No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth [Re: Finster] #6712768
01/01/20 07:37 AM
01/01/20 07:37 AM
Arkansas
southerntrapper Offline
trapper
southerntrapper  Offline
trapper

Arkansas
I read a interview the good guy gave he said the only shot he had was a head shot at 40 ft. Firearm used was a Sig 226 in .357 sig.

"We must all hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately"
Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth [Re: Finster] #6712847
01/01/20 09:56 AM
01/01/20 09:56 AM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Has anyone heard or seen anything about the creep that did the shooting … was he an Arib, Illegal or just a nut job? I don't watch the MSM very often and hardy Fox anymore.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth [Re: Actor] #6712876
01/01/20 10:45 AM
01/01/20 10:45 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Actor
Has anyone heard or seen anything about the creep that did the shooting … was he an Arib, Illegal or just a nut job? I don't watch the MSM very often and hardy Fox anymore.

Garry-

White guy. That's who does most shootings. He was a bum. Came around the church all day he time asking for handouts they would give him food and he'd get angry and demand cash instead.

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth [Re: Finster] #6712995
01/01/20 12:28 PM
01/01/20 12:28 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
In the "TGI Friday/Gay" thread I posted a link to a YouTube video where Ben Shapiro had a discussion with Dave Rubin. During the discussion the topic of gun control came up and mental illness was mentioned. Shapiro brought up some stats that point to an overlooked/ignored issue.

I looked up the population numbers that Shapiro mentions but doesn't specify...

US population in 1960: 180 million. Number of people in mental institutions in 1960: 500,000

US population in 2016: 323.4 million. Number of people in mental institutions in 2016: roughly 25,000.

We have nearly doubled the population in almost 60 years. But we have 1/20 of the number of people confined for mental health issues.

Shapiro states the reasoning behind that was that the old standard of, "Can this person take care of themselves in society?" was abandoned. The new notion adopted was that most "crazy" people aren't crazy... just "eccentric" and we started emptying mental institutions.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth [Re: Finster] #6713050
01/01/20 01:22 PM
01/01/20 01:22 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
It's true Mike. My wife has been a nurse in mental institutions for the last fifteen years or so. They shut down the hospital at Allentown 4-5 years ago. Some patients were transferred but many were simply released.

She saw the writing on the wall and transferred to another institution. She regularly tells me about patients being released that, in her opinion, will not be able to fend for themselves outside the hospital environment.

Eh...wot?

Re: Church Shooting Near Fort Worth [Re: Lugnut] #6713340
01/01/20 06:40 PM
01/01/20 06:40 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Lugnut
It's true Mike. My wife has been a nurse in mental institutions for the last fifteen years or so. They shut down the hospital at Allentown 4-5 years ago. Some patients were transferred but many were simply released.

She saw the writing on the wall and transferred to another institution. She regularly tells me about patients being released that, in her opinion, will not be able to fend for themselves outside the hospital environment.

So not only are they unstable, they will now likely be desperate. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

There is a branch of some kind of mental health thing here in my little Podunk town. They bus them in here for therapy or something... But when they aren't in therapy they're allowed to wander around town unsupervised. Naturally a lot of them gravitate to the little convenience store a block away and the owners of the store have ran them off numerous times for panhandling. The local sheriff's office has received numerous complaints and they basically shrug their shoulders and say there's nothing they can do. One of the "patients" has even been spotted (more than once) sitting under a tree behind the clinic "walking his dog" if you catch my drift... Again, the sheriff's office doesn't do anything about it.

I rather imagine everyone here knows what my reaction will be if I catch the "dog walker" pursuing his favorite activity under the tree in my front yard... Especially if my 10 year old daughter is staying with me at the time.

Aside from that, I feel they're mostly harmless. But letting them roam unsupervised seems like a big liability for the clinic, especially with a busy highway and railroad line running through town.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread