No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
round and round with UPS #6685452
12/06/19 09:55 PM
12/06/19 09:55 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline OP
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline OP
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
9:15 last night,the doorbell rings.When I get there,I see the ups truck pulling away.There on my steps is a package,but its not for me and not my address.
Today I started an hours long go round with UPS,to get the package to its rightful owner.
I spent an hour on the phone trying to get to someone to take care of the problem,not wanting to waste anymore time waiting--I filled out the stuff for their e-mail process.
Never did get any response from this.After waiting for a while I began the phone runaround again.what a joke,after being put on hold several times and talking to several different people,I was told to keep my phone line free for the next hour and I would get a call from them to take care of the issue'this was at 2PM.
Finally at 10 to 7,4 hours and 50 minutes later,the call came.UPS will pick up the mis delivered package tomorrow.
When shipping an order,I use usps and have tried to avoid UPS--after this fiasco ,the last place I want to use to deliver an order is UPS.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685461
12/06/19 09:59 PM
12/06/19 09:59 PM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Gives a whole new meaning to "what can brown do for you?".

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685496
12/06/19 10:41 PM
12/06/19 10:41 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Shipping is a nightmare this time of year.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685508
12/06/19 10:53 PM
12/06/19 10:53 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I just generally look up the address and take it myself as long as it’s a reasonable distance.

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685519
12/06/19 10:58 PM
12/06/19 10:58 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline OP
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline OP
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
I have done that too,but this time I figured it was their mistake and they should rectify it.I am not in Georgia ,I am in Minnesota and our local road is glare ice as are many walkways.
So I decided to let them take care of the issue. I am not as good on my feet as I was when I was younger.
Tom.

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685571
12/06/19 11:37 PM
12/06/19 11:37 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
UPS
UN
Pleasant
Surprizzze

They wont deliver here unless there is a bar code they can scan or it's 10 seconds and Gonzo to you pick it up in Timbucktooo land.

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685612
12/07/19 12:19 AM
12/07/19 12:19 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
shipped a package across the state 4 hour drive went to Detroit then Louisiana finally after alot of calls from me and the receiver it got delivered days later so much for 2 night delivery and $39 dollars. Had a sister that sent a package 3 weeks ago still not here and crossed the nation one and a half times! What gets me is they don't know or cant tell you what the problem is they can track it we can but they don't know what the problem is!

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685643
12/07/19 01:10 AM
12/07/19 01:10 AM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
The problem is they have a bunch of idiots running the company and another bunch working for them. I have a friend that received someone else's package that lived in a different state. He called UPS and got the same crap as you got. His name nor address was on the package any place. So after a couple of hours he stopped trying. He ask me what he should do. Being the wise old man, that I am I told him we have a UPS store in town, and told him where it was. I said take the package into the store, sit it on the counter and walk out, don't even replay to them if they say anything to you. They have no way of knowing who you are, but they have the rightful owner's info on the package... Let them worry about it. SO he did what I said and he said they about went ballistic with him. He said he just smiled and walked out.

We don't know if the rightful owner ever got his order or not, but let UPS figure it out.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685645
12/07/19 01:13 AM
12/07/19 01:13 AM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline
trapper
P

Europe
Where to even start ....?

I live miles out of the one horse town. Very hidden and hard to find location. So, I gave a pub's address. Place I use as a staging post, once a week. When I pop in to shop for a couple hours.

I do that when ever I suspect a courier might get involved. They don't like leaving the arterial roads. Happened to be the only person in the bar ~ not even any staff ~ when their guy walked in with a box. " Pest's ....? " Excellent!

Bit later, do the same. Happen to walk out the pub, on an errand. Saw the UPS van across the street. Great! My package will be there when I get back smile

It wasn't. A week or more long nightmare ensued. My 'Tracking' showed it was bouncing back and forth between their hub and my " Undeliverable " pub address. " Not in the business directory ". What in blazes was this " Business Directory "?!

I sent them the web page of the pub. Showed them a personally taken photograph of the place. Pointed out how I'd seen their van, ten feet from the place. It existed! Their guy had walked into it earlier that same year!

Nope. They sent my gear back to the sender. Undeliverable. So, I never got my gear. And had paid UPS to Not deliver it. I never got that fee back.

AVOID UPS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Just saying wink

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685659
12/07/19 01:39 AM
12/07/19 01:39 AM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
It may cost a little more, but some years ago I lived about 900 miles from my dad. He had some papers I needed to sign and mailed USPS over night... I believe it cost him $35... The man at PO guaranteed over night delivery. My dad asked him, what if it isn't delivered overnight. He told my dad that I would have to sign for it on the day that I received it. When the receipt was recorded he would be notified and if if it wasn't delivered over night he could get a refund. SO I sat at home the entire next day and it didn't come... I again sat there the following day... it didn't come. On the third day it came. I signed the receipt and made sure it was dated. Then I went to town, I lived out in the country about 10 miles from town. I had to have papers and my signature notarized on the papers. I had an envelope all made out with the papers in it and took it to the PO. I knew the guy in there real well and I ask him about it. He got out his routing manuals and said, you know there is no way this could have been delivered over night. From here It has to go through 2 hubs major hubs and that take on an average of 2 or maybe 3 days. I ask, how about me sending it back, he said you need to take it to either Jacksonville or Daytona and mail it and it will go straight through. So I drove it the 60 miles and mailed it over night and he got it in 2 days, not over night. But both my dad and I took our respective receipts back to the PO and got our money back.

So my dad took that lead and anything he sent me after that he sent over night, 3 days later I got it and the next day he would go and get his money back... The guy at his end just laughed about it. He said they need to get there act together and don't feel bad about asking for you money back. My mom sent me a box of some of my favorite homemade cookies each year and Pop started sending them over night too.

So you might want to check on that angle... you can't beat the price in the long run.

Garry-

Last edited by Actor; 12/07/19 01:43 AM.

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685695
12/07/19 05:47 AM
12/07/19 05:47 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Nothing surprises me. Once I bought 30 shell reamers from a guy in New York. He shipped it UPS. A few days later I get a post card from UPS at one of their locations 50 mi from me saying that if I didn't pick up my package that day they were sending it back. The day I had to pick it up was the day I received the post card at noon. Reason stated was they didn't know my address. My address was on the post card they sent me. Back then I always got one or two packages a week delivered by UPS. I made a rush to pick up my package, showed the gal the post card with my address, no excuse or apology. Next time the regular guy delivered a package, I told him about it, he just shook his head in unbelief.

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685807
12/07/19 09:22 AM
12/07/19 09:22 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
UPS and FedX are merging.....
....Its gonna be called Fed Up

.oldie but goodie grin

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: 330-Trapper] #6685853
12/07/19 10:09 AM
12/07/19 10:09 AM
Iowa
D
Doug Barnes Offline
trapper
Doug Barnes  Offline
trapper
D

Iowa
Anyone else notice how fast a lot of the UPS and Fed X people drive? Pretty scary

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685861
12/07/19 10:17 AM
12/07/19 10:17 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Next time that happens, just leave it sit outside. All those things are scanned at delivery location and most scanners used now have internal gps wether drivers know it or not. Once the correct recipient notifies UPS or FED EX of the loss they can figure out where it's at and have the driver retrieve it.
You did the good thing Tom, next time I'd let them fix their own screw up. They do it all the time.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685902
12/07/19 11:00 AM
12/07/19 11:00 AM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
But be on the Good Side of UPS as trappers should take note.
Here is the story;
every Xmas with increased deliveries they take on extra staff to go in the trucks
in large cities they drop off that staff with a OTTER Fishing Tub with packages to deliver and pick them up later with the truck.
So
Just have a Gift card with a little on it.
And
your delivery comes with a OTTER when you tip the tempory
Cause;
all they do is throw them into the dumpster when everyone is laid off and Xmas deliveries drop down.
And
the OTTER's are not tracked.

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685918
12/07/19 11:15 AM
12/07/19 11:15 AM
Kentucky
M
matt817 Offline
trapper
matt817  Offline
trapper
M

Kentucky
I have trouble with UPS on about every 3rd or 4th delivery to my house, I built my house a year and a half ago and UPS will tell me that my address does not exist, even though they were just here last week. Going thru that right now on a atv tire I bought online, its been at there distribution center for 2 days even though I have called them multiple times in the past about the same issue.

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6685974
12/07/19 01:32 PM
12/07/19 01:32 PM
NW Oklahoma
O
Okie Farmer Offline
trapper
Okie Farmer  Offline
trapper
O

NW Oklahoma
For the most part our service from ups is great unless you have a substitute. Fedex is better because you can actually talk to someone there that will help you We get a lot of tires in through Fedex with no complaints.

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6686131
12/07/19 06:15 PM
12/07/19 06:15 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Its Wierd seeing UPS dropping off Their deliveries at The United States Post Office . The postal ladt says Fed Ex uses the Post office Too for some routs.. only Spee dee does all their own pick up and deliveries.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6686144
12/07/19 06:31 PM
12/07/19 06:31 PM
MO-IL
greggsinthehouse Offline
trapper
greggsinthehouse  Offline
trapper

MO-IL
We use fedex. Always been happy with them.

Originally Posted By: Hupurest
She should stay home and do more cooking like Babe Winkelmans wife did, and let her husband have some peace and quiet.
Re: round and round with UPS [Re: Bogmaster] #6686158
12/07/19 06:55 PM
12/07/19 06:55 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
FedEx has a few different shipping options. FedEx Home Delivery is handled all the way by FedEx. FedEx SmartPost is handed off to USPS for final delivery. I had 2 packages on the way this week, both arrived in Green Bay this morning around 4am, the Home Delivery package was delivered by 10am and the SmartPost package is still showing a Tuesday delivery date.

Stinks you had a problem with UPS trying to get them to fix their mistake. I maybe would've checked the sender and gotten in touch with them to let them know UPS delivered it to the wrong address and wasn't picking it up. I ship Speedee whenever possible, but dont have any choice when receiving packages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread