No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: School vaccinations [Re: bulldozerjoe] #6653788
10/31/19 08:54 AM
10/31/19 08:54 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Wonder if them same folks that don't vaccinate their kids let the pets run vaccine free too??? Don't think there is a place in US don't require at least Rabies vac???

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: School vaccinations [Re: loosegoose] #6653800
10/31/19 09:10 AM
10/31/19 09:10 AM
Rock Springs, WI
Z
Zim Offline
trapper
Zim  Offline
trapper
Z

Rock Springs, WI

I'm not sure about that. Government is required to provide free education, so there's a problem if they tell you that your kids can't come to school. But at the same time, I understand the desire to not have kids spreading polio and such like it's the 1950's. I guess if I had to pick, I'd say I'd have to lean toward the "freedom" side and say unvaccinated kids can go to public school.
[/quote]

Tell me more about this government required "free" education. I seem to be paying in quite a bit of money every year to provide a "free" education for a lot of folks.

Zim

Re: School vaccinations [Re: Zim] #6653802
10/31/19 09:13 AM
10/31/19 09:13 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Zim

I'm not sure about that. Government is required to provide free education, so there's a problem if they tell you that your kids can't come to school. But at the same time, I understand the desire to not have kids spreading polio and such like it's the 1950's. I guess if I had to pick, I'd say I'd have to lean toward the "freedom" side and say unvaccinated kids can go to public school.

Tell me more about this government required "free" education. I seem to be paying in quite a bit of money every year to provide a "free" education for a lot of folks.

Zim[/quote]

You know exactly what I mean when I say free education. I really doubt I need to explain it to you. What's your point?

Re: School vaccinations [Re: bulldozerjoe] #6653805
10/31/19 09:15 AM
10/31/19 09:15 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
much of the anti-vax movement is based on the autism rates.

research has found much of the link to Autism to waiting to have kids till late in birthing years. they are not just high risk for the mother they are high risk for the child as well.

women are at their prime from 16-29 for baby making, as the father of a 17 year old daughter I don't think she is ready and I think she should wait a few years . but if she plans to have kids and circumstances work out then I would encourage her to have them before 30.

the study also finds men over 40 aren't contributing their peak genetic material either. so waiting till your 50 to have a child with your 25 year old girl friend isn't an ideal situation either.

all 3 of my children were born before we were 26. but it takes setting priorities and some sacrifice .

I understand sometimes circumstances don't work out but so many people are playing kid till they turn 30-35 then the clock starts ticking for them when they are already high risk.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20100208/autism-risk-rises-with-mothers-age#1

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: School vaccinations [Re: loosegoose] #6653825
10/31/19 09:41 AM
10/31/19 09:41 AM
Rock Springs, WI
Z
Zim Offline
trapper
Zim  Offline
trapper
Z

Rock Springs, WI

Zim[/quote]

You know exactly what I mean when I say free education. I really doubt I need to explain it to you. What's your point?

[/quote] It's the free part that has me confused. I guess to a liberal everything the government provides if free.

Zim

Last edited by Zim; 10/31/19 09:43 AM.
Re: School vaccinations [Re: Zim] #6653830
10/31/19 09:53 AM
10/31/19 09:53 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Zim

It's the free part that has me confused. I guess to a liberal everything the government provides if free.

Zim

Ugh. Apparently you do need it explained. Nothing the government provides is free, it's overpriced and poorly run. Obviously free public education isn't free, it's paid for with property taxes. It's free in the sense that you don't pay a monthly enrollment fee to send your children there. If you fail to pay your property taxes, you can still send your kids there. If you rent, you don't pay property taxes, at least not directly, and you can still send your kids to public school.

But then again, you already knew all that. I'm not sure what your point is. Public school not actually being free has nothing to do with this thread. It's about vaccines.

Last edited by loosegoose; 10/31/19 09:53 AM.
Re: School vaccinations [Re: danny clifton] #6653836
10/31/19 10:03 AM
10/31/19 10:03 AM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
How does refusing to allow a non-vaccinated kid to attend public school protect vaccinated kids? The vaccinated kids wont get sick because of it. The un-vaccinated kid might though.

The only conclusion is that school boards and government agency's think that parents are to stupid to make intelligent choices.

There ARE risks with vaccines. Very low risks but still risks. The risk for allowing kids to get three day measles, mumps and chicken pox is also low. People my age have all had those things and most of us did not die from it. Polio and smallpox are gone for the most part. I have never met anyone that got lockjaw, (tetanus today) from stepping on a nail or whatever even though people constantly worry about it.

People who want their kid vaccinated have no problem doing so. I worry more about do-gooders always telling someone else how to live than I worry about typhoid fever. My kids all got vaccinated btw so all you types who want to tell everybody else how to live don't bother lecturing me.

If you think their aren't parents to stupid to make intelligent choices regarding their children you need to see where & how some of these kids live. Talk to a bus driver or two, bet they can tell you some stories. Some kids are raising their selves because of the choices their parents make.

Danny you said polio & smallpox are gone for the most part, wonder why ? Recon that was a natural turn of events ?

Last edited by K52; 10/31/19 10:18 AM.
Re: School vaccinations [Re: bulldozerjoe] #6653843
10/31/19 10:06 AM
10/31/19 10:06 AM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
I have 4 small children in school. If your kids aren’t vaccinated keep them away from mine. Kids are walking Petri dishes as it is. The reason vaccinations works is because they kill the disease before it has a chance to mutate by enhancing the immune response. If your kid is unvaccinated they could be showing no symptoms but could be carrying a mutating version of a deadly disease that my kids vaccination may not be effective against.

It’s not a government control issue, it’s a keep your diseases at home if you choose to allow them issue.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: School vaccinations [Re: bulldozerjoe] #6653903
10/31/19 11:15 AM
10/31/19 11:15 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Get them vaccinated, as far as having to send them to school, if you don't like the system keep them at home and home school them. If you don't like the system don't belong to it, get a piece of land and build a sod hut, eat possum and wear furs.

Re: School vaccinations [Re: Getting There] #6653943
10/31/19 12:18 PM
10/31/19 12:18 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by Getting There
Originally Posted by James
Get them vaccinated, or keep them home.

Jim

X2

X3

Re: School vaccinations [Re: Bob] #6653949
10/31/19 12:28 PM
10/31/19 12:28 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by Bob
I have 4 small children in school. If your kids aren’t vaccinated keep them away from mine. Kids are walking Petri dishes as it is. The reason vaccinations works is because they kill the disease before it has a chance to mutate by enhancing the immune response. If your kid is unvaccinated they could be showing no symptoms but could be carrying a mutating version of a deadly disease that my kids vaccination may not be effective against.

It’s not a government control issue, it’s a keep your diseases at home if you choose to allow them issue.

If your kids are vaccinated then what does it matter? That is right, your kid was only vaccinated against ONE strand. Why do you think some many people get the flew that got the 'flew shot'?

What is the point in getting vaccinated for these 'dead' viruses?

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: School vaccinations [Re: Hoosier71] #6654004
10/31/19 01:56 PM
10/31/19 01:56 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
If as a parent you are not intelligent enough to protect both your children

and vaccinated children as well, then keep your disease ridden, germ infested progeny

out of our public schools and home school them instead.

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: School vaccinations [Re: walleyed] #6654017
10/31/19 02:16 PM
10/31/19 02:16 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by walleyed
If as a parent you are not intelligent enough to protect both your children

and vaccinated children as well, then keep your disease ridden, germ infested progeny

out of our public schools and home school them instead.

w

Mine are vaccinated but truth be told, public is for the public.
If you don't like it, you need to keep your kids away. You can't stomp on other's freedom.

No Jab.
Re: School vaccinations [Re: Bob] #6654020
10/31/19 02:18 PM
10/31/19 02:18 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Bob

No, you need to keep your kids away. Public is public and freedom is for everyone.

No Jab.
Re: School vaccinations [Re: bulldozerjoe] #6654026
10/31/19 02:31 PM
10/31/19 02:31 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
[Linked Image]

Re: School vaccinations [Re: Pike River] #6654031
10/31/19 02:42 PM
10/31/19 02:42 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by loosegoose
The government should not tell anyone what they have to, or cannot, put into their body. It's beyond tyrannical to force someone to inject themselves or their children with chemicals against their will. That being said, everyone should get vaccinated, vaccines do not cause disease; the only people that think that are "google" doctors and uneducated folks. All my kids are vaccinated, and yours should be too. It should be done because it's the right thing to do though, not because some government goon forced you to.

I agree with you loosegoose.

Lets take this one step further though. If your child is not vaccinated should they then be deemed unqualified to attend public school?

Seems to me that a win-win solution is to vaccinate your kids and home school them !

Mean As Nails
Re: School vaccinations [Re: bulldozerjoe] #6654033
10/31/19 02:44 PM
10/31/19 02:44 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Sprung&Rusty, do you believe people infected with HIV should be required to inform their partners before engaging in certain activities? Now what if, there was a series of shots someone could get to prevent them from transmitting a potentially deadly disease. Oh wait...

Ever had shingles? If so, you may wish you had the chicken pox vaccine. Ever had measles, mumps, rubella, Ebola? If not, you can thank a vaccination.

Are you against all government regulation such as trapping regulations and speed limits and laws against murder and theft, or just the ones that could prevent horrible diseases from spreading through kids and others with suppressed immune systems?

Re: School vaccinations [Re: white17] #6654036
10/31/19 02:49 PM
10/31/19 02:49 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by white17
Seems to me that a win-win solution is to vaccinate your kids and home school them !

I do both
grin

Re: School vaccinations [Re: bulldozerjoe] #6654040
10/31/19 02:52 PM
10/31/19 02:52 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
So did I back many years ago

Mean As Nails
Re: School vaccinations [Re: bulldozerjoe] #6654044
10/31/19 02:55 PM
10/31/19 02:55 PM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
My mother survived polio in the 50s , my brothers and I were some of the first in my area to get the Salk vaccine. My mother knew how bad polio was. Like today, Many back then too were opposed to getting the vaccine. Because of the Salk vaccine , Polio has all but disappeared except for some third world countries. Get your kids vaccinated or join the Amish , home school, and rejoin the dark ages. grin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread