No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Wellness check on James? [Re: beaverpeeler] #6711731
12/31/19 10:46 AM
12/31/19 10:46 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
To catch a ball means that a player:
Secures control of a live ball in flight with his hands or arms before the ball touches the ground, and
Touches the ground in bounds with any part of his body, and then
Maintains control of the ball long enough to enable him to perform an act common to the game, i.e. long enough to pitch or hand the ball, advance it, avoid or ward off an opponent, etc., and
Satisfies paragraphs b, c and d below.

In real time the receiver who was just trying to maintain control of that football ; never had control long enough or well enough to do any of the second part. Solid judgement call by replay. Good play by defender.

Last edited by Dirt; 12/31/19 11:23 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Wellness check on James? [Re: beaverpeeler] #6711735
12/31/19 10:53 AM
12/31/19 10:53 AM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
OSU has no room to talk about officiating after that 2003 game against Miami for the National Championship at the end of the 02 season.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: Wellness check on James? [Re: beaverpeeler] #6711870
12/31/19 12:41 PM
12/31/19 12:41 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Online content
trapper
Steven 49er  Online Content
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
I'm going to have to disagree with you dirt.

I flat out believe it was a catch, the line judge that was standing not less than a few yards away thought it was a catch and even so, I don't believe the replay shows enough proof to overturn the call on the field.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread