No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Anyone know about those oxygen machines ? #6699160
12/19/19 07:34 PM
12/19/19 07:34 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline OP
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline OP
trapper

NY
When they send someone home from the Hospital, and they are told they need to use one of those Oxygen machines, what exactly are they ? Is it a machine that makes it's own Oxygen , or one that needs tanks refilled ? If it is one that needs tanks that are refilled, roughly how long does each tank last before it needs a new full air tank ?

Also, what do you do with those machines when the power goes out ? Do they have a battery backup?

Re: Anyone know about those oxygen machines ? [Re: Canvasback2] #6699187
12/19/19 07:53 PM
12/19/19 07:53 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Online content
trapper
chas3457  Online Content
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
My wife uses an "oxygen condenser" when she sleeps. Is that the machine you are referring to?

As far as I know, it doesn't work if the power goes out. In her case it isn't a life or death matter, but the doctor thinks it is best if she uses it.

This is the one she has.

[Linked Image]

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Anyone know about those oxygen machines ? [Re: Canvasback2] #6699235
12/19/19 08:23 PM
12/19/19 08:23 PM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Originally Posted by Canvasback2
When they send someone home from the Hospital, and they are told they need to use one of those Oxygen machines, what exactly are they ? Is it a machine that makes it's own Oxygen , or one that needs tanks refilled ? If it is one that needs tanks that are refilled, roughly how long does each tank last before it needs a new full air tank ?

Also, what do you do with those machines when the power goes out ? Do they have a battery backup?

I have an oxygen machine similar to what chas3457 is showing, it take existing oxygen in the average room air and concentrates it. I was also given a large tank of oxygen in case the power goes out. When the machine gets delivered they explain everything about the machine, supplies(tubing, nasals, etc) pretty well and will provide you with a contact number. The local Fire Dept. is also a great resource in an emergency.

Let's go Brandon!
Re: Anyone know about those oxygen machines ? [Re: Canvasback2] #6699382
12/19/19 10:29 PM
12/19/19 10:29 PM
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
trapper234 Offline
trapper
trapper234  Offline
trapper

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
I used a oxygen machine like the one pictured for about a year after I had some major surgery. It was somewhat noisy and it sure would heat up the room from it running. It was a rental and it was covered under my health insurance because my doctor prescribed it. The machine was capable to fill oxygen tanks with some adapters.

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: Anyone know about those oxygen machines ? [Re: Canvasback2] #6699428
12/19/19 11:17 PM
12/19/19 11:17 PM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline
trapper
il.trapper  Offline
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
Have had those inn my life for years. My mom, then dad, now my wife.

They are 02 concentrater. No bottles needed for them to supply needed o2. The one we have now has another "pump" that sits on top of the concentrator which is used to fill the small portable bottles.

There are two filters on the machines. One in back is easily accessible and needs cleaned at least weekly, sometimes more often. The other one is inside the machine and the comp. you rent or buy from comes once or twice a year to replace it and run tests on the machine.

None I have seen have a battery backup. There are some that are "portable", much smaller machines weighing only 3-5 lbs. Those will charge off 110 vac or 12 vdc. They are limited to how many liters per minute (LPM) of o2 they can supply however. Endigen I believe are the most popular of that type. Everyone I have ever known that has a o2 Concentrater also has either tanks or the portable units for when the power goes out or they need portable o2.

Re: Anyone know about those oxygen machines ? [Re: Canvasback2] #6699452
12/19/19 11:45 PM
12/19/19 11:45 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
it is a high pressure pump when you pressurize to a point you can separate the nitrogen form the oxygen it concentrates oxygen and stores it for the user to breath by condensing and releasing the nitrogen

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Anyone know about those oxygen machines ? [Re: Canvasback2] #6699692
12/20/19 09:33 AM
12/20/19 09:33 AM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
As trapper234 stated it does generates some heat. My thermostat is set for the house to be 60 degrees while I sleep, I have the oxygen machine in the bedroom and it keeps it very comfortable. In the summer it would cook you, I just move the machine to the hallway.

I got my machine through my insurance, the company I use is through Basset in Cooperstown. BTW, they are excellent. They maintain the machine, they have schedule maintenance routine and will check if you have concerns or problems. I call the contact number they provided to get additional nasals or tubing, they drop them off on their weekly scheduled day for my area.

Hope this helps and your wife is doing well.

Let's go Brandon!
Re: Anyone know about those oxygen machines ? [Re: Canvasback2] #6699709
12/20/19 09:47 AM
12/20/19 09:47 AM
IL
G
goatman Offline
trapper
goatman  Offline
trapper
G

IL
Having worked for a rural electric coop don't forget to call your utility and tell them your on one. They should call you and tell you about planned outages and put you on a priority list to be the first back on in unplanned outages.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread