No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654393
10/31/19 09:38 PM
10/31/19 09:38 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I'll wait to they reply and answer some of these questions but Groenewold has always called you with a price before sending a check in the past.

Last edited by yotetrapper30; 10/31/19 09:39 PM. Reason: Because I can never spell Groenewold right on the first attempt, lol.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654402
10/31/19 09:42 PM
10/31/19 09:42 PM
The great cage state Colorado
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

The great cage state Colorado

Sounds like Groenwold needs to work a deal with the post office. Deliver mail and buy fur, everybody wants a stop at their door!

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: NonPCfed] #6654407
10/31/19 09:44 PM
10/31/19 09:44 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Wow, some you guys sound like giddy state and local governments giving tax breaks to attract some big new business like the Amazon "2nd" HQ a year or so ago, "Please send the rat wagon our way, we'll take anything you'll give us."

I don't like monopolies or semi-monopolies, one reason why I won't do Amazon, don't think any company should have 40+% of the market. I like some sort of competitive bidding or at least the appearance of it that's why I started sending to NAFA after the big Feb 2013 auction. Yeah, found out it wasn't perfect but at least sometimes there was actual bidding in the room for some of my furs. Not just one offer, take it or go home.

Look up Hobson's choice sometime, maybe its not at that point yet but give them time. When it devolves down, except maybe coyotes, to "hey I got a buck average on this species, and 3 bucks on that one, and so on" and you're happy with that, so be it, not me. I've will have had my fun and hang up what little steel I have. I have a GFW stop 25 miles away from me. Don't plan on going...

When I lived in IL I had a choice of fur buyers. I would sell between Veirs, Groeny and NAFA. I always got a good price from Groney on most items. I think it's nice that they are stepping up to pick up the slack of NAFA going under. Expanding their routes to be available to more people is a good thing too.

I get what you're saying about a monopoly and of course more options is always best but I don't see a long line of people waiting to jump into the furbuying market right now, do you? Hey I know, maybe you can start buying fur and give Groeny a little competition!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: NonPCfed] #6654421
10/31/19 09:59 PM
10/31/19 09:59 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Wow, some you guys sound like giddy state and local governments giving tax breaks to attract some big new business like the Amazon "2nd" HQ a year or so ago, "Please send the rat wagon our way, we'll take anything you'll give us."

I didn’t see anywhere on this thread that anyone indicated they were willing to take any amount Groenewald was going to offer them. And Groenewald certainly wouldn’t have any type of monopoly here in Pennsylvania. I have an FHA agent within 40 minutes and used to have a NAFA agent about the same distance. There are two country buyers an hour drive away and the local district of my state trapping association has an annual fur sale on the other side of the county. But, it’s always good to have even more options. That’s what I got out of what most of the posters are saying, they want more options.

And hey, at least I don’t have to pay somebody to trap three dollar muskrats.

Eh...wot?

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654434
10/31/19 10:07 PM
10/31/19 10:07 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
I get what you're saying about a monopoly and of course more options is always best but I don't see a long line of people waiting to jump into the furbuying market right now, do you? Hey I know, maybe you can start buying fur and give Groeny a little competition!

Sorry, not my calling. Didn't want to sell insurance either, sooner or later you have to be able to crap on someone and sleep like a baby at night. But I do admire their relentless drive to expand their empire, its the American way. Maybe History channel will do one of those docudramas on them like they did for the "Food that Made America" and recently with American cars pitting the Ford family, John Deloren, and Lee Ioccoca against each other, didn't catch its name but it was interesting. Maybe the latter years of NAFA against GFW could be the most dramatic but perhaps that's too much inside baseball and not enough fan base to get the History channel to commit...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654443
10/31/19 10:12 PM
10/31/19 10:12 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
And hey, at least I don’t have to pay somebody to trap three dollar muskrats.

But I can. No race to the public huts for me this year, just have to fight the too early ice. Maybe that's my last hurrah there Lugnut, go out having fun. You going to sell your reddies for $6-8 a piece this year...? I'd rather home tan them and sell pieces and parts of them on ebay as trinkets then let a reddie go at such a price. But to each his own...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654466
10/31/19 10:27 PM
10/31/19 10:27 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Nope, I’ll put them in storage before I sell them that cheap. I sold to a furrier out west earlier this year, two seasons worth of red fox. I averaged $18 apiece. Like I said above, selling fur is all about options.

And for me, it ain’t about paying to trap.

Eh...wot?

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654478
10/31/19 10:40 PM
10/31/19 10:40 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Well, there you go, found your best option but you didn't get that price without digging it out yourself. Certainly weren't going to get that average price selling to GFW, any of the other places you mentioned, or even the auctions the past couple of years. Good for you, I truly mean it, I'm glad you respected those reddies that much. I hope that honey hole holds up for you...

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654503
10/31/19 11:06 PM
10/31/19 11:06 PM
Ks
Flint Hill fur Offline
trapper
Flint Hill fur  Offline
trapper

Ks
We're all entitled to our own opinion. I don't see it that way.

Last edited by Flint Hill fur; 10/31/19 11:08 PM.
Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: NonPCfed] #6654531
11/01/19 12:39 AM
11/01/19 12:39 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Sorry, not my calling. Didn't want to sell insurance either, sooner or later you have to be able to crap on someone and sleep like a baby at night. But I do admire their relentless drive to expand their empire, its the American way. Maybe History channel will do one of those docudramas on them like they did for the "Food that Made America" and recently with American cars pitting the Ford family, John Deloren, and Lee Ioccoca against each other, didn't catch its name but it was interesting. Maybe the latter years of NAFA against GFW could be the most dramatic but perhaps that's too much inside baseball and not enough fan base to get the History channel to commit...

You're right about that.... it IS the American way. A business from a foreign country went buns up, and an American one is stepping up, even expanding into Canada, so that the loss is not as tragic as it could have been otherwise.

If that's not the American way, I don't know what is. Will I blindly sell all my fur to Groenewold regardless of price? Of course not... I'm not a moron. I'll be happy to sell furs to anyone able to beat them out, in either price, or convenience. I'll not drive 200 miles to make $0.25 more per coon unless I had thousands of coon to sell. My state is not even on the expanded GFW list.

But irregardless of whether or not I ever sell a piece of fur to them again, I'll still respect them for doing this to keep the fur market alive.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654541
11/01/19 02:38 AM
11/01/19 02:38 AM
North, MS
T
TrapperCarl78 Offline
trapper
TrapperCarl78  Offline
trapper
T

North, MS
I am glad to see them stepping up to take on more. GFW aint stupid they see this as a great business opportunity. I would like to hear more details about this in the future. I feel they have done me fair in the past.

TC
Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: NonPCfed] #6654547
11/01/19 04:32 AM
11/01/19 04:32 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

I don't like monopolies or semi-monopolies, one reason why I won't do Amazon, don't think any company should have 40+% of the market. I like some sort of competitive bidding or at least the appearance of it that's why I started sending to NAFA after the big Feb 2013 auction. Yeah, found out it wasn't perfect but at least sometimes there was actual bidding in the room for some of my furs. Not just one offer, take it or go home.

Look up Hobson's choice sometime, maybe its not at that point yet but give them time. When it devolves down, except maybe coyotes, to "hey I got a buck average on this species, and 3 bucks on that one, and so on" and you're happy with that, so be it, not me. I've will have had my fun and hang up what little steel I have. I have a GFW stop 25 miles away from me. Don't plan on going...

I get what you are saying. Only saw one post on here about Groeny's plan to cash in on a bad situation where somebody was skeptical enough to say they would show up at the rat wagon to see what they are offering. I don't know why they can't call ole Groeny and ask him what he is paying before they waste their time?

I'm sure those $18 Red Fox are not in heaven bragging about getting killed for $18. Probably are embarrassed. I guess that is better $10. Still awful.

Who is John Galt?
Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654584
11/01/19 06:38 AM
11/01/19 06:38 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Groeny Rocks!

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654684
11/01/19 09:01 AM
11/01/19 09:01 AM
TN
L
lcd Offline
trapper
lcd  Offline
trapper
L

TN
Originally Posted by GFW - GROENEWOLD
ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES:

To further service our trappers in the states we are not running routes, we are thinking to run pick up routes once or twice a year. The way we are thinking is to meet trappers at stops and instead of purchasing fur on the spot you will deliver us your fur in bags/boxes and we will tag every bag/box to which trapper it belongs. Once we get back to our plant with the fur we will grade each trappers fur individually and send out a check as soon as we grade it.
The states we are strongly considering are Ohio, Kansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Central Indiana, New Jersey.

Please give us your feedback on these states and any other states that would be worth coming to.

Also, shipping your dry fur to us is always an option!

As always, thanks for all your support and we look forward to expanding to help you market you fur in the best way!

I LIKE THAT IDEA. WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE MY FUR GRADED THAN TO BE PAID BY NOSE COUNT. WITH THE TROUBLE IT SEEMS THAT NAFA IS HAVING, IT IS GOOD TO HAVE ANOTHER OUTLET.

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654721
11/01/19 10:07 AM
11/01/19 10:07 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
How about South East Iowa. As far as I know you don't get below HWY 8o here in Iowa.
just

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654725
11/01/19 10:09 AM
11/01/19 10:09 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
reminds me of the movie field of dreams,"if you park it,they will come." grin

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: AKAjust] #6654739
11/01/19 10:34 AM
11/01/19 10:34 AM
ILLINOIS
G
GFW - GROENEWOLD Offline OP
trapper
GFW - GROENEWOLD  Offline OP
trapper
G

ILLINOIS
most of our routes are posted. visit www.gfwco.com

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654742
11/01/19 10:39 AM
11/01/19 10:39 AM
ok
S
Sir Tal Offline
trapper
Sir Tal  Offline
trapper
S

ok
Nobody is talking numbers. I don't imagine they will drive a long ways to pick up little fur.

Please come to Kansas to pick up my 3 coons.

Thanks

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654778
11/01/19 11:44 AM
11/01/19 11:44 AM
KS
T
TurTLe Offline
trapper
TurTLe  Offline
trapper
T

KS
I vote for a Kansas stop.

Lifetime Member of the NTA, FTA, Kansas Furharvesters,and the Arizona Trappers Association.

Re: ADDITIONAL GFW PICK UP ROUTES [Re: GFW - GROENEWOLD] #6654797
11/01/19 12:26 PM
11/01/19 12:26 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Count? Grade ,really concerned ! No sale ?? Pretty much have you by the short hair here . I quit NAFA because of fur being switched ,Maybe by haulers (pickup) or maybe by mistake . Alls I know is I never had cross fox in my NAFA bag

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread