned C word [Re: warrior] #6653000
10/30/19 10:51 AM
10/30/19 10:51 AM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
BFP yes thank you I do feel fortunate where I received the treatments in Great Falls has a very good success rate with the form of cancer Ken and I have had . I was a Copenhagen user for many year's and no my throat cancer wasn't from chewing it was hereditary from my parents who both passed away from cancer both of them were stubborn people so since I've survived it this long I must be twice as stubborn as they were ha ha

I feel the biggest contributing factor was early detection and very advanced technology and equipment and drugs to fight it and a strong will to get through the treatments it's no walk in the park I promise you but very doable.
If I was smarter I'd post some pics of some of what was used for equipment it is really something.
Allan

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread