No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: Jurassic Park] #6682824
12/04/19 08:46 AM
12/04/19 08:46 AM
Northern Illinois
MuddyMike Offline
trapper
MuddyMike  Offline
trapper

Northern Illinois
im with hutchy whatever walks by first I have 6 kids and they all love deer more than beef. try to keep that freezer full lol. very nice buck Jurassic I would have shot him in a heartbeat. if a fork horn stops inside 30yards im shooting him too. we get 2 bucks a year in Illinois and unlimited doe tags.

Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: 52Carl] #6682841
12/04/19 09:14 AM
12/04/19 09:14 AM
Shenandoah County, VA
L
l1ranger Offline
trapper
l1ranger  Offline
trapper
L

Shenandoah County, VA
Originally Posted by 52Carl
As cold as it is where you hunt, I'd have shot the first loose horse that showed up. I would return the saddle, of course.

haha - agreed

nice job JP

Josh
Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: MuddyMike] #6682848
12/04/19 09:21 AM
12/04/19 09:21 AM
On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
H
Hutchy Offline
trapper
Hutchy  Offline
trapper
H

On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
Originally Posted by MuddyMike
im with hutchy whatever walks by first I have 6 kids and they all love deer more than beef. try to keep that freezer full lol. very nice buck Jurassic I would have shot him in a heartbeat. if a fork horn stops inside 30yards im shooting him too. we get 2 bucks a year in Illinois and unlimited doe tags.

Holy, what a difference from here. We got to apply for, and MIGHT get a doe tag. I got one in the last four years. Allows you to shoot a doe or buck.

Buck tags are one only, however there are extra tags for other zones with high populations. Buck tags are good for bucks only.

Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: Jurassic Park] #6682854
12/04/19 09:26 AM
12/04/19 09:26 AM
Northern Mn
rick olson Offline
trapper
rick olson  Offline
trapper

Northern Mn
Congrats on harvesting a deer they all make a turd I hope your not lost without the use of trail cams there fun to check it’s like checking traps you never know when you’ll get a big buck on them and one to try to take with a gun or bow

Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: Jurassic Park] #6682924
12/04/19 11:10 AM
12/04/19 11:10 AM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline
trapper
MnMan  Offline
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Nice buck, I doubt I would have held out that long in the cold. I can remember shooting deer just to get down to warm up.

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: Jurassic Park] #6682929
12/04/19 11:21 AM
12/04/19 11:21 AM
In the south central Pa Mounta...
grayfox54 Offline
trapper
grayfox54  Offline
trapper

In the south central Pa Mounta...
Nice buck congrats!!

I don’t trap because I want to
I trap because I have to
Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: Jurassic Park] #6682938
12/04/19 11:30 AM
12/04/19 11:30 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
sounds like you need to do some drives get those deer moving during the day.

can't eat the antlers body size is all that matters and that is a nice size.

my cousin shot a monster this year because it was what came in first and he couldn't pass on that rack, the meat all had a odor to it so he was out to shoot some doe to fill the freezer , he gave most of that meat from that buck away to a guy who didn't mind the odor and would make hot chili with it all.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: Kart29] #6682946
12/04/19 11:43 AM
12/04/19 11:43 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline OP
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline OP
trapper
J

MB
Originally Posted by Kart29
Persistance pays! That deer is worth much more than a bigger set of antlers that you luck into during the first 15 minutes of the season.

You should have your gun with you in the picture, though. And, you probably got your butt all wet sitting in the snow like that.

You got that right! I kinda wish I did get one pic with my rifle. Next time I will for sure.

Cold as ice!
Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: Hutchy] #6682958
12/04/19 11:56 AM
12/04/19 11:56 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline OP
trapper
trapper
J

MB
Originally Posted by Hutchy
Also, you forgot to sit eight feet behind it to make it look like deerzilla like these ego magazine types do...lol

Lol I always try to give them their true size in the pic. I’m not a fan of those kinda pics lol.

Cold as ice!
Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6682960
12/04/19 11:59 AM
12/04/19 11:59 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline OP
trapper
trapper
J

MB
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

my cousin shot a monster this year because it was what came in first and he couldn't pass on that rack, the meat all had a odor to it so he was out to shoot some doe to fill the freezer , he gave most of that meat from that buck away to a guy who didn't mind the odor and would make hot chili with it all.

I’ve never done any deer drives “pushing bush” and not sure how much of that actually happens around here. Not much I don’t think. Bush is so big and so thick.

Cold as ice!
Re: Shot another Manitoba record buck! [Re: Jurassic Park] #6683045
12/04/19 02:03 PM
12/04/19 02:03 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

I’ve never done any deer drives “pushing bush” and not sure how much of that actually happens around here. Not much I don’t think. Bush is so big and so thick.

it all depends how you can divide it up , if the area has been lumbered then it typically has some fire breaks and logging roads , 10-12 guys can drive an area around a 1/4 to a 3rd mile wide and a mile long fairly well , Ideally it ends where there is a bit of an elevation change. like a small ridge.

or if you can drive a section to a clear cut we wear orange which I don't think is a requirement for yall you can see that orange a lot further off than you can most any other color.

if it looks like that woods behind you that is about what ours looks like , mixed beach , birch , hemlock with a few pine and iron wood

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 12/04/19 02:06 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread