No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687527
12/08/19 10:09 PM
12/08/19 10:09 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Why would poor blacks be any less willing to vote themselves free stuff, when rich Republicans do the same?

How can you condemn any voter for voting their own self interest? Do you vote against yours?

Those were absurd posts you made, sneaky.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: James] #6687533
12/08/19 10:17 PM
12/08/19 10:17 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by James

How can you condemn any voter for voting their own self interest? Do you vote against yours?

Jim

Says the guy who claims to be a gun-owner but promises to vote for "any Democrat with a pulse."

Yet another one of your incredibly stupid posts.

Eh...wot?

Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Lugnut] #6687545
12/08/19 10:26 PM
12/08/19 10:26 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Lugnut

Jim

Says the guy who claims to be a gun-owner but promises to vote for "any Democrat with a pulse."

How many is that, I lost track lol.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: James] #6687552
12/08/19 10:29 PM
12/08/19 10:29 PM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
Why would poor blacks be any less willing to vote themselves free stuff, when rich Republicans do the same?

Jim

Absolutely not. They weren't absurd. I believe you have hit your head too many times over the years it would seem. The minorities have fallen into the same trap for generations. Promised the world, given enough to barely hold on. Yet they still vote the party line because they've been trained well. It's absurd to think that any Democrat in office cares about them past their vote. You're incredibly naive to think otherwise.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Mike in A-town] #6687557
12/08/19 10:34 PM
12/08/19 10:34 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Boco, that would be because there was common lynching of blacks, mostly in the South but also in northern states. Other racial groups, while targeted with slurs, beatings, etc., at least weren't hung for looking at a white woman the wrong way.

Jim

If that word evokes such heartbreaking memories and woe, why do they call each other that same slur fifteen times in a conversation?

Mike

It is indeed also a way of sarcasm when used among the same race . It is used in a general way to each other, whether white folk are present or not. It isn't said for them, it is used in an all encompassing feel of the "brotherhood ", involving any emotion needed to emphasize the point. Minka and Lugnut both have that correct, in part, as I have grown up experiencing this.

The slang is a morph from the original term , used by southern white slave owners in the beginning, which morphed over time to be used with disdain by some deep south white folk , and others , generally as insult , to this day .

When used in same race conversations, it has a range of inflection , sarcasm, or outright insult , emphasis without animosity, as a "brother I'm in this too" feel, appealing in forms of reason with emphasis ,even in tough guy , friendly love - brothers , close friends , etc .

In many of those contexts , there is no insult intended...but it has to be of the same race , in general . I have only known very few exceptions , such as intermixing races in close relationships . Even then, the treading is done with care .

Still recognized as a disrespectful name , even among black folk, when in a formal setting, or in front of respected older generation family especially, ( many who abhor that term ), they respectfully cease to use it.

It has been a long time since I have been in the deep south , where I grew up , but with close friends of mine who were black, or mixed race , that was what I observed .

Our Tman Tribe member, Wolfdog, must be smiling . smile

An advocate of the 2nd , hunting or trapping as well, can then know how to speak with anyone of any race in a mature, educated fashion, in words "seasoned with salt", as it were , to have a receptive audience , with listening ear respect , in explanation of the aforementioned subjects .

Just like the lad in the video that Finster posted in the start of his thread.

Elevating communication to the positive if possible , without being the proverbial bull in the China shop.

Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687564
12/08/19 10:46 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Points taken, Sharon.

I usually don't fight back, you may have noticed. But today I made an exception.

Tomorrow I'll go back to ignoring most of the attacks.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Catch22] #6687565
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Lugnut

Jim

Originally Posted by Catch22

How many is that, I lost track lol.

Watch it Catch, his giant ego and incessant need for attention will have him believing you are responding to him again.

Eh...wot?

Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687567
12/08/19 10:48 PM
12/08/19 10:48 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Sneaky, I think they dropped you hard on the head as a baby. (See? I can do it too.)

I don't know what makes you an expert on black culture, outlooks, and voting patterns. Maybe you can enlighten me.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687573
12/08/19 10:53 PM
12/08/19 10:53 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I can’t tell you the last time a black person was hanged by a white person for talking to a white girl but I can tell you the last time a white girl was killed by a black person for talking with a black guy.

-Goofy-
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687575
12/08/19 10:56 PM
12/08/19 10:56 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

Well said Miss Sharon.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: sneaky] #6687577
12/08/19 10:57 PM
12/08/19 10:57 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by sneaky

Jim

Absolutely not. They weren't absurd. I believe you have hit your head too many times over the years it would seem. The minorities have fallen into the same trap for generations. Promised the world, given enough to barely hold on. Yet they still vote the party line because they've been trained well. It's absurd to think that any Democrat in office cares about them past their vote. You're incredibly naive to think otherwise.

That is a wise post, truth. Look into Candice Owens, she is a wonderful young Lady who gets it.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687583
12/08/19 11:12 PM
12/08/19 11:12 PM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

Sorry James, but you lost this war of words early on when you said most immigrants come from conservative cultures. Why'd ya do it Jimmy??

Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687588
12/08/19 11:23 PM
12/08/19 11:23 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Because most immigrants come from conservative cultures.

Anti-abortion. Anti-gay. Religious. Personally conservative about spending money. And so on.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687594
12/08/19 11:38 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
You guys are killing me.
You have let all of the air out of my unarguably successful trouncing of Jim in debate earlier in this thread.
Now I'll likely have to start all over again. Not a huge deal, as I find him to be an easy mark.
Y'all get too emotional and slanderous in response to his words. He feeds on that. You need to stick to the facts, use logic and reason, even if he pretends not to understand.

Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687595
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

So everybody in Cuba is a conservative, got it. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687596
12/08/19 11:39 PM
12/08/19 11:39 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

What I don't understand is why are they defending the use of a word they can't spell.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: James] #6687598
12/08/19 11:43 PM
12/08/19 11:43 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Online sick
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Online Sick
trapper
D

MN

Jim

Immigration has removed my ability to vote in self interest in a meaningful way. I live in a district that was partially rural and partially conservative. Elections were always a toss up and typically the democrat candidate was pretty moderate to appeal to the rural voter base. After a decade of resettling Somalian "refugees" here my distract and more so my state has gone far left. I can still vote but it doesnt matter, whoever wins the Democrat nomination is going to win and those running on the Dem ticket no longer need to appeal to the more conservative voters.

America is not an idea it is a place and Americans are not an idea they are a people. Liberia has a constitution patterned after the U.S, no one is looking to immigrate or vacation in Liberia. Settlers from America brought U.S traditions and culture there but yet it is a mess with no real hope for a bright future. It is insane to think we can take people from anywhere in the globe and transplant them here in mass and expect them to adopt to our way of life.

Realize I am talking on average here as there are exceptions to every rule but African Americans still have a separate culture from White Americans. They go to different churches, listen to different music and largely live in their own communities away from White Americans. Violent crime, poverty, illegitimacy, welfare usage are all huge issues in the African American communities, there has been 400 years of coexistence between white and black Americans yet we still have not integrated into a homogeneous culture, why should we believe new immigrants are going to integrate in and support our laws and values?

Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6687609
12/08/19 11:55 PM
12/08/19 11:55 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

Immigration has removed my ability to vote in self interest in a meaningful way. I live in a district that was partially rural and partially conservative. Elections were always a toss up and typically the democrat candidate was pretty moderate to appeal to the rural voter base. After a decade of resettling Somalian "refugees" here my distract and more so my state has gone far left. I can still vote but it doesnt matter, whoever wins the Democrat nomination is going to win and those running on the Dem ticket no longer need to appeal to the more conservative voters.

America is not an idea it is a place and Americans are not an idea they are a people. Liberia has a constitution patterned after the U.S, no one is looking to immigrate or vacation in Liberia. Settlers from America brought U.S traditions and culture there but yet it is a mess with no real hope for a bright future. It is insane to think we can take people from anywhere in the globe and transplant them here in mass and expect them to adopt to our way of life.

Realize I am talking on average here as there are exceptions to every rule but African Americans still have a separate culture from White Americans. They go to different churches, listen to different music and largely live in their own communities away from White Americans. Violent crime, poverty, illegitimacy, welfare usage are all huge issues in the African American communities, there has been 400 years of coexistence between white and black Americans yet we still have not integrated into a homogeneous culture, why should we believe new immigrants are going to integrate in and support our laws and values?

There was a time period when even though African Americans lived in separate communities, they supported the American way of life. Volunteering to fight for this country, becoming business owners, promoting education and spirituality. Yes they faced many challenges but they refused to be victims.

-Goofy-
Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687627
12/09/19 12:23 AM
12/09/19 12:23 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
"...why should we believe new immigrants are going to integrate in and support our laws and values?"

First-generation immigrants do not fully assimilate. It's the second or third generations that grow up fully American. This was certainly true of my own family.

My paternal grandparents immigrated in 1910. My grandparents had a marriage arranged by their parents. Nothing American about that.

My great-grandparents never fully assimilated. My grandmother was forbidden to speak English in the home. She hated the rule, wanted to be American. After leaving home, she never spoke anything but English.

It's normal for first-generation immigrants to think the way they were raised to think. English is usually hard for them. So is the cultural change.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg [Re: Finster] #6687628
12/09/19 12:24 AM
12/09/19 12:24 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
It was difficult to play victim although previous immigrants were exploited, the welfare state hadn't been invented yet.

James, it's a bit disingenuous to compare someone voting to keep their own money vs someone voting to try to take someone else's.

Last edited by Steven 49er; 12/09/19 12:26 AM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread