No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Hunter says she gets death threats.... #6669404
11/18/19 09:25 PM
11/18/19 09:25 PM
eastern washington
B
BillyTraps Offline OP
trapper
BillyTraps  Offline OP
trapper
B

eastern washington
Hunter says she gets death threats for pics with dead animals, despite using meat to feed family

Not everyone is a fan of this mom’s lifestyle.

A mother of three from New Zealand claims she has faced death threats for sharing pictures of her hunting trips, which often show her carrying an animal's carcass following a hunt. However, the woman, 29, says she and her family eat the animals they hunt because they're opposed to eating meat from a factory farm.

Lucy Rose Jaine explained that hunting wild meat for food is "ideal, organic and sustainable."

Lucy Rose Jaine first started hunting when she met her partner, The Sun reports. Since then, she’s fallen in love with the outdoors. She and her family go hunting about five to eight times per month.

They mainly hunt wild pigs, but they’ll also hunt deer, goats, wallabies and other animals. She uses the animals that she kills to feed her family, explaining that she prefers not to rely on factory-farmed meat.

“I like that we can teach our children how to hunt their own food,” she told The Sun.

"Some guy just said, ‘I hope you die,’" she claimed. "I obviously didn’t respond. I hope he finds happiness."

She explained that “hunting wild meat is ideal, organic and sustainable” and said that, in contrast with animals being raised on factory farms, the animals she hunts are “living a good life."

She and her family mainly hunt pigs, which also helps local farmers deal with their pig problems, she claimed.

"It’s free, it’s fun and it helps the farmers," she said.

Jaine typically shares pictures of her hunting trips on Instagram, where she says she receives support from other outdoor enthusiasts. Unfortunately, that’s not all she receives.

”I’ve had a few death threats from people who just don’t have any experience with hunting,” she said. “Or maybe they are against animal cruelty. But I don’t take it to heart. I just tell myself, ‘That person must be going through something in their own life and I can’t judge what I don’t understand.'

"We make sure we respect the animal in the process.”

Critics also seem to take issue with the photographs Jaine posts, which often show her carrying her kills after a successful hunt.

"Imagine posing with the animals you’ve just slaughtered," one commenter wrote underneath a photo of Jaine carrying a wild pig. "Pls can someone do this to her children?"

"Nothing funny about posing with dead animals," said another. This is why you receive hate, the kill shots, there's just no need for them, and perhaps don't go running to the papers crying about it too!"

Jaine, meanwhile, said she simply tries to turn the other cheek.

“Some guy just said, ‘I hope you die.’ I obviously didn’t respond. I hope he finds happiness. Be kind, everyone on this earth is especially doing their best.”
https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/hunter-mom-death-threats-factory-farming

Re: Hunter says she gets death threats.... [Re: BillyTraps] #6669415
11/18/19 09:30 PM
11/18/19 09:30 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
She's a keeper.
By chance is she Hal's niece?

Re: Hunter says she gets death threats.... [Re: BillyTraps] #6669434
11/18/19 09:46 PM
11/18/19 09:46 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Wow

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Hunter says she gets death threats.... [Re: BillyTraps] #6669483
11/18/19 10:24 PM
11/18/19 10:24 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
^^^^^
Ditto.
I took me a while before I even noticed any dead animals.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Hunter says she gets death threats.... [Re: BillyTraps] #6669507
11/18/19 10:47 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
I understand her love of hunting but her poses are a bit over the top. Wear some clothes for crying out loud. I don’t think I’d have my wife out hunting in a bikini?

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Hunter says she gets death threats.... [Re: BillyTraps] #6669508
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
She's not the only one. Unfortunately many female hunters, especially those with a prominent social media presence, are bombarded with hate mail and death threats. I watched a YouTube video of another woman who deals with that same thing, even getting threats against her children.

It's a darn shame, but it's the world we live in. Beka Garris is another young mom who posts regularly on Facebook about her hunting adventures, usually with photos of her young daughter in a backpack while she chases deer and squirrels with her traditional archery equipment.

Re: Hunter says she gets death threats.... [Re: BillyTraps] #6669529
11/18/19 11:24 PM
11/18/19 11:24 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
I have no problem with her hunting or pic's on how she does her thing.

But she set's herself up for negative comments just by her dressing how she does for the pic's, it's almost like she is inviting negativity for the essence of argument and attention.

How many here have some thing to say when a new person show's up and ask's a question about leg holds instead of foot holds, I've seen that person skewered by many here for the term leg holds, more than once on other questions a well, and this is a trap friendly forum, or supposed to be.

Some times you got to be smarter than what you believe in, if your going to dump your beliefs out in public and expect to not be chastised about them !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Hunter says she gets death threats.... [Re: BillyTraps] #6670137
11/19/19 06:53 PM
11/19/19 06:53 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
hellooooo Finster.

Last edited by pcr2; 11/19/19 06:53 PM.

Re: Hunter says she gets death threats.... [Re: BillyTraps] #6670142
11/19/19 06:56 PM
11/19/19 06:56 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
If you have a hunting youtube channel, you get death threats. Happens to me all the time. I just block them and hope they aren't serious. Most of them are from Europe so they know you can't really do anything about it.

But you have to admit she's asking for trouble. Not a good representative of hunting and conservation.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread