No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6666887
11/15/19 09:14 PM
11/15/19 09:14 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
The judge gives his opinion beginning at 51 minutes. He lays into Drejka before throwing the book at him. "Wanna-be cop, handicap parking place enforcer."

Eh...wot?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667208
11/16/19 09:48 AM
11/16/19 09:48 AM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
Well, just read this entire thread and you will soon see why some people get pushed to the ground and others shot. One minute a fellow calls another a piece of trash and the next he say they will never find the body. Tough guys. Wow
Real life ain't the movies. You just cannot kick the $hit of someone, even if they deserve it, and go home to watch the evening news like nothing happened. Why on earth would someone shoot someone backing away? Because everyone has the tough guy attitude, a smart mouth and does not think. The majority running around today are plain stupid. What ever happened to mind your own business? What ever happened to trying to discuss things?

Danny, Loosegoose pretty much summed things up.

From my point of view, the turd head shouting at the lady should not have been running his gums. It would be one thing if it were his job to enforce the law, but it was not. He should have minded his own business. Could have got his license plate and reported him. Yes, it might feel like one would want to kick his butt, but is that the smart thing to do?

The guy coming out of the store made several mistakes. It is pretty much the way of many to say "Well I would have kicked his butt" . Sounds good but with any kind of training one would recognize a situation that could turn ugly. It would have best to ignore the idiot and move along. If one felt the need to addressed the situation, one could in engage in a dialogue in an attempt to see if one could calm the idiot down. If that did not work, leaving would be the best answer.
In this day and with the climate of this country, any time you engage in a physical altercation, you are asking for trouble and opening yourself up to a crap storm.
One should view everyone as carrying. Especially a loud mouth idiot like the guy shouting at the women.
When you lay hands on someone and knock them to the ground you stand against several possibilities. The old fart could have hit his head and died on the spot. The old fart could pull a gun or other weapon. You need to be smarter than a parking lot stripe.

Think things through. Remain calm.
Lots of good comments in this thread from some level headed folks.

Edit: Watched the judge video. From the guy that shot the other, I guess he was older due to his movement and body language. My God the shooter was stupid. See, you never know who your are messing with. Stupid and armed is a bad thing.

Last edited by Mac; 11/16/19 09:57 AM.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667211
11/16/19 09:53 AM
11/16/19 09:53 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Seems to me that the woman thought she could do as she wanted with no regard for the law and so did the guy who got shot. I guess if they did follow the laws he would still be alive. He pushed the wrong guy to the ground....my guess is that worked for him many times before but not this time.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Marty] #6667219
11/16/19 09:59 AM
11/16/19 09:59 AM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
Originally Posted by Marty
Seems to me that the woman thought she could do as she wanted with no regard for the law and so did the guy who got shot. I guess if they did follow the laws he would still be alive. He pushed the wrong guy to the ground....my guess is that worked for him many times before but not this time.

Marty, pushing the shooter to the ground was a stupid thing to do, whether he was armed or not. Staying alive and protecting your family is a thinking mans game. Neither guy was very bright in this encounter.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667241
11/16/19 10:22 AM
11/16/19 10:22 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I believe the pusher was an ex con. What if mike did not pull his gun? What happens to him next? Can he see all around him while laying on his back? No. Is he at a disadvantage? Yes. Pulling the gun may have stopped further violence. Maybe Mike was disorientated and reacted on instincts? If we are taking all prior behavior into consideration maybe look into prior behavior on the pushers part. I do not want the country to be taken over by hood rats that think they can do whatever they want with no consequences....but it seems we are on the way there.
When violence escalates it really is the first person who resorted to violence that is at fault. There was a lot of pressure by the black lives matter folks to get this verdict. The same group would have wanted the cop that shot mike brown locked up but we all know how that turned out..

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Marty] #6667256
11/16/19 10:41 AM
11/16/19 10:41 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
I believe the pusher was an ex con. What if mike did not pull his gun? What happens to him next? Can he see all around him while laying on his back? No. Is he at a disadvantage? Yes. Pulling the gun may have stopped further violence. Maybe Mike was disorientated and reacted on instincts? If we are taking all prior behavior into consideration maybe look into prior behavior on the pushers part. I do not want the country to be taken over by hood rats that think they can do whatever they want with no consequences....but it seems we are on the way there.
When violence escalates it really is the first person who resorted to violence that is at fault. There was a lot of pressure by the black lives matter folks to get this verdict. The same group would have wanted the cop that shot mike brown locked up but we all know how that turned out..

LOL crazy

Lugnut- thank you for posting the sentencing hearing. Judge laid it out very clearly.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667268
11/16/19 11:13 AM
11/16/19 11:13 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Since the OP seems tired out I would like to take a poll on one of the replies.

You can’t dish out punishment to a retreating assault, or something to that effect.

If that had been a hand to hand incident at which point does defense become offense?

-Goofy-
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667273
11/16/19 11:18 AM
11/16/19 11:18 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
If your fighting fair your tactics suck. I bet the judge has no concept of that.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667276
11/16/19 11:19 AM
11/16/19 11:19 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
When the other guy falls, stops fightings, says uncle.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667280
11/16/19 11:29 AM
11/16/19 11:29 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
LOL, not tired out Hobbie, just taking it all in. Okay, maybe a little tired out, just got back from setting the first part of my fox line out.

I'm a little disappointed and sort of surprised by how many defended the shooter.The threat had passed, the guy was retreating when he was shot. That right there makes it an unjustifiable shooting.

The shooter had a long history of this sort of behavior and it was bound to come to this sooner or later.

The guy doing the shoving had a stranger go into the store and tell him there was some guy confronting and yelling at his wife. He went out there and saw exactly that. I can't honestly say I wouldn't have done the same thing. At the very least I would have put myself between the loudmouth and my wife, I'd have been right in his face. Does that make me a hood rat Danny?

I think the judge laid it out pretty precisely and watching the shooter during sentencing, you could tell there still wasn't a bit of remorse for needlessly murdering a guy in front of his family. The guy died right in front of his five-year-old son.

Eh...wot?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667283
11/16/19 11:33 AM
11/16/19 11:33 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
What it comes down to for me is this.....When I'm laying in a gas station parking lot bleeding out from a gunshot to the chest, it won't matter to me, or to my wife, or to my kids, whether or not I was justified in shoving some guy I didn't have to shove, or whether or not the guy that shot me was justified in doing so. All that will matter is that I'm dead, and that's all that'll matter to my wife and kids.

Last edited by loosegoose; 11/16/19 11:33 AM.
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667285
11/16/19 11:36 AM
11/16/19 11:36 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
That Drejka guy looks identical to trumps judge Kavanaugh.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Pike River] #6667298
11/16/19 12:07 PM
11/16/19 12:07 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Pike River
When the other guy falls, stops fightings, says uncle.

“Stops fighting”, you mean resting?

-Goofy-
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667300
11/16/19 12:09 PM
11/16/19 12:09 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Lugnut

I think the judge laid it out pretty precisely and watching the shooter during sentencing, you could tell there still wasn't a bit of remorse for needlessly murdering a guy in front of his family. The guy died right in front of his five-year-old son.

Of course there was no remorse, he was correcting a wrong and was attacked in his mind.

-Goofy-
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: loosegoose] #6667372
11/16/19 02:45 PM
11/16/19 02:45 PM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Originally Posted by Lugnut
LOL, not tired out Hobbie, just taking it all in. Okay, maybe a little tired out, just got back from setting the first part of my fox line out.

I'm a little disappointed and sort of surprised by how many defended the shooter.The threat had passed, the guy was retreating when he was shot. That right there makes it an unjustifiable shooting.

The shooter had a long history of this sort of behavior and it was bound to come to this sooner or later.

The guy doing the shoving had a stranger go into the store and tell him there was some guy confronting and yelling at his wife. He went out there and saw exactly that. I can't honestly say I wouldn't have done the same thing. At the very least I would have put myself between the loudmouth and my wife, I'd have been right in his face. Does that make me a hood rat Danny?

Originally Posted by loosegoose
What it comes down to for me is this.....When I'm laying in a gas station parking lot bleeding out from a gunshot to the chest, it won't matter to me, or to my wife, or to my kids, whether or not I was justified in shoving some guy I didn't have to shove, or whether or not the guy that shot me was justified in doing so. All that will matter is that I'm dead, and that's all that'll matter to my wife and kids.

This is what I've been saying all along and a lot of people on here just don't get it. They want to argue about if it's justified , that the shooter was in the wrong and they would handle it the same way.

Doesn't matter if your right or wrong, shove the wrong guy to the ground and you just might end up dead. Put your hands on another man and that's the chance you take. Reasonable, rational and justified are all words used a lot in this thread and they meant nothing in this instance. You're trying to assign your values to a complete stranger in a physical confrontation, you've opened Pandora's box and death might be waiting for you.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Marty] #6667406
11/16/19 03:46 PM
11/16/19 03:46 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
I think he should have been found not guilty.. smile

Seriously me too ,You get older and somebody shoves you to the pavement it can be life threatening

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Snowpa] #6667422
11/16/19 04:03 PM
11/16/19 04:03 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Snowpa
I think he should have been found not guilty.. smile

Seriously me too ,You get older and somebody shoves you to the pavement it can be life threatening

It could be, but it wasn't in this case.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667437
11/16/19 04:33 PM
11/16/19 04:33 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
How many on here defending Drejka are the same ones who lament the good old days when you met after school and used fists to settle disputes? Drejka is a coward who started something with his mouth and chose a gun to finish it. Overwelmed apparently by his fear.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6667445
11/16/19 04:45 PM
11/16/19 04:45 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Of course there was no remorse, he was correcting a wrong and was attacked in his mind.

His mind was correct because he was attacked.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced [Re: Lugnut] #6667464
11/16/19 05:16 PM
11/16/19 05:16 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

He just wasn’t quick enough to draw and fire on his way down.

-Goofy-
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread