No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6693981
12/15/19 02:50 AM
12/15/19 02:50 AM
Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by VaBeagler
You are right. Nothing good about this. It will eliminate youth hunting. Sickening, every VA citizen that owns a gun is squalling now. Where were these folks in November? The Dems told you what they had planned but the voters didn't turn out. Now that the Dems are in a position to make wholesale changes every gun owner in the state is crying. These rural folks, such as myself are too used to having a republican controlled state Senate that they didn't bother to vote. For the record, I voted,. I've voted in every election since I was 18, I'm 47 now.

I don’t know that there were enough registered Republicans in the flipped redistricted districts to have made a difference. Republicans are going to have to leave the country life and move back into the cities to turn it around.

I refuse to leave my 155 acres for a 100x100 lot. No thanks.

Re: Virginia folks? [Re: VaBeagler] #6693983
12/15/19 02:57 AM
12/15/19 02:57 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by VaBeagler

I don’t know that there were enough registered Republicans in the flipped redistricted districts to have made a difference. Republicans are going to have to leave the country life and move back into the cities to turn it around.

I refuse to leave my 155 acres for a 100x100 lot. No thanks.

That’s pretty selfish of you, think of the children. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6693984
12/15/19 03:02 AM
12/15/19 03:02 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I disagree. I could buy a gun tomorrow under my name, and by this time next year it could have had 6 owners and be in some gang bangers hand in Los Angeles. Proof of who bought a gun commercially is NOT the same as a gun registry, which would include requirements of documenting WHO you sold that gun to, or else you would be liable.... big difference.

They find that gun in a gang banger’s hand you don’t think they are going to find you? They will and you’ll say I sold that to so and so or I gave that gun to Earl Iskabibble. The only difference in doing that and what I mentioned is they won’t even come knocking on your door because they have paperwork where you reported it lost or stolen.

But it wasn't lost or stolen. I sold it. And I'm not reporting chit to anyone about who I sold it to. So I guess in a way you're right. When they come asking, I WILL say it was stolen.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6693985
12/15/19 03:06 AM
12/15/19 03:06 AM
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

I prefer to teach my children how to protect this farm against enemies foreign or domestic. I do get your sarcasm hobbie. No hard feelings taken. Lol

Re: Virginia folks? [Re: yotetrapper30] #6694032
12/15/19 08:22 AM
12/15/19 08:22 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Lugnut

Good. It looks like the liberal, anti-constitution, anti-2A, anti-America freaks have taken notice of the massive push-back against their gun-grabbing laws.

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Good? It's only good if the people protesting it completely ignore this. Requiring people to register every gun is nearly as bad as banning them. It also would prevent every child in Virginia from getting a Marlin squirrel gun under the Christmas tree. I don't see very much good here.

I was referring to the fact that it is good for citizens to be standing up to a tyrannical government and refusing to comply with unconstitutional laws.

Eh...wot?

Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6694173
12/15/19 11:20 AM
12/15/19 11:20 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
In this day and age it is foolish imo to think that NICS is not a registry. I'm glad to see that now the R's are doing something down there in VA but I only have sympathy for the 38% that voted.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6694175
12/15/19 11:22 AM
12/15/19 11:22 AM
pennsylvania
R
rick brocious Offline
trapper
rick brocious  Offline
trapper
R

pennsylvania
When they make you register your guns it makes their job easier to confiscate when they make that certain gun illegal .

Re: Virginia folks? [Re: rick brocious] #6694181
12/15/19 11:40 AM
12/15/19 11:40 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by rick brocious
When they make you register your guns it makes their job easier to confiscate when they make that certain gun illegal .

Unless you complete the lost or stolen report prior to. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6694204
12/15/19 12:20 PM
12/15/19 12:20 PM
smithfield, virginia
F
flash Offline
trapper
flash  Offline
trapper
F

smithfield, virginia
do not lay blame at the feet of republicans. gerrymandering comes into play in virginia along with the democrats giving away free this and that to make the general freeloaders vote in favor of their party. they buy their votes in all walks of life..... you should read the the bills that are coming our way.... it looks like the new california is here.....

Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6694209
12/15/19 12:23 PM
12/15/19 12:23 PM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
Raise at once the black flag no quarter to the violators of our rights and freedoms it is not just the gun laws but our ability to be free people and to be totally self sufficient. No gun law has ever stopped people from killing other people this has been proven over and over again and again from the dawn of time till now. If you took away all the guns then it would be knives and swords what did they have before guns this is a power grab to suppress a free body of people and Virginians will not tolerate it and will stand fight first in the courts and the streets and if the law fails go restore its freedoms then.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: bandy] #6694215
12/15/19 12:34 PM
12/15/19 12:34 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted by bandy
Raise at once the black flag no quarter to the violators of our rights and freedoms it is not just the gun laws but our ability to be free people and to be totally self sufficient. No gun law has ever stopped people from killing other people this has been proven over and over again and again from the dawn of time till now. If you took away all the guns then it would be knives and swords what did they have before guns this is a power grab to suppress a free body of people and Virginians will not tolerate it and will stand fight first in the courts and the streets and if the law fails go restore its freedoms then.

We all hear you ,,But you have already lost , and now you have an uphill battle to regain some of your rights ,Whats your next step wrap yourself up in blackcats .You will never win fighting the government ,They will take us and our rights and dismantle them piece by piece State by State. And no amount of hot air will change that

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Snowpa] #6694237
12/15/19 01:00 PM
12/15/19 01:00 PM
Buggs Island, Va
lonewolf308 Offline
trapper
lonewolf308  Offline
trapper

Buggs Island, Va
Pretty sure with proper use of insurgent tactics and attacks on selected targets the state could be brought to a grinding halt fairly easy. With enough support the government could be bent enough to make extreme compromises. Short of bombing homes, churches, and office buildings which we won't even do over seas they would spend years fighting house to house. My examples would be how everything stops even the stock market when a mass shooting happens. They call 5 people dead 10 wounded a mass when in reality a trained shooter could do that blind folded. People mock uprisings until they see them in other countries and say man that's a lot of people wonder how they're going to break this up? Most Americans are so blind to violence and soft it wouldn't take much to make them cry for relief. That's why we have people crying for gun laws now, it's a band aid promised by the government!

VTA member
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6694258
12/15/19 01:32 PM
12/15/19 01:32 PM
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
trapper234 Offline
trapper
trapper234  Offline
trapper

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
I would tell them that I lost the gun in a boating accident. LOL

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: Virginia folks? [Re: lonewolf308] #6694402
12/15/19 05:29 PM
12/15/19 05:29 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted by lonewolf308
Pretty sure with proper use of insurgent tactics and attacks on selected targets the state could be brought to a grinding halt fairly easy. With enough support the government could be bent enough to make extreme compromises. Short of bombing homes, churches, and office buildings which we won't even do over seas they would spend years fighting house to house. My examples would be how everything stops even the stock market when a mass shooting happens. They call 5 people dead 10 wounded a mass when in reality a trained shooter could do that blind folded. People mock uprisings until they see them in other countries and say man that's a lot of people wonder how they're going to break this up? Most Americans are so blind to violence and soft it wouldn't take much to make them cry for relief. That's why we have people crying for gun laws now, it's a band aid promised by the government!

Wait till you try to recruit your resistance .My opinion is it will never happen people would have to be in a militia or gang in advance .You cant even get people to show up for 20.00 an hour job shifts

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Snowpa] #6694485
12/15/19 07:14 PM
12/15/19 07:14 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Snowpa
Originally Posted by lonewolf308

Wait till you try to recruit your resistance .My opinion is it will never happen people would have to be in a militia or gang in advance .You cant even get people to show up for 20.00 an hour job shifts

History won’t remember you working a $20.00/hr job.

-Goofy-
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6694528
12/15/19 07:56 PM
12/15/19 07:56 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
It is my estimation that Governor Coonman and his ilk have overplayed their hand and will pay dearly in the next election. Those in the General Assembly and the State Senate are beginning to get that message, thanks to the 2A Sanctuary movement in several counties and big municipalities. Their next election will be on their minds when they cast votes denying 2A rights. They have a slim lead in one of the Houses already.
Remember this, all politicians rank re-election above all other matters. All of them!

Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6694687
12/15/19 10:29 PM
12/15/19 10:29 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
One thing all politicians want, your VOTE! Everything else is B.S.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Virginia folks? [Re: Mike in A-town] #6694826
12/16/19 12:36 AM
12/16/19 12:36 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
[Linked Image]