No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
to all members with the big c #6661624
11/10/19 05:39 AM
11/10/19 05:39 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline OP
trapper
west river rogue  Offline OP
trapper

remember to eat really high concentrations of vit c and anti oxident fruit and little meats and little sugar. little processed food too...I eat meat just not much beef anymore. Mostly fish...also plenty of green veggies . I think living in asia for yrs prolonged my fight because of diet. They have about a 10% cancer rate verses around 80% in usa. Most of asia knows eat small amounts of meat.

Re: to all members with the big c [Re: west river rogue] #6661629
11/10/19 06:00 AM
11/10/19 06:00 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Go with venison over beef. I even eat venison hamburgers.

Re: to all members with the big c [Re: west river rogue] #6661911
11/10/19 02:30 PM
11/10/19 02:30 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
27 year survivor here
Non-hodgkin's

NRA benefactor member
Re: to all members with the big c [Re: west river rogue] #6661958
11/10/19 03:31 PM
11/10/19 03:31 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
10 years here - non Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Re: to all members with the big c [Re: west river rogue] #6661965
11/10/19 03:38 PM
11/10/19 03:38 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I'm now 5 years out from my go round with colon cancer..Still got some side effect issues from Chemo I'm told I will always have..Doc said the last Chemo was first part of Nov 5 years ago and now all test look good.. So I can now consider my self lower risk for a come back..Kind of cured if you will??? Got a waiver now go to two years on any needed test. 2020 will be first year in last 61/2 years I've not had to see a doc for any cancer related tests etc..
I really haven't changed my diet much at all.. Probably should? But like I told the doctor then I'd go out the door get run over by a car... Oh wait did that when I was 13..LOL! I'm at the age where I certainly would not like to have to deal with cancer in any form again. Also the age where not to many reasons to change how I've done things..I'am taking the Acai Patrice got me going on though and keeps me going...

west river rouge
I Find things like the Grape Seed extract interesting. Plan to look into it more can never learn to much

But from what I heard on the news the other day. It was probably my love of breakfast sausage type stuff increased my chances of first getting the cancer. Also haven't worked at job choices that run the risk lower either..That and a lack of knowing my family history was for sure part of it. Which I found out family history after the fact, have bad genetics on moms side family for cancer..
I say we each need to do what we do. Keep our self running good as can and help others with what we learn and know..

Mac

Last edited by Macthediver; 11/10/19 03:43 PM.

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: to all members with the big c [Re: Macthediver] #6661979
11/10/19 04:14 PM
11/10/19 04:14 PM
trapper
trapper

Originally Posted by Macthediver
I'm now 5 years out from my go round with colon cancer..Still got some side effect issues from Chemo I'm told I will always have..Doc said the last Chemo was first part of Nov 5 years ago and now all test look good.. So I can now consider my self lower risk for a come back..Kind of cured if you will??? Got a waiver now go to two years on any needed test. 2020 will be first year in last 61/2 years I've not had to see a doc for any cancer related tests etc..
I really haven't changed my diet much at all.. Probably should? But like I told the doctor then I'd go out the door get run over by a car... Oh wait did that when I was 13..LOL! I'm at the age where I certainly would not like to have to deal with cancer in any form again. Also the age where not to many reasons to change how I've done things..I'am taking the Acai Patrice got me going on though and keeps me going...

west river rouge
I Find things like the Grape Seed extract interesting. Plan to look into it more can never learn to much

But from what I heard on the news the other day. It was probably my love of breakfast sausage type stuff increased my chances of first getting the cancer. Also haven't worked at job choices that run the risk lower either..That and a lack of knowing my family history was for sure part of it. Which I found out family history after the fact, have bad genetics on moms side family for cancer..
I say we each need to do what we do. Keep our self running good as can and help others with what we learn and know..

Mac

mac,i took acai huge doses (6000 mg daily)and it didnt compare to gse of which i take 600-900 mg daily and feel great.
they claim cll is incurable so im doing the gse and hoping the cancer destroys itself. I have a 5 yr old to finish raising.

Re: to all members with the big c [Re: west river rogue] #6661981
11/10/19 04:21 PM
11/10/19 04:21 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
For preventative measures I am slowly moving to a plant based diet. I saw an interesting program about it. I'm going to have a blood draw during my physical to see if my numbers actually drop like the show claimed.

No Jab.
Re: to all members with the big c [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6661984
11/10/19 04:22 PM
11/10/19 04:22 PM
trapper
trapper

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
For preventative measures I am slowly moving to a plant based diet. I saw an interesting program about it. I'm going to have a blood draw during my physical to see if my numbers actually drop like the show claimed.

in asia we ate fish and plants(trees,shrubs,etc)Drs at the james(ohio state university)were baffled and told me whatever i had been doing in asia must have been working.

Re: to all members with the big c [Re: west river rogue] #6661998
11/10/19 04:51 PM
11/10/19 04:51 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
12 years fighting prostate cancer. I try to limit sugar as much as I can. A good book on fighting cancer for those of us that have it or had it is “Anti-Cancer” by David Servan-Schreiber, MD. Dr Schreiber developed a very aggressive form of brain cancer when he was 30 and wasn’t expected to live long when diagnosed, he traveled world wide for research on things we can do in addition to the main treatments like chemotherapy and radiation. His book is not alternative medicine but common sense complimentary medicine to chemo, radiation, etc. Although he eventually passed away from the cancer, he did live 20 years, a lot longer than expected. Dr. Schreiber was formerly a doctor with the University of Pittsburgh medical school.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread