No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
WI Hunting rules. #6666757
11/15/19 06:09 PM
11/15/19 06:09 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline OP
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline OP
trapper

Crivitz WI
What would you have changed if you could?

Me, I'd have a wolf season. Either a lottery for a tag or quota system.

No Jab.
Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6666761
11/15/19 06:13 PM
11/15/19 06:13 PM
Wisconsin
V
virgil1972 Offline
trapper
virgil1972  Offline
trapper
V

Wisconsin
I want wolf season to. I still have 3 preference points

Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6666836
11/15/19 08:08 PM
11/15/19 08:08 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
I would clean up deer regs. Do away with the early youth hunt. Free small game license and trapping license for those under 16. Stall xbow season till Nov 15th. No scopes on muzzleloaders. Bear season and zones need some tweaking.

Also I would open more DNR shooting ranges. Got plenty of places to hunt but not too many to just shoot so you can hone your skill.

Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6666838
11/15/19 08:10 PM
11/15/19 08:10 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Oh....and here's an unpopular opinion.....I would bring back in person registration for deer. I really miss that but I understand why its gone.

Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6666856
11/15/19 08:32 PM
11/15/19 08:32 PM
Crivitz WI
trapper
trapper

Crivitz WI
I would also allow archery target practice on public hunting land in designated spots during non hunting months.

No Jab.
Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6666870
11/15/19 08:50 PM
11/15/19 08:50 PM
Wisconsin
1Woodtick Offline
trapper
1Woodtick  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
I want a wolf season, and a longer grouse season.

I would like the panfish limit changed to 10 statewide.

Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6666884
11/15/19 09:10 PM
11/15/19 09:10 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
I would also allow archery target practice on public hunting land in designated spots during non hunting months.

Any reason why not increase gun ranges? Not wondering around shooting cans but actual designated range areas?

Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Pike River] #6666895
11/15/19 09:25 PM
11/15/19 09:25 PM
Crivitz WI
trapper
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty

Any reason why not increase gun ranges? Not wondering around shooting cans but actual designated range areas?

I'm not against that. It would be nice to have more gun ranges open to the public as well.

No Jab.
Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6667030
11/15/19 11:41 PM
11/15/19 11:41 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
-I would make the bottom of the lake or river public hunting , fishing , and trapping land from the 3 year low water mark from Nov 1 to March 31.

-definitely a wolf season on a quota sell a wolf license , register all wolves by 9pm each day and know if you can hunt or trap any more by 4am. if quota is met for that county then release any trapped and pull traps.

-more public shooting ranges every county should have a minimum of one range and it shall be no shorter than 50 yards and shall be open to the public no less than 4 days a week with Saturday as one of those days. ranges may charge up to 10 dollars an hour if staffed. regular maintenance must be budgeted so that no range shall be closed more than 30 days consecutive for maintenance.

-DOT or any other state agency has 1 calendar year to turn over all land purchased as wet land , easements or set asides for any construction project or other state owned land over to the DNR at the completion of work within 100 yards of the land and the DNR gets 1 year to get signage on it making it a public hunting , fishing ,trapping recreation area. if they fail to do so , and there isn't a man working sign and construction workers in orange present within 100 yards of where your hunting , fishing or trapping , they can not ask you to leave or issue any citation and it shall not be considered trespass.

to sum that up if the state owns it and it isn't fenced and singed every 100 feet as some sort of safety buffer around a prison or mental hospital , you can hunt , fish and trap it.

-consolidate to one archery license use bow or cross bow or anything but a powder burning gun.

- sell wood harvest licenses , each harvest license would be good for up to 5 cord of dead or down trees.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Pike River] #6667069
11/16/19 12:43 AM
11/16/19 12:43 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by Pike River
Stall xbow season till Nov 15th.

don't like xbows?

Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6667079
11/16/19 01:00 AM
11/16/19 01:00 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
-I would make the bottom of the lake or river public hunting , fishing , and trapping land from the 3 year low water mark from Nov 1 to March 31.

-definitely a wolf season on a quota sell a wolf license , register all wolves by 9pm each day and know if you can hunt or trap any more by 4am. if quota is met for that county then release any trapped and pull traps.

-more public shooting ranges every county should have a minimum of one range and it shall be no shorter than 50 yards and shall be open to the public no less than 4 days a week with Saturday as one of those days. ranges may charge up to 10 dollars an hour if staffed. regular maintenance must be budgeted so that no range shall be closed more than 30 days consecutive for maintenance.

-DOT or any other state agency has 1 calendar year to turn over all land purchased as wet land , easements or set asides for any construction project or other state owned land over to the DNR at the completion of work within 100 yards of the land and the DNR gets 1 year to get signage on it making it a public hunting , fishing ,trapping recreation area. if they fail to do so , and there isn't a man working sign and construction workers in orange present within 100 yards of where your hunting , fishing or trapping , they can not ask you to leave or issue any citation and it shall not be considered trespass.

to sum that up if the state owns it and it isn't fenced and singed every 100 feet as some sort of safety buffer around a prison or mental hospital , you can hunt , fish and trap it.

-consolidate to one archery license use bow or cross bow or anything but a powder burning gun.

- sell wood harvest licenses , each harvest license would be good for up to 5 cord of dead or down trees.

Making bottom of river/lake public hunting/fishing trapping ground, it is more less for fishing now. as long as your feet are in the water your OK, step on the shore your trespassing. Hunting brings in discharge of firearms in city limits and trespassing. Shoot a duck and it falls on the shore, now your trespassing. Hunting isn't practical, lots of trespassing will result.

All state owned land open to hunting, fishing and trapping. no, lots of state owned land that would have to be fenced and signed, lots of cost incurred. Hunting, fishing, trapping is just one type of outdoor recreation, I don't have problems with areas used as refuges. Lots of state owned land owned by universities used for studies or research that hunting, fishing trapping would interfere with. You do realize that there are uses for the out of doors other than hunting, fishing and trapping?

Wood harvest licenses. No, cutting of dead and downed trees is very detrimental to wildlife. if you care about wildlife the last thing you want to do is clear any woods out of dead and downed trees.

Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6667094
11/16/19 02:18 AM
11/16/19 02:18 AM
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
trapper234 Offline
trapper
trapper234  Offline
trapper

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Wolf season with tags. Ban catfish bow hunting. No commercial cat fishing or jug ,or limb line at all. Allow any dead cut bait on any waters. Give out less doe tags. Allow kill snares for coyote.

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: WI Hunting rules. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6667350
11/16/19 01:48 PM
11/16/19 01:48 PM
Crivitz WI
trapper
trapper

Crivitz WI