Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Hey, Alaskans.....! #6678759
11/29/19 09:48 AM
11/29/19 09:48 AM
Billings, MT
Wolfwoman Offline OP
trapper
Wolfwoman  Offline OP
trapper

Billings, MT
Want snow? Come to Arizona!

[Linked Image]

Re: Hey, Alaskans.....! [Re: Wolfwoman] #6678822
11/29/19 11:33 AM
11/29/19 11:33 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
I don't think I have ever seen this much snow this early. I think it has been snowing for at least ten days.

I went out to shovel yesterday and literally could not see my Elan. The side mirror on my truck was at the snow level.

I just looked outside...................still snowing !

Keep your shovel handy Bonnie

Mean As Nails
Re: Hey, Alaskans.....! [Re: Wolfwoman] #6678831
11/29/19 11:46 AM
11/29/19 11:46 AM
Orergon
A
alaska viking Offline
"Made it two years not being censored"
alaska viking  Offline
"Made it two years not being censored"
A

Orergon
Well down here, just as I was doing the last of the caulking on the ark, it finally dipped into the 20's. Alas, no snow.

Just doing what I want now.

Re: Hey, Alaskans.....! [Re: Wolfwoman] #6678838
11/29/19 12:00 PM
11/29/19 12:00 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Online content
"American Honey"
Sharon  Online Content
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sounds like a repeat of the winter of '96/7 ....no one could keep up with the snow.

Power out in many places, roads with that glass sheen ....

I did an art show in the mountains at a resort in North Idaho in Priest Lake then ....couldn't believe I drove those roads in that condition ...went slow in 4x4 with my good truck . I wouldn't do that now, though. The stress isn't worth it.

Almost the whole state of MT here is in blizzard white out , with high winds in places....mainly east of the divide.

Take care of your back shoveling !

Re: Hey, Alaskans.....! [Re: Sharon] #6679581
11/30/19 10:41 AM
11/30/19 10:41 AM
Billings, MT
Wolfwoman Offline OP
trapper
Wolfwoman  Offline OP
trapper

Billings, MT
Originally Posted by white17
I don't think I have ever seen this much snow this early. I think it has been snowing for at least ten days.

I went out to shovel yesterday and literally could not see my Elan. The side mirror on my truck was at the snow level.

I just looked outside...................still snowing !

Keep your shovel handy Bonnie

I don't OWN a snow shovel...lol Not even sure where I can get one here. Right now we're stuck where we are, roads were closed yesterday, and my roads don't get plowed. Ever. Good thing we keep supplies on hand for at least 10 days. laugh As long as we get some sun today, we'l have plenty of power. Hunker down and enjoy the fire, that's what I'm doing. I am fortunate in that this shouldn't be here but about a week, maybe! Looks like another front coming in...lol

Originally Posted by alaska viking
Well down here, just as I was doing the last of the caulking on the ark, it finally dipped into the 20's. Alas, no snow.

AV we have 15* this morning, it's been in the teens at night for over a week. Happy for my propane stove...lol

Originally Posted by Sharon
Sounds like a repeat of the winter of '96/7 ....no one could keep up with the snow.

Power out in many places, roads with that glass sheen ....

I did an art show in the mountains at a resort in North Idaho in Priest Lake then ....couldn't believe I drove those roads in that condition ...went slow in 4x4 with my good truck . I wouldn't do that now, though. The stress isn't worth it.

Almost the whole state of MT here is in blizzard white out , with high winds in places....mainly east of the divide.

Take care of your back shoveling !

We had a good amount of snow, almost comparable to this, the first winter we moved here. Thought I'd left it in Alaska!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman