Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
#2 Triumph #6675326
11/25/19 05:15 PM
11/25/19 05:15 PM
Wyoming
T
thedude055 Offline OP
trapper
thedude055  Offline OP
trapper
T

Wyoming
I picked up a #2 triumph this weekend at a flea market. Good springs nice jaws. Certainly a user trap but it has a factory center mount chain that is something i am not familiar with. I can get a picture of it tonight. thought it was in my phone but guess not. Also The top side of each spring has a slight bend in the head just below the eye. first i thought it could be just bent but both long springs have a bend in the same exact fashion. Seems to allow the springs to level out the jaws in a different set location than normal but not for sure. I know fairly useless thread without a pic but just looking for a little information on it. I will post a pic later tonight maybe.

Owner Wind River Trapping Supplies
Re: #2 Triumph [Re: thedude055] #6675755
11/26/19 01:44 AM
11/26/19 01:44 AM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
What you are noticing on the spring - with the slight bend near the upper eye - is typical of Triumph long spring traps. Factory original.

You might check the pan for special stamping - crossed Triumphs, etc.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: #2 Triumph [Re: wissmiss] #6675958
11/26/19 10:37 AM
11/26/19 10:37 AM
Wyoming
T
thedude055 Offline OP
trapper
thedude055  Offline OP
trapper
T

Wyoming
Originally Posted by wissmiss
What you are noticing on the spring - with the slight bend near the upper eye - is typical of Triumph long spring traps. Factory original.

You might check the pan for special stamping - crossed Triumphs, etc.

The bend is near the upper eye like you are saying. After second look at it i would say they are certainly factory. Currently the pan has a good amount of surface patina on it. Didn't try to read it in depth too much or clean it up. I just thought the old center mount setup is cool and it is a nice functioning trap. Was planning on putting it on the line but i did want to make sure i wasn't putting out something odd or rare. Kinda like the "Good Luck" trap i had and set out until i figured out what it was lol. Good little trap though in itself and still catches.

And of course i forgot to get a picture again lol. Got caught up in making wax dirt last night.

Last edited by thedude055; 11/26/19 10:37 AM.

Owner Wind River Trapping Supplies
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector