No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Super frustrating [Re: Bob] #6709673
12/29/19 12:38 PM
12/29/19 12:38 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Dang that stinks. Don't hang up your line. Keep trapping and hang some cameras too. Let your warden know. I hope you have pics of the tracks if so give them to the warden as well.

I had similar issues got to the point where the warden hung up cameras. Unfortunately the season had ran out before we got decent pics of the scumbag.

Re: Super frustrating [Re: Bob] #6709685
12/29/19 12:45 PM
12/29/19 12:45 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Nothing worse then sneakums!

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Super frustrating [Re: Bob] #6709696
12/29/19 12:53 PM
12/29/19 12:53 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
Delta with simulate situations here but it's usually pheasant or coyote hunters. I have cards with my cell # that I had out to LO's so they can call me if someone wants to hunt on their land. Unfortunately the LO's usually don't understand what can happen when dogs run in areas that someone is trapping. The results are usually not good for me at all. Last week I had a number of sets destroyed by hunters assuming their dogs got caught and the hunters destroyed my trap and set out of frustration. On another place I had kids visiting grandparents for Christmas, run their ATV's though the woods destroying most of my sets. Figured it was time to pull as I can't compete with LO's grandkids....

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: Super frustrating [Re: Bob] #6709702
12/29/19 12:57 PM
12/29/19 12:57 PM
MI
T
trappingmichigan Offline
trapper
trappingmichigan  Offline
trapper
T

MI
I have same problems here in Michigan, both state and private land. I just had a mink along with the trap stolen from state land. One month ago I had couple guys shoot a 6 point buck from the road on private property that I lease. I found the deer freshly shot laying in the picked bean field walking in for afternoon hunt. The deer was so recently shot that I skipped hunting and sat on the deer hoping the shooter would show back. While waiting I called our states poaching line. The conservation Officer said he would come sit on the deer with me since it was so fresh. Sure enough two hours after dark, here they come driving thier truck right through the ditch, into the field and right next to the deer. You should of seen the look on those guys faces when we turned our lights on and said hello! Conservation Officer issued citations, and I am asking the court to have the shooter reimburse me for the total cost my lease for the year also. Our recreational trespass law allows the lease holder and land owner to recover financial loss from the incident. Hasn't gone to court yet but looking forward to it. Nothing worse than poachers and trap thieves.

Re: Super frustrating [Re: trappingmichigan] #6709721
12/29/19 01:13 PM
12/29/19 01:13 PM
OR
C
Catcollector Offline
trapper
Catcollector  Offline
trapper
C

OR
Great to hear a poacher got busted... And I hope they must reimburse your loss

Re: Super frustrating [Re: trappingmichigan] #6709731
12/29/19 01:22 PM
12/29/19 01:22 PM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Originally Posted by trappingmichigan
I have same problems here in Michigan, both state and private land. I just had a mink along with the trap stolen from state land. One month ago I had couple guys shoot a 6 point buck from the road on private property that I lease. I found the deer freshly shot laying in the picked bean field walking in for afternoon hunt. The deer was so recently shot that I skipped hunting and sat on the deer hoping the shooter would show back. While waiting I called our states poaching line. The conservation Officer said he would come sit on the deer with me since it was so fresh. Sure enough two hours after dark, here they come driving thier truck right through the ditch, into the field and right next to the deer. You should of seen the look on those guys faces when we turned our lights on and said hello! Conservation Officer issued citations, and I am asking the court to have the shooter reimburse me for the total cost my lease for the year also. Our recreational trespass law allows the lease holder and land owner to recover financial loss from the incident. Hasn't gone to court yet but looking forward to it. Nothing worse than poachers and trap thieves.

Excellent work and hopefully a better outcome in court!

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: Super frustrating [Re: Bob] #6709772
12/29/19 02:04 PM
12/29/19 02:04 PM
Montana
Taximan Offline
trapper
Taximan  Offline
trapper

Montana
Sorry to hear that,Bob.Good luck with the rest of your season.

Re: Super frustrating [Re: Bob] #6709886
12/29/19 04:15 PM
12/29/19 04:15 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline OP
trapper
Bob  Offline OP
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
All of them were on private property. I’m in Richland county but it’s the same here. A gazilion “coyote hunters” who drive around and shoot everything they see. With our coyotes as valuable as they are right now they don’t think twice about it. I’m moving back to Nevada next summer. At least there I can hide my sets a little better, and people aren’t so concentrated. I never had anything stolen there. Pretty sure the oilfield makes it worse here.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread