No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Had a great Wednesday at the farm #6660463
11/08/19 01:40 PM
11/08/19 01:40 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline OP
trapper
swift4me  Offline OP
trapper
S

Things started out great when I saw this guy while drinking my first cup of coffee out the woodshop window.
[Linked Image]
Then I went up the mountain for mushrooms and found three nice ones for my wife, one was over 3 pounds. Sorry no photo.

Then I finished up a turkey call and a priest for a good buddy in CA. He is a guide and also runs a charter boat for salmon, halibut and stripers out of the SF area. The priest is from a solid piece of holly with 5 ounces of lead shot it the end. The box call came out well with the sounds of two completely different birds in the two sides.
[Linked Image]

Then my neighbor and his son came over with the tractor and splitter when it actually stopped raining and we split a ton or two of chestnut and birch. Some of the chestnut rounds were 4 feet in diameter so my back has been speaking to me since.

And THEN at 9 oclock my neighbor called me from hihs sheep barn halfway up the mountain and his pup, who was in the truck, stepped on the door lock and he and his mom were in the rain, wind and dark with a locked car.... so I drove up and we sorted that out.

Then to bed. Great day.

Pete

Re: Had a great Wednesday at the farm [Re: swift4me] #6660466
11/08/19 01:47 PM
11/08/19 01:47 PM
Southern Indiana
H
Hoosier71 Offline
trapper
Hoosier71  Offline
trapper
H

Southern Indiana
Cool. I can barely whittle a stick. I am not familiar with a "priest." I assume it is for self defense?

Re: Had a great Wednesday at the farm [Re: Hoosier71] #6660483
11/08/19 02:08 PM
11/08/19 02:08 PM
S
swift4me Offline OP
trapper
swift4me  Offline OP
trapper
S

A priest is for giving the last rights to a fish. I always referred to them as "the wood shampoo", but priest is the old English term.

Pete

Re: Had a great Wednesday at the farm [Re: swift4me] #6660486
11/08/19 02:15 PM
11/08/19 02:15 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Pete, I always really enjoy your pictures, especially of the buildings and countryside. Thanks for posting them.

Keith

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread