No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6714685
01/02/20 10:49 PM
01/02/20 10:49 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Amen -- bp -- having lived in a right to work state and being in a supervisory position --- sometimes you "do what you have to do" -- this does not mean that it is right or wrong, and if you have been in that postion long -- things will usually sort themselves out in 6 months or so.

Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6714726
01/02/20 11:10 PM
01/02/20 11:10 PM
Norborne MO
B
BBarnes Offline
trapper
BBarnes  Offline
trapper
B

Norborne MO
I’ve learned over the years in our profession Sarge that these problems tend to take care of themselves. The wait sometimes takes longer than we would like but the show at the end is well worth the wait.

B

Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6714830
01/03/20 12:46 AM
01/03/20 12:46 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"God I wish I could retire and move so far from people and back into the woods deeper then I'm am now and not see another person for a very long time. "

North side of the Alaska Range, not south side. Make it happen!

At least you will die with some pride!

Last edited by Dirt; 01/03/20 12:47 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6714842
01/03/20 01:05 AM
01/03/20 01:05 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
I would if I could. Wife wouldn't like much. I'm happy with my home and land right now. Thinking about getting a camper and live in Montana during the summer when the time is right. I have about 9 more years before hanging it up.Then beaver trap, grow x_mas trees, fish and hunt.
If this issue goes South, which I don't think it will. All I truly apologize for was being too harsh. But the race issue was brought up, which I promptly denied, because I never went down that path, nor would I. Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6714850
01/03/20 01:21 AM
01/03/20 01:21 AM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Blow it off completely, Sarge. Its done. You didn't apologize for being racist. She sucks. It will all take care of itself on its own.

Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6714855
01/03/20 01:24 AM
01/03/20 01:24 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
I see that happen alot with officers in general for some reason. Seems there is a big split between enlisted and officers and race doesn't help at all. Female soliders ( well the crappy ones ) seem to pull the race card more often for some reason,honestly I think it's just that they know you call one of the two R's ( racist and rape) in the army and the other person is of the opsite race or gender then their boned.

Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: beaverpeeler] #6714877
01/03/20 01:55 AM
01/03/20 01:55 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
To those saying you should not have apologized they apparently didn't read your opening post "You were made to apologize by your supervisor". If all you did was to correct her without using any name-calling or innuendo then I think your supervisor made an error in judgement.

As long as you do things the right way and by the book, and as long as you know you're not a racist then I think you just move on and keep your head high.

I mean, I guess. But I've never had a job that meant more to me than my integrity. But then I've never had any really great jobs, either.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6714962
01/03/20 08:03 AM
01/03/20 08:03 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
I had one like this last month. I asked the person I report to to have all dealings with this person go through her. Eventually this person will screw up agaun and there wont be anymore heads to go over.

Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6714982
01/03/20 08:33 AM
01/03/20 08:33 AM
Ohio
Ronaround Offline
trapper
Ronaround  Offline
trapper

Ohio
"For crying out load, I have friends who are black. God I wish I could retire and move so far from people and back into the woods deeper then I'm am now and not see another person for a very long time. "

theirs a time in everyone life when you Just had enough. and sometimes if possible to make a change ,maybe less money, or early retirement its Time.
Screw this new generation and there liberal policy's. they are going to implode soon enough and we will suffer for it along with them. Enjoy the small moments of enjoyment while you can. i like the get out of dodge limiting the human equation. Best of luck on this sticky spot. Dam* ed if you do and same if you dont.

Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6715118
01/03/20 10:42 AM
01/03/20 10:42 AM
SW WI
trapper20 Offline
trapper
trapper20  Offline
trapper

SW WI
Originally Posted by SGT. C
Well, last night the crap hit the fan. I have an all female team, how that happened is beyond me. I have a new officer who is black. I corrected her( apparently too hard) and was labeled a racist, intimidating and shouldn't have disciplined her for refusing two orders.
I was made by my supervisor to apologize. The new officer ( 6 months on duty) is slow a learner and I'm afraid will get myself or a team member hurt. From day one, I have let each new officer know. They all will be treated the same, no favorites, no drama. apparently that doesn't apply when you refuse orders. My other officers have come to my rescue, but apparently that doesn't mean anything with my supervisor.
She even said that I treat everyone the same. Very frustrating, now I'm in the hot seat until further notice. I don't believe she will last long. This job isn't for her. But until then, my 12 hour shifts are miserable.

For crying out load, I have friends who are black. God I wish I could retire and move so far from people and back into the woods deeper then I'm am now and not see another person for a very long time.

You can bet, everything will be documented from now on. Ole Sarge is ticked and hurt at the same time. Thanks for listening. Sarge

unfortunately the world we live in. If your white your racist in many eyes. I hope in your apology you didn't admit to any wrong doing. With someone that is a known problem and instigator in this line of work you have to document and I'd advise to record any conversations in the future, and keep all recordings even if they seem innocent. You never know when they will pull the race card again, but if you record every conversation you could easily go back and prove there were no racist comments or remarks. If it comes down to that and she is proven wrong I'd push the issue to get her removed! Good luck with that one

Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: Wolfdog91] #6715122
01/03/20 10:46 AM
01/03/20 10:46 AM
SW WI
trapper20 Offline
trapper
trapper20  Offline
trapper

SW WI
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
I see that happen alot with officers in general for some reason. Seems there is a big split between enlisted and officers and race doesn't help at all. Female soliders ( well the crappy ones ) seem to pull the race card more often for some reason,honestly I think it's just that they know you call one of the two R's ( racist and rape) in the army and the other person is of the opsite race or gender then their boned.

Been there, had a POS talking crap to me when I was in. I called him out on his BS and suddenly I was racist. The funny part was when he called me racist I was sitting with 3-4 black friends shooting the S#!t. They called him out and now the other black guys were also racist!!! It was just proof that most of the blacks that pull the race card don't understand what racism is, they believe if anyoen disagrees or argues with them they are racist

Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6715140
01/03/20 11:10 AM
01/03/20 11:10 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
It’s a tool and a weapon even the most wasted people when arrested hang on every word looking for a “out” in their minds like the golden ticket get out of jail card. LOL Now as buzzed up on whatever it is they are taking their mind is looking for any key word they can twist into a problem, think about that.

Can’t drive can’t walk but they can focus on that so how ingrained must that be. Now all the while the same person is telling you they are going to kill you family and dog.

On a smaller scale a lot of the same tactics are played on here every day that’s why you don’t play the games others try to play on you for to long they have plan.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6715155
01/03/20 11:18 AM
01/03/20 11:18 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Go have a heart to heart with your supervisor get the air cleared on this problem or It's going to be hanging over your head forever.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6715164
01/03/20 11:27 AM
01/03/20 11:27 AM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Unless your supervisor retires before you do you are in for 9 hellish years. If he can't see anything wrong with an officer refusing orders that you give ( assuming they're legal), what control will you have the next time someone decides they don't want too? You've found out who he will support and it isn't you. He'll hang you out to dry in a heartbeat. Made you make an apology shows he's more concerned about PC than what is right or wrong. Bet this happens again, the precedent has been set. Why work where your boss won't support you and you are miserable and in the hot seat ( your own words)? Money isn't everything, peace of mind is priceless, I'm sure you could find another dept. to work for if you really want to. Good luck.

Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6715180
01/03/20 11:39 AM
01/03/20 11:39 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Depends on the work politics in many jobs sometimes it’s all up hill no matter who’s right then decisions need to be made. I worked at a place where the boss fell for the “shooting stars” every time . New employee that’s going to rock the place talks progress for a few weeks then fades into the background.

He had a book 101 hiring mistakes I asked him if he ordered volume 2 yet one day.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6715190
01/03/20 11:54 AM
01/03/20 11:54 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
It's not going to be hanging over anyone's head. The supervisor did what was necessary to get past it and move forward. No company wants a lawsuit.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: ] #6715204
01/03/20 12:08 PM
01/03/20 12:08 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by J Staton
Originally Posted by KeithC
The unjustified cry of racism is a weapon used by minorities to bludgeon people into submission. It makes real racists out of non racists and stokes the fires of hate.

Keith

X2. The weaponizing of race when in comes to discipline is a big reason for the lack of respect for authority figures, often causing unnecessary deaths.

Race AND gender! They have you by the short/curly's coming and going. Good luck.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6715372
01/03/20 04:49 PM
01/03/20 04:49 PM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
Being right has nothing to do with it it’s all about liability and avoiding issues at all costs.

Often its upper management not wanting to get involved and actually take a review of the sitrep.

May Sarge you should get a little support from your other friends in mentioning to the underlings about your motives.

Just some casual mentions while running a 10-12 mile run in the morning. grin

Invite your superior to go.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6715485
01/03/20 07:08 PM
01/03/20 07:08 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Need i mention my supervsor is female and also hired her. I believe it will be tense for awhile. I grateful this came to light. I now know who are the players. The element of surprise is gone. Im considering a talk with the big boss if needed.
My record is clear. No tardies,never late,called in sick a handful of times in the last 6 years.i was also involved in shooting back in april when my supervior just got promoted. She has never said anything positive to me for a job well done. Even though i recieved the dept highest award.
I will make it. Both of them are not happy In thier capicities. I will staythe course and continue doing myy job as usual. Documentation is certain. I will keep going until my final ride. Thanks for the replies. Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Rant Time/ Called a racist [Re: SGT. C] #6715947
01/04/20 02:02 AM
01/04/20 02:02 AM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
Document EVERYTHING. Keep a daily log and keep it at home in a safe place. Do not keep a copy at work if you can avoid it. DO NOT tell anyone else about the log. Your best friends are too stupid to realize that by talking about it, they are hurting you. When I was in, there were some hi jinks going on and I kept a voice recorder in my pocket any time I dealt with my chain without anyone else present. I let my roommate find out and he was too stupid to keep his mouth shut. When the chain found out, they were really scared. They had no idea what I had and who knew about it. It does not always go that way though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread