No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ethics and Morals of some!!!! #6669104
11/18/19 03:31 PM
11/18/19 03:31 PM
Nebraska
BraskaYoter Offline OP
trapper
BraskaYoter  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Some people blow my mind. Yesterday started out as normal, checking traps, looking for open range muleys. Three traps in no action, buddy calls and says someone called him that there were people driving on him and me shooting stuff. Stopped checking, called my father whom was closer to our property where all this was going down. He beat it up there, met some people on road but no one on us. My father told me i had a yote in one trap and a jack rabbit in another. Both had been shot in traps, not by us but by a deer rifle. Called game and parks as we had a description of pickups that were trespassing. Pulled traps in that area as i figured they would disappear. Game Commission Officers arrived and i was telling them what went down at different location when my father calls and says there back in same place again trespassing. Little did they know they had a armada of game and fish officers going to meet them. They got caught, said they had permission on neighboring land, he disagreed and said they did not. They had a young three point in back still warm, 7 people in two pickups and not a single one had a deer permit. They also posted a video the day before with a doe they spined, loaded her live in pickup and drove around for awhile. Then they unloaded her and let her try to crawl away and chased her around with a pistol before they dispatched her. Posted all this on Facebook and Snapchat. Two of them claimed the deer in the back and the doe in the video, they left with hefty fines and frowns and zero deer. I just don’t understand some people........talk about bad PR stunt......

Failure leads to learning, learning leads to improvement.

Re: Ethics and Morals of some!!!! [Re: BraskaYoter] #6669122
11/18/19 03:46 PM
11/18/19 03:46 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Wow , yeah jack wagons like them make sportsman look like crap. Did they shoot the critters in your traps?

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Ethics and Morals of some!!!! [Re: BraskaYoter] #6669131
11/18/19 03:52 PM
11/18/19 03:52 PM
Nebraska
BraskaYoter Offline OP
trapper
BraskaYoter  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
They said no and i have no proof, but seems likely. I generally dont dispatch with 30 caliber.

Re: Ethics and Morals of some!!!! [Re: BraskaYoter] #6669140
11/18/19 04:00 PM
11/18/19 04:00 PM
Saltlake city utah
S
Steelflight Offline
trapper
Steelflight  Offline
trapper
S

Saltlake city utah
That's enough to heat a tea kettle. Glad your all in good shape and things worked out that way.

You may think before you act. The question is did you listen to your own council?
Re: Ethics and Morals of some!!!! [Re: BraskaYoter] #6669171
11/18/19 04:47 PM
11/18/19 04:47 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Some people shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm. You will never hear from the media the good things fishermen, hunters, and trappers do for wildlife. Only inethical incidents like this when they occur, they make the front page.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Ethics and Morals of some!!!! [Re: BraskaYoter] #6669234
11/18/19 06:27 PM
11/18/19 06:27 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Morons and evil people walk among us every day..sounds like this group is both.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Ethics and Morals of some!!!! [Re: BraskaYoter] #6669238
11/18/19 06:31 PM
11/18/19 06:31 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Not withstanding the trespassing there is something wrong with somebody who deliberately tortures an animal like that. I think your right marty. evil is the right word.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Ethics and Morals of some!!!! [Re: BraskaYoter] #6669251
11/18/19 06:41 PM
11/18/19 06:41 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Online content
trapper
Finster  Online Content
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Sounds like they got off easy. What about confiscation of vehicles, firearms and hunting license suspensions? Only fines? Big woop! They didn't learn a darn thing other than not to get caught next time.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Ethics and Morals of some!!!! [Re: Finster] #6669364
11/18/19 08:46 PM
11/18/19 08:46 PM
Nebraska
BraskaYoter Offline OP
trapper
BraskaYoter  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Finster
Sounds like they got off easy. What about confiscation of vehicles, firearms and hunting license suspensions? Only fines? Big woop! They didn't learn a darn thing other than not to get caught next time.

We agree with that, in Nebraska it takes 3 game and fish violations in a year or 5 in two years, vaguely before they will remove your hunting rights. Ive never heard of Nebraska having a confiscation law for items used in game and fish crime, wish they did. Not to mention trespassing in this state is only 350$ but if you throw a snickers wrapper out your window ( not that you should ) its a 750$ fine. Complete crap IMO landowners have little power to dissuade this type of action when the state only slaps them on the wrist. They did both get about 2500$ worth of fines at least. Helps that im really good friends with the district game warder supervisor, whom caught them.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread