No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
First Nat. seal hunters meet w/ Chinese officials #6657781
11/05/19 08:14 AM
11/05/19 08:14 AM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline OP
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline OP
trapper
N

New York

This is a good thing or a bad thing?

https://www.trappersreport.com/stor...hinese-officials-to-establish-fur-market

This part sounds grabby....

“The Chinese can partner with First Nations of B.C. for seals and sea lions, but once you have those partnerships it opens the door to other resources such as oil, natural gas and forest products,” he said. “We can sweep colonialism aside and do business together.”

Re: First Nat. seal hunters meet w/ Chinese officials [Re: nyhuntfish] #6657784
11/05/19 08:25 AM
11/05/19 08:25 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think they are smart enough to not let the chinese take advantage of them. Not many trappers are democrats.

I think the U.S. needs to rethink the sea mammal protection act also. I am confident those Canadians can responsibly manage the resource. I would buy seal meat once to try. More after if I liked it. Same with sea lions.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: First Nat. seal hunters meet w/ Chinese officials [Re: nyhuntfish] #6657785
11/05/19 08:28 AM
11/05/19 08:28 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
China only take care of China and takes advantage of everyone else. When playing with a giant you can get squashed pretty easy.

Re: First Nat. seal hunters meet w/ Chinese officials [Re: danny clifton] #6657786
11/05/19 08:30 AM
11/05/19 08:30 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I think they are smart enough to not let the chinese take advantage of them. Not many trappers are democrats.

I think the U.S. needs to rethink the sea mammal protection act also. I am confident those Canadians can responsibly manage the resource. I would buy seal meat once to try. More after if I liked it. Same with sea lions.

Money can corrupt people easier than you think and I'm sure the Chinese know that.

I'd love to get some seal oil to use in formulations though.

Last edited by Yes sir; 11/05/19 08:31 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread