No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why god does not exist [Re: brianmall] #6669294
11/18/19 07:34 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by brianmall
Personally

I believe we had a much more in tune relationship with each other, this earth (plants), and animals.

And we were "super human"! Run faster and further, see farther, send our thoughts to one another kinda like we do with cell phones, no death, etc...

I think we knew what plants were thinking and doing through chemicals that they let off etc...

I don't think we would have ever invented cars and etc... Because there was an animal for whatever job that needed to be done.

We lived inside a perfect inviroment protected by an ice shield. No rain, no winter, etc...

I think I read the exact same science-fiction story when I was a teen. What was the title again?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Yes sir] #6669295
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Originally Posted by brianmall
Personally

I believe we had a much more in tune relationship with each other, this earth (plants), and animals.

And we were "super human"! Run faster and further, see farther, send our thoughts to one another kinda like we do with cell phones, no death, etc...

I think we knew what plants were thinking and doing through chemicals that they let off etc...

I don't think we would have ever invented cars and etc... Because there was an animal for whatever job that needed to be done.

We lived inside a perfect inviroment protected by an ice shield. No rain, no winter, etc...

I'll take the bait......were did u come up with this idea? I've studied Genesis a couple of times and didn't quite come away with those ideas myself.

A lot of it is my opinion. "Tabloid Christianity"

I'll post a couple videos here later for you.

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669314
11/18/19 07:51 PM
11/18/19 07:51 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Yes sir

One thing to always keep in mind.

Satan wants what God has and is either continually trying to destroy or replicate it. So as I look at our current state of humanity and all the things we have.

It is all either allowed to be by God or given by God.

Satan is a deceiver and there is a great elusion that is on its way or already starting.

There is nothing new under the sun.

So why do we have vehicles?
Because we no longer have the massive animals that once existed to do our work or carry us around. (We use animals in a much smaller scale). We were meant to be stewards of all this and were given dominion over everything. We had cars back then! They just weren't made of metal!

Plants do communicate via chemical releases. There is actually documentation on how they talk and can control one another. (Why do we alternate corn and beans?)

We have pieces in our body that we don't even know what they do! (Or maybe what they once did!)

Where is all this technology coming from and why? There is a vast network of communication that is woven into creation. Can't deny it! Been multiple recordings in Bible about writing on the wall, visions, voices, etc...

In short:

Everything we have from modern medicine to cell phones has either been given by God to help is overcome our fallen state and/or is being allowed to happen because Satan does have power on this earth.

And we are and have been devolving since the fall. Not evolving!

Last edited by brianmall; 11/18/19 07:54 PM.
Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669335
11/18/19 08:14 PM
11/18/19 08:14 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Mankind speaking to an animal example:

Genesis 3:4 KJVS
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Genesis 3:13 KJVS
And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Proof that the animal in question was an animal (possessed by Satan):

Genesis 3:14 KJVS
And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Also note that God spoke tongue serpent!

Another example of demonic possession of animals (and human).

Mark 5:1-20 KJVS
And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. [2] And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, [3] Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: [4] Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. [5] And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. [6] But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, [7] And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. [8] For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. [9] And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. [10] And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. [11] Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. [12] And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. [13] And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea. [14] And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done. [15] And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. [16] And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine. [17] And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts. [18] And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him. [19] Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee. [20] And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.

Last edited by brianmall; 11/18/19 08:14 PM.
Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669336
11/18/19 08:15 PM
11/18/19 08:15 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Online sick
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Online Sick
trapper
D

MN
"God is dead."

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669338
11/18/19 08:18 PM
11/18/19 08:18 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Example of God changing our way of communicating just because of what we were capable of!

Genesis 11:1-9 KJVS
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. [2] And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. [3] And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. [4] And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. [5] And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. [6] And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. [7] Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. [8] So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. [9] Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669351
11/18/19 08:34 PM
11/18/19 08:34 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Over the top Example of plants communicating verbally:

1 Chronicles 16:33 KJVS
Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the Lord , because he cometh to judge the earth.
Ezekiel 17:24 KJVS
And all the trees of the field shall know that I the Lord have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the Lord have spoken and have done it .

Example of how they may influence certain things:? Why gree poplar?

Genesis 30:37-39 KJVS
And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which was in the rods. [38] And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink. [39] And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.

Suggest that the poplar had something to do with what type were born. (maybe chemical?)

Strong's Number
H6479
Original Word
פּצלה
Transliterated Word
petsâlâh
Phonetic Spelling
pets-aw-law'
Parts of Speech
Noun Feminine
Strong's Definition
From H6478; a peeling: - strake.
Brown-Driver-Briggs' Definition
stripe, peeled spot or stripe or strip

Last edited by brianmall; 11/18/19 08:39 PM.
Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669361
11/18/19 08:44 PM
11/18/19 08:44 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
1st example that our physical condition started changing:

Genesis 3:16-19 KJVS
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. [17] And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; [18] Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; [19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art , and unto dust shalt thou return.

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669384
11/18/19 09:02 PM
11/18/19 09:02 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669397
11/18/19 09:21 PM
11/18/19 09:21 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
You can choose not to believe in God. But if he decides not to believe in you, you will cease to exist.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669405
11/18/19 09:25 PM
11/18/19 09:25 PM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669414
11/18/19 09:30 PM
11/18/19 09:30 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Scuba just wanted to know why he bit his tongue.

And why he is getting old and decrepit.

Levi
Re: Why god does not exist [Re: amspoker] #6669478
11/18/19 10:19 PM
11/18/19 10:19 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by amspoker
Scuba just wanted to know why he bit his tongue.

And why he is getting old and decrepit.

^^^^^^
Perfect!

"He shalt cover thee with his feathers and under his wings shalt thou trust" Psalms 91:4 KJV

Come on guys, not everything in the Bible is meant to be taken absolutely literally.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669494
11/18/19 10:36 PM
11/18/19 10:36 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
After reading thru some of this there is way more information than I can process for now. To do so I would need some of that super-human communication as mentioned. Which maybe isn't that far fetched. If you believe in astral projection in which the mind leaves your body and you probe around the air on your life line which is also called your silver cord much like an umbilical cord, seeing the sights I guess! As long as that silver cord don't snap, you can still get back home to your body. If it snaps due to some unseen circumstance then you are drifting off in the forever lost space. Maybe just another little fallen "prince of the air" has bit the dust"?
Always wandered how a bat could maneuver thru the darkness and catch bugs and ever now and then sometimes they may think they are dipping into water only to find its an oil pit and is grounded.

I've noticed over the years that the rich seem to have expensive gods and the poor people can't afford the expensive ones so theirs are poor. The educated have colleges to teach them about theirs and the not so educated may just stay in the dark caves where they only know the forms and shadows they know and are comfortable with.I always thought the best part of education was learning to think and not memorize someone elses thing, and after you copy a error a few times it gets way out of whack.

When cursive writing is no longer taught then we go back a step to something slower. When we no longer teach math and only use computers (the better way) then we have have people that can't count change. And when people no longer think for themselves then we have a society that needs somebody to tell them where the free food is. And perhaps I'm only biased but it seems the godless systems seem to go that way more than those with with a respect to and for a world designed and made by a creator.

Souls don't need reformation to get right for a while, we need a rebirth!

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Foxpaw] #6669538
11/18/19 11:39 PM
11/18/19 11:39 PM
MN
D
trapper
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

I've noticed over the years that the rich seem to have expensive gods and the poor people can't afford the expensive ones so theirs are poor. The educated have colleges to teach them about theirs and the not so educated may just stay in the dark caves where they only know the forms and shadows they know and are comfortable with.I always thought the best part of education was learning to think and not memorize someone elses thing, and after you copy a error a few times it gets way out of whack.

I'm unconvinced we are ready for rebirth and for many rebirth is highly undesirable. To give up the mentality of the slave and accept that this is it and we will not be rewarded for suffering is to bitter a pill for many, the option to eat sits before us but to force feed those at the table will undoubtedly give little satisfaction to any involved. There are times when I long for the cave and its familiar shapes and warmth, impossible to return at this point though and I am unsure if it is wise to attempt to offer a hand to those left behind.

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669553
11/19/19 12:03 AM
11/19/19 12:03 AM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
Tselem. That is the word you are speaking of as IMAGE, or in the series of Hebrew translations, betzalMenu betzalMo.

The context is like a phantom, a likeness, a representative.

Most people are ignorant they look like God, as they are too busy trying to be God and telling Him what to do. Looking like God is an honor, but humans are a physical shell, like an egg, and inside you is the yolk, which God sows the Holy Ghost into you, to turn you into something Spiritual. God as St. Paul states by that same Holy Ghost, provides all kinds of examples of caterpillars to butterflies, to the moon is lighted by the sun, but the world gets in the way of that True Light, to teach you in the physical what awaits in the Heavenly.
People are made in the image of God, and are grown here to become the children of God.

It's all in the Bible to study, learn, believe, or before the Great White Throne Judgment, to ....Judge those who reject the Truth.

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669554
11/19/19 12:05 AM
11/19/19 12:05 AM
Bryan, Tx
D
Dylan Phelps124 Offline
trapper
Dylan Phelps124  Offline
trapper
D

Bryan, Tx
Scuba if you just eat food you don’t have to chew then you won’t bite your tongue haha

I do really enjoy talking about creation though because God created light, oceans, animals and said “this is good”. It wasn’t until He created us that he said “This is Very good”

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Scuba1] #6669557
11/19/19 12:09 AM
11/19/19 12:09 AM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
There's no need to complicate things!! And I have come to the conclusion no matter what you believe or desire, always remember; For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that who so ever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life! It's that simple. Only One is perfect so no need trying. Some will try to dazzle you with their interpretations of the Bible, but that matters not. Read it for yourself. If I stump my toe tomorrow will I spout out a 4-8 letter word, probably so. There is ONLY ONE unforgivable sin, so do not worry, just truly believe! God is real I truly believe!,,,,

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6669944
11/19/19 02:15 PM
11/19/19 02:15 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
"God is dead."

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

I'm unconvinced we are ready for rebirth and for many rebirth is highly undesirable. To give up the mentality of the slave and accept that this is it and we will not be rewarded for suffering is to bitter a pill for many, the option to eat sits before us but to force feed those at the table will undoubtedly give little satisfaction to any involved. There are times when I long for the cave and its familiar shapes and warmth, impossible to return at this point though and I am unsure if it is wise to attempt to offer a hand to those left behind.

I really wouldn't expect you to believe a rebirth could happen. By your own admission your god is dead. At least you are consistent in your preaching. You are much easier to communicate with than some half-baked church goer that really believes that if there is a God, man is not capable of enough reason to make a choice. Nor enough light and reason to make a choice as to who they will follow and basically believe that what ever will be will be.

Re: Why god does not exist [Re: Foxpaw] #6669960
11/19/19 02:38 PM
11/19/19 02:38 PM
MN
D
trapper
trapper
D

MN

I really wouldn't expect you to believe a rebirth could happen. By your own admission your god is dead. At least you are consistent in your preaching. You are much easier to communicate with than some half-baked church goer that really believes that if there is a God, man is not capable of enough reason to make a choice. Nor enough light and reason to make a choice as to who they will follow and basically believe that what ever will be will be.

I am not talking about a rebirth in the protestant sense being born again to Christ/God. I am referring to a rebirth of society in which most/all people accept the premise that God is dead or there is no god. Accepting the premise that there is no god would require a major societal moral shift, I am unsure if this is desirable or what the outcome would be for humanity. On one hand we could realize our place in time and space and knowing that we only exist for limited time could drive humanity to better itself and the planet, maybe even reach out to the stars. On the other hand the realization of our limited existence could drive us to seek pleasure and happiness above all, plugging into the matrix and having anything you desire could become the ultimate goal of humanity as we slowly devolve into pleasure seeking blobs who live from one high to the next without ever searching for higher meaning or purpose.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread