No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Lake of the woods #6703159
12/22/19 10:36 PM
12/22/19 10:36 PM
benton cty, Minnesota
ccoyote Offline OP
trapper
ccoyote  Offline OP
trapper

benton cty, Minnesota
Might go ice fishing this week up there. Curious what options there are have family that usually go to morris point or Adrians. But was curious about going on around warroad as it would be closer. We are definitely willing to go farther if the fishing is better one place or another.

Re: Lake of the woods [Re: ccoyote] #6703192
12/22/19 10:55 PM
12/22/19 10:55 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
There is no snow, what's left is dropping, and you can drive about anywhere. 12 to 15" of ice.

Good luck.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Lake of the woods [Re: ccoyote] #6703280
12/23/19 12:17 AM
12/23/19 12:17 AM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
I don't fish out of the Warroad area at all in the winter and never have so take anything I say for what it is.

They catch a bunch of fish on Five Mile Reef early ice, it should be good there. I believe access is on the Swift Ditch landing, someone generally maintains a road there. I also know they catch a bunch of walleyes on along Elm Point and the south tip of Buffalo. I can't comment if it would be better on the east side of the lake as I never fish there either lol.

I base camp out of the Rocky Point area and go from there. I know they are catching a ton of fish out in front of Rocky. It's early ice, fishing should be good most everywhere

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Lake of the woods [Re: ccoyote] #6703310
12/23/19 01:27 AM
12/23/19 01:27 AM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I've fished with Sportsmans out of Baudette a few times in the past, but it's been a few years since I've been out. I'm heading out with a group through Arnesen's Rocky Point this coming weekend.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread