Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
bobcat meat #6661581
11/09/19 11:26 PM
11/09/19 11:26 PM
NW Pennsylvania
A
awesome 'possum Offline OP
trapper
awesome 'possum  Offline OP
trapper
A

NW Pennsylvania
I have a bag of bobcat meat in my freezer. What would be the best way for me to make use of it? I live in PA and I'm targeting fox, coyote, bobcat, and fisher. Any advice is appreciated.

Still looking for a really great tagline...
Re: bobcat meat [Re: awesome 'possum] #6661654
11/10/19 06:53 AM
11/10/19 06:53 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6098234/basic-bait-making-recipe

This is a good start. Buy the best the best ingredients you can.

Buy glands frozen whole and fresh. Not ground and properly preserved. That's just "marketing" not lying.

Buy urine only from someone who can show you pictures of the collection pen. Again, selling artificial pee as genuine is "marketing" not lying.

Pressed fish oil really is pressed fish oil but is useless in bait. I smelled some "black tar catfish oil" at our state convention this year that I don't have a clue what it was. Either sun render your own or buy it. Good fish oil has a LOUD smell. Smells like fish. Something you want to taste.

Don't be afraid to use different amounts or leave stuff out or add stuff.

that formula as is makes a better bait than many sell. Especially since you will use real glands not substitutes. Plenty of artificial rat gland for example. Don't bother. Get the real thing. Whole and fresh froze.

If you don't take time to find good quality ingredients for your bait making journey I say don't bother. Use that cat meat as is.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: bobcat meat [Re: awesome 'possum] #6661798
11/10/19 11:15 AM
11/10/19 11:15 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
You could always dip it in Dobbins' bait solution.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91