No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: FHA Market Forecast [Re: PaRay] #6665732
11/14/19 03:47 PM
11/14/19 03:47 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by PaRay
I'm looking forward to shipping with FHA this year, seems like a solid company

I have a feeling a lot of trappers will.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: FHA Market Forecast [Re: crosspatch] #6665738
11/14/19 04:05 PM
11/14/19 04:05 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
If you look at the historical records of the HBC,when the Indians were supplying all the fur for the first couple hundred yearsof the trade,when the prices would go high,they would bring in less fur because they would get the same amount of goods they needed for less fur.
When the prices went low,the Indians brought more fur in order to get the equivalent value in goods.
Sort of opposite to how the white man thinks supply and demand works.

Progression from need to greed, function to fashion, affluence to effluent (as the word is used in sanitation).

Re: FHA Market Forecast [Re: BigBlackBirds] #6665750
11/14/19 04:36 PM
11/14/19 04:36 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Originally Posted by BigBlackBirds
Originally Posted by red mt
Fashion is what drives the market ,,,supply and demand is a far away second.

fashion sure is a fickle beast. with the big dip in temps everyone is walking around in a winter coat past my office window. good percentage of those winter coats have some kinda hood with ruff. but of those type of trimmed coats americans are primarily wearing something using synthetic fake fur or fairly low grade fur. at least here, the high dollar canada goose products are pretty exclusively worn by asians. looks like awful niche market. doubt it holds up for much longer particularly with the lower quality coyote trimmed coats that see out there causing a walmart effect on what the end user wants to be seen as exclusive/luxury item. the upside is i've seen a small number of high quality coats walk by that appear to be trimmed in something like western coon. not sure if those are canada goose product or someone else but i bet the fashion trend flips shortly. not that what ive seen so far helps short haired mink, rats, etc.

I've been thinking the same thing for awhile on coyotes,,, but when it does flip coon are sort of like ranch mink they can produced to meet demand.
But not top quality silk heavy pale coyotes.
Wild mink I think it a market that is yesterday deal ,,, but there is always Hope

Kenneth schoening
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread