No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6685688
12/07/19 04:10 AM
12/07/19 04:10 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
If you want to entertain yourself go to the nearest V.A. hospital. Ask people in the admin offices how being unarmed makes you safer.

sign on the doors says no weapons allowed for your safety

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Boco] #6685694
12/07/19 05:26 AM
12/07/19 05:26 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by Boco
USA has about 3% of the worlds oil reserves,Canada 10%,Saudies 15% of the worlds oil reserves.
BUT-the reason the saudis are the big dog is because their production costs are way cheaper than anyone else and they can make money in any price environment,
The reason their production costs are so low is that the oil is in huge pools relatively close to the surface and adjacent to the sea.
Canada has lots of oil but it is expensive to extract,so the saudis could flood the market with cheap oil and still make lots of money and put Canada right out of buisness.
Low oil prices are good for Saudi arabia,it kills the competition.

Like I said. The US is the LARGEST PRODUCER OF OIL. We still have undiscovered oil fields all over Alaska. Now with fracking we can extract more out of marginal fields and control the Saudis prices to an extent.

Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6685805
12/07/19 09:17 AM
12/07/19 09:17 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
All true but perhaps now the issue is keeping the Saudis the big dogs in the region. There has to be one. In a region with nuclear capability, hi in off the cuff reaction, and low in common sense and self restraint people need the fear factor to not get too stupid.
It's all well and good to want the place to become glazed in glass but a conflict as severe as that would become much more wide spread. It's easy for most of us here to survive and find work and a way to live but most in America at this point rely one way or another on foreign markets or products in some way. A nuclear war there, which they would not stop at, would devastate our economy and cause massive problems. It's not just their oil anymore that makes us dependent. Quite frankly America has too large a population, we cannot support all from within anymore.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Big George W] #6685809
12/07/19 09:24 AM
12/07/19 09:24 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Big George W
Originally Posted by bblwi
He is or was a Saudi Air Force member over here to be trained on military hardware and software that we sell to the Saudis.

Bryce

Yup !!
The same people who brought us 9/11... and yet our government and the defense industry bows down to them.
For the life of me I would love to know why that is.

Because oil. Where have you been?

No Jab.
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6685810
12/07/19 09:25 AM
12/07/19 09:25 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
it would not take nukes to turn mecca and riyadh into rubble

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6685813
12/07/19 09:26 AM
12/07/19 09:26 AM
Wisconsin
8117 Steve R Online content
trapper
8117 Steve R  Online Content
trapper

Wisconsin
Nothing was learned from Ft Hood. Why do we insist that our soldiers and sailors be unarmed on base? Those people are sitting ducks for any looney that sneaks a weapon in. Its crazy.

Steve
WTA
NRA
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: danny clifton] #6685821
12/07/19 09:37 AM
12/07/19 09:37 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by danny clifton
it would not take nukes to turn mecca and riyadh into rubble

Your right of but others in that region have them and would jump all over that chance to use them, in the name of allah of course. In fact I'm sure they'd find some line in their book telling them to use them.
Make no mistake Danny I am in no way excusing the Saudis I more then anyone think they should pay for 9/11 and other transgressions against us.

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6685835
12/07/19 09:50 AM
12/07/19 09:50 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Howd he get through the screening process? Why does the US train Saudis at all considering their peoples history?

Why doesnt the US out them in the same craphole boat as Iran and NorKo?

Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6685882
12/07/19 10:43 AM
12/07/19 10:43 AM
CT
Big George W Offline
trapper
Big George W  Offline
trapper

CT

Because oil. Where have you been?[/quote]

Yes !!
[It's the economy stupid....]

I'm well aware of that, but since we are the largest producer of oil, so what ??
Who cares about the Saudis if we produce the most oil ??
I suppose now is a good time to ask - where does all the oil we produce go ??
*I seem to think that our last President slipped and stated that Oil was our # 1 export...............

Like I've said in the past, the US tells Israel what they can and cannot do, while the Saudis tell the US what they can and cannot do especially when it comes to military intervention.

Trust me on that, 32 + years working in the defense industry.... the Saudis rule the world, and the US leaders political and corporate will bow and scrape to the Saudis because "...they control the spice market" [Dune...]

That's the thing i admire about the Russians, they seem to operate in their own world and could care less what anybody else thinks.
Not saying that the Russians are perfect, but I wish that the US would become more self reliant and more pro-American instead of becoming more pro-Saudi as time goes on.

I wonder how many folks in the VA hospitals love the Saudis..........

I just learned that during that little conflict in Somalia right after Operation Restore Hope - a nice man from Saudi Arabia named Bin Laden decided he had enough of US Interventions, and felt he needed to do something about it, which a few years later - with the blessings of the Saudi government -brought us 9/11

Somalia has been on my mind a lot lately and I know this is off topic but we worked on those MH-60Ls and K's that went to Somalia, the Army brought a dozen aircraft to the plant for armor plated floors and erosion strips for the main and tail rotor blades.

I worked in Prod Flt Ops at the time, and I was maybe 28 years old at the time.
Most of the soldiers were younger than me, and most of them looked worried - at least very concerned.

They knew where they were going and what awaited them once they got there............

Once all the aircraft departed, a few days later... I was with another mech, and I said "look at that, someone left their hat behind"

It was an Army Cap with either a corp or sgt emblem [a pin] on the front, and no name - and it was left on a panel board which we used for our paperwork.

He told me, wow - keep it, it might have good stories to tell.

Well, not that long afterwards I was in the local Jeep dealership getting my 93 Jeep serviced - and to my horror and surprise I saw the images on CNN of Mike Durant [I probably spelled that wrong..] all bust up after his MH-60 was shot down in Somalia, and that is something I still think of because I worked on some of those aircraft sent over.

I suddenly - like within the last few weeks - realized I had no idea where that Army cap was, and that i needed to find it.

I've been searching for that cap ever since, because I have no idea what happened to the soldier who it belonged to, and I want to put that cap in a place of importance in my house, because that mission was a game changer regarding how our military operates, even to this day.

Sorry for going off topic here, but the Saudis make me sick, and what makes me even sicker is how our country worships them.

Respect,
Big George + Loki the Dog.....
East Derby, CT
CTA [life member], NTA, FTA, FBU
Connecticut Republican Party
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Big George W] #6685913
12/07/19 11:11 AM
12/07/19 11:11 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin

I'm well aware of that, but since we are the largest producer of oil, so what ??
*I seem to think that our last President slipped and stated that Oil was our # 1 export...............

Like I've said in the past, the US tells Israel what they can and cannot do, while the Saudis tell the US what they can and cannot do especially when it comes to military intervention.

Trust me on that, 32 + years working in the defense industry.... the Saudis rule the world, and the US leaders political and corporate will bow and scrape to the Saudis because "...they control the spice market" [Dune...]

That's the thing i admire about the Russians, they seem to operate in their own world and could care less what anybody else thinks.
Not saying that the Russians are perfect, but I wish that the US would become more self reliant and more pro-American instead of becoming more pro-Saudi as time goes on.

I just learned that during that little conflict in Somalia right after Operation Restore Hope - a nice man from Saudi Arabia named Bin Laden decided he had enough of US Interventions, and felt he needed to do something about it, which a few years later - with the blessings of the Saudi government -brought us 9/11

Somalia has been on my mind a lot lately and I know this is off topic but we worked on those MH-60Ls and K's that went to Somalia, the Army brought a dozen aircraft to the plant for armor plated floors and erosion strips for the main and tail rotor blades..

Sorry for going off topic here, but the Saudis make me sick, and what makes me even sicker is how our country worships them.

Fine and agreeable comment right there

Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6685971
12/07/19 01:28 PM
12/07/19 01:28 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
The Iranians are the enemy of the Saudis.
The Iranians are the enemy of the USA.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." This has been the truth since man learned how to make a wooden club.

Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Big George W] #6686052
12/07/19 03:21 PM
12/07/19 03:21 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI

Because oil. Where have you been?

Yes !!
[It's the economy stupid....]

Somalia has been on my mind a lot lately and I know this is off topic but we worked on those MH-60Ls and K's that went to Somalia, the Army brought a dozen aircraft to the plant for armor plated floors and erosion strips for the main and tail rotor blades.

I worked in Prod Flt Ops at the time, and I was maybe 28 years old at the time.
Most of the soldiers were younger than me, and most of them looked worried - at least very concerned.

They knew where they were going and what awaited them once they got there............

Once all the aircraft departed, a few days later... I was with another mech, and I said "look at that, someone left their hat behind"

It was an Army Cap with either a corp or sgt emblem [a pin] on the front, and no name - and it was left on a panel board which we used for our paperwork.

He told me, wow - keep it, it might have good stories to tell.

Well, not that long afterwards I was in the local Jeep dealership getting my 93 Jeep serviced - and to my horror and surprise I saw the images on CNN of Mike Durant [I probably spelled that wrong..] all bust up after his MH-60 was shot down in Somalia, and that is something I still think of because I worked on some of those aircraft sent over.

I suddenly - like within the last few weeks - realized I had no idea where that Army cap was, and that i needed to find it.

I've been searching for that cap ever since, because I have no idea what happened to the soldier who it belonged to, and I want to put that cap in a place of importance in my house, because that mission was a game changer regarding how our military operates, even to this day.

[/quote]

Nothing to with the economy. Its all politics.

No Jab.
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6686087
12/07/19 04:18 PM
12/07/19 04:18 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Until the enemy of your enemy slaughters thousands in your streets and continues to funds programs that create the problem.

Both parties are guilty.

Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6688961
12/10/19 12:35 PM
12/10/19 12:35 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

Every member of the military should be required to be armed unless in their home ,.....

The idea that a military installation would disarm military members on base is beyond crazy.

If they can't be trusted with a gun they shouldn't be in the military.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: 52Carl] #6689244
12/10/19 05:58 PM
12/10/19 05:58 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Online content
trapper
upstateNY  Online Content
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by 52Carl
The Iranians are the enemy of the Saudis.
The Iranians are the enemy of the USA.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." This has been the truth since man learned how to make a wooden club.

The maggots piloting the jets on 9/11 were all saudies.No friends of mine.Should have leveled the place the next day.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6689417
12/10/19 08:27 PM
12/10/19 08:27 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
How many "friendlies" have turned on us in Afghanistan? Muslims c.an never be trusted.

Re: Pensacola Shooting by Middle Eastern National [Re: Finster] #6689447
12/10/19 08:49 PM
12/10/19 08:49 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
The Moroccans have been a long time ally and I believe the first nation to recognize our independence.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread