No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Climate Change PROOF! Australia #6719032
01/07/20 12:49 AM
01/07/20 12:49 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Well, not so fast. All you hear is how the fires in Australia are proof of climate change. However, there's just one little tidbit of information that the MSM and the Hollyweird crowd is leaving out of it's "see we told you so" finger pointing. These climate change idiots are truly deranged. Who would have thought:

Nearly 200 People Arrested Across Australia For Deliberately Starting Bushfires

Authorities in Australia have arrested close to 200 people for deliberately starting the bushfires that have devastated the country, yet the media and celebrities continue to blame “climate change” for the disaster.
The fires have caused at least 18 deaths, destroyed thousands of homes, millions of hectares of land and killed hundreds of millions of animals.
A total of 183 people have been arrested by police in Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania for lighting bushfires over the last few months, figures obtained by news agency AAP show.
In New South Wales, 24 people were arrested for arson, risking prison sentences of up to 25 years.
In Queensland, police concluded that 103 of the fires had been deliberately lit, with 98 people, 67 of them juveniles, having been identified as the culprits.
“The link between arsonists and the deadly fires that devastate Australia every summer is well known and well documented, with the rate of deliberately lit fires escalating rapidly during the school holiday period,” reports Breitbart’s Simon Kent.
Around 85 per cent of bushfires are caused by humans either deliberately or accidentally starting them, according to Dr Paul Read, co-director of the National Centre for Research in Bushfire and Arson.
“About 85 per cent are related to human activity, 13 per cent confirmed arson and 37 per cent suspected arson,” he said. “The remainder are usually due to reckless fire lighting or even just children playing with fire.”
Read also highlighted the link between school holidays and kids starting fires, commenting, “School holidays are a prime time for fire bugs, but especially over summer.” The kids have got time to get out there and light, and the most dangerous adults choose hot days.”
“Police are now working on the premise arson is to blame for much of the devastation caused this bushfire season,” reports 7 News Sydney.
New environmental policies that restrict “prescribed burning,” where land owners burn off flammable ground cover in cooler months in a controlled manner so it doesn’t contribute to bushfires, have also exacerbated the problem.
The fact that the bushfires were deliberately started and have nothing to do with man-made climate change hasn’t prevented that being the dominant narrative.
Last week, Bernie Sanders blamed those who were “delaying action on climate change” for “the blood-red sky and unbreathable air in Australia because of raging forest fires.”
Virtue signaling celebrities have also pounced on the issue to push their dogma, including at the Golden Globes last night when Australian-born Cate Blanchett asserted, “When one country faces a climate disaster, we all face a climate disaster.”

Source: https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/01/...lia-for-deliberately-starting-bushfires/

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719038
01/07/20 12:54 AM
01/07/20 12:54 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Well it says all the fires in the past were started by arsonists also.The method of starting the fires is irrelevant it is the rate of spread and the difficulty putting them out that is different.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719043
01/07/20 12:59 AM
01/07/20 12:59 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I'm content to guard the Republic and let God take care of the panet. Too big a push to surrender sovereignty in order to appease fearmongers.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Boco] #6719044
01/07/20 01:00 AM
01/07/20 01:00 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Boco
Well it says all the fires in the past were started by arsonists also.The method of starting the fires is irrelevant it is the rate of spread and the difficulty putting them out that is different.

I see nothing at all about "the rate of spread" and the "difficulty putting them out" is any more difficult than normal except perhaps because of the sheer volume of people lighting them. You reading a different language or something? This is pretty cut and dry (no pun intended) No need to make stuff up, facts are right in front of you Boco.

Last edited by Finster; 01/07/20 01:01 AM.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719046
01/07/20 01:03 AM
01/07/20 01:03 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I watch the news goofy and that is what they said the problem is-least amount of rainfall in a decade hotter and dryer than ever.Thats the problem,not how they were lit.
Most fires everywhere are lit by people.
It is also confirmed in your article-85% of fires historically are lit by people it says.
The difference this year is the climatic conditions,the causes are the same.

Last edited by Boco; 01/07/20 01:07 AM.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Boco] #6719050
01/07/20 01:14 AM
01/07/20 01:14 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I watch the news goofy and that is what they said the problem is-least amount of rainfall in a decade hotter and dryer than ever.Thats the problem,not how they were lit.
Most fires everywhere are lit by people.
It is also confirmed in your article-85% of fires historically are lit by people it says.
The difference this year is the climatic conditions,the causes are the same.

Well, perhaps the decade hasn't seen as much rain but this hotter and "dryer than ever" is a farce. It was much dryer and albeit hotter in the earlier part of the 20th century. Here's a little proof for you http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/history/rainfall/ Also, it says 85% were set by people but it doesn't say how many fires were set in previous years. was it 1 fire last year or 1000? think that may figure into your equation? So there may be more "cause" this year than last. Still has nothing to do with climate change which is the point. Apparently, if you would like to save the climate, you should start by taking the Aussies Bic lighters. Oh ya, one more thing, turn off CNN and MSNBC will ya.

Last edited by Finster; 01/07/20 01:16 AM.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719053
01/07/20 01:19 AM
01/07/20 01:19 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You must be thick in the head.It has all to do with climate change-people always started fires,the reason they took off like infernos the last several years is that the climate is hotter and thus the bush is dryer than ever before.Same reason the barrier reef is dying off-warmer ocean temps.
You are a climate change denier,but I see the changes from living and working in the bush for the last 50+ years.
Go to the home page on your link and look up multi year rainfall deficiencies-it says the last 3 years has been the lowest ever recorded.

Last edited by Boco; 01/07/20 01:29 AM.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Boco] #6719058
01/07/20 01:30 AM
01/07/20 01:30 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
You must be thick in the head.It has all to do with climate change-people always started fires,the reason they took off like infernos the last several years is that the climate is hotter and thus the bush is dryer than ever before.Same reason the barrier reef is dying off-warmer ocean temps.

How is the climate hotter? https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-09/100-years-of-temperatures/5582146 Seem pretty steady over the last 100 years. So, your first reply you said," rate of spread and the difficulty putting them out that is different." So please explain, what is making them "spread faster" and why the "difficulty putting them out"? How is that different than past wild fires? Did mountains suddenly spring up or something? How is it "different"? is this some new kind of fire that is impervious to water?

Last edited by Finster; 01/07/20 01:35 AM.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719062
01/07/20 01:38 AM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline
trapper
P

Europe

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719063
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
If you know anything about fires the low FFMC is what fuels the fires.I have spent a lot of time fighting fire over the years Every time there was a forest fire we would be taken off the RR and sent to fight fires,Hot dry and wind(large fires create their own wind) is critical.Once a fire is fuelled sufficiently there is little chance of actually putting it out until a rainfall reduces the FFMC.
Even the trees down there burn like gasoline because of the high turp content.So once they are going good very difficult to put out if there is no rainfall or moisture content in the Fine Fuel(dead brush grass leaves etc).

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719068
01/07/20 01:48 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Here is all the proof you will need.

[Linked Image]

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Boco] #6719069
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
If you know anything about fires the low FFMC is what fuels the fires.I have spent a lot of time fighting fire over the years Every time there was a forest fire we would be taken off the RR and sent to fight fires,Hot dry and wind(large fires create their own wind) is critical.Once a fire is fuelled sufficiently there is little chance of actually putting it out until a rainfall reduces the FFMC.
Even the trees down there burn like gasoline because of the high turp content.So once they are going good very difficult to put out if there is no rainfall or moisture content in the Fine Fuel(dead brush grass leaves etc).

Ok.... I agree with everything you just stated but you never answered the question. You said they are spreading faster and are more difficult to put out. How so? Let me ask this so even you can understand the question. How is a fire this year spreading faster and is more difficult to put out than last years fire? It's always dry in Australia, Most of the continent is a fricken desert! Still has nothing to do with this "climate change" crap. they have fires down there all the time, just a lot of people starting them from the evidence I see.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719075
01/07/20 01:59 AM
01/07/20 01:59 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Well the simple answer is,the hotter and dryer it is the faster and more intense and hotter the fire is and more difficult to control,let alone extinguish.
I was at a bad fire once in 95 or 96 in a dry jackpine bush.Jackpine grows on the eskers and moraines here-high ground well drained sand.Very low FFMC and the jackpines are full of terpines and the ground is covered in dry needles.That fire took off and all we could do was get out of the way,a bulldozer and several other vehicles were burnt,I have never seen a fire that intense before or since.large jackpines were actually exploding.
There was nothing could be done until conditions improved-here that means cool nights or a rainfall.That fire jumped the Abitibi River at Otter rapids it is almost a quarter mile across above the dam where it jumped,they had to let it burn.That proved to me what hot and dry means when it comes to fighting fires(or not fighting fires).

Last edited by Boco; 01/07/20 02:00 AM.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719084
01/07/20 02:40 AM
01/07/20 02:40 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
In Australia, birds of prey in the raptor family, namely black kites, whistling kites and a species of falcon have all been witnessed carrying burning embers and dropping them to spread and create fires to drive their prey, making the prey easier to catch. Black kites are the most common bird of prey in Australia and there are huge numbers of the arsonist birds.

Keith

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719090
01/07/20 03:37 AM
01/07/20 03:37 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
i seriously doubt a bird is smart enough to use fire

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719091
01/07/20 03:52 AM
01/07/20 03:52 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Winters are a lot milder now than when I was a kid. Seem to get milder every year. Got some winter weather early this year but it has been warm ever since. I don't have the education or experience to suggest a cause. I can say that 50 years is not even an eye blink in the history of the planet. Even I can look at fossils and see that at some time it was a lot warmer. Can see where it was a lot colder too. The question is why are temperatures constantly in flux? Not a variation so big as to exterminate life but some pretty big swings none the less. IF we humans are warming things up I suspect it is population growth more than anything else. We all live in heated homes. That created heat could be part of the reason. How many billion acres of asphalt are in the world? Cities are always a couple degrees warmer than the surrounding countryside. As people die it is probably a good idea for young people to not replace them with babies. I don't see that happening so some day a population crash is very likely IMO.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719100
01/07/20 05:45 AM
01/07/20 05:45 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

We think it's hot now, I wonder what it was like in the years of active volcano activity. Green house gases + volcanic gases = I would have needed more shade trees shocked

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: danny clifton] #6719126
01/07/20 07:46 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
i seriously doubt a bird is smart enough to use fire

I believe it. Birds can figure things out. Case in point. The Millstone power plant in Ct. Has (I believe) the biggest Seagulls in the world. They look like chickens walking around. Well, they figured out that if they grab a hermit crab from the ocean, fly up high enough and drop it on the pavement, it will crack open and they can get at the crab. Not only have I seen that daily while working the plant, I've almost been hit with flying hermit crabs on numerous occasions.

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719128
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
Its just funny how some have forgotten
THE SOUTH AMERICAN RAIN FOREST IS BURNING FROM CLIMATE CHANGE
Some people will believe what ever the media tells them. Right Boco. Lol

Re: Climate Change PROOF! Australia [Re: Finster] #6719132
01/07/20 07:49 AM
01/07/20 07:49 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
dropping a crab is a far cry from using fire

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread