No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
That's a 1st #6699513
12/20/19 01:12 AM
12/20/19 01:12 AM
GRAVETTE ARK
A
Ark Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Ark Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
A

GRAVETTE ARK
For me anyway. Was trapping a field edge last year on heavily posted property, there was a neighboring property about 1/4 mile away with a few free ranging shepherds. I made one unharmed release a few days later my wolf fa g was dug up and trap was stolen. Fresh shepherd sign was present. I had isex landowners of the theft he had used that the neighbor had taken the trap..he assured me that it would not happen again. No more trouble after that fido was tied In the yard.
Sometime this summer the landowner bought the neighbor out. She still lives o. The property however, she also still has numerous dogs. I was trapping same place this year except mine using sabertooth drags. Waz pulling the line today get down to the same field as last yr ,last trap and drag are missing. I spent 2 3 hrs searching. No luck. So this time I go knock on the door. Young man comes out wit numerous dogs none with a limp. Asked him if I may have caught one of them because .y trap was missing again. He said I had but it was last yr and the trap was around here, well he couldn't find it so we left and told hi. To call if he did..
We went to the next house and asked they said no so we left. The young man at the 1st house flagged us down so we stopped he ran back into the house and came out w a backpack he dug around a minute we asked if he had found the trap . He said no however his mom had sold it at an auction. He went out to he car got out his wallet and handed me 30.00 I told him no just do t do it again and thanked him. But he insisted to pay for the trap. Couldn't believe he paid me for the trap! I thanked him again for making this right.
I did call the game warden to report this missing trap and to advise him that at least 1 with my identification was sold at auction..wouldn't have believed this lol warden also said he would pay them a visit if I thought there would be a future problem. I told him no. I'll look again tomorrow but now I think maybe a coonhunter picked it up.
I sure was not expecting to get the cash. Any of you have this happen before

Re: That's a 1st [Re: Ark Trapper] #6699528
12/20/19 02:02 AM
12/20/19 02:02 AM
AK
bfisch Offline
trapper
bfisch  Offline
trapper

AK
Sounds like it turned out well, except for the one still missing. Always nice to work with the honest ones!

Re: That's a 1st [Re: Ark Trapper] #6699561
12/20/19 06:23 AM
12/20/19 06:23 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Sounds like he did what he could to correct the wrong that had been done. That's how such things should be handled when they arise.

Re: That's a 1st [Re: Ark Trapper] #6699600
12/20/19 07:41 AM
12/20/19 07:41 AM
Port Jervis, NY
B
beachcomber13 Offline
trapper
beachcomber13  Offline
trapper
B

Port Jervis, NY
It sucks that all that happened but thirty bucks for a trap isn't a bad price.

Re: That's a 1st [Re: Ark Trapper] #6699976
12/20/19 02:08 PM
12/20/19 02:08 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Say what you will about Arkansas, plenty of good people in that part of the country.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread