No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
auger to dig trap beds? #6722384
01/09/20 03:27 PM
01/09/20 03:27 PM
South Dakota
N
Nativetrapper10 Offline OP
trapper
Nativetrapper10  Offline OP
trapper
N

South Dakota
has anyone ever used an ice auger to dig trap beds? weve had insane amounts of moisture here this year and the ground is rock hard. the RA makes it hard on my hands to chip out those frozen beds so i tried it out in the yard with the ice auger. the results seem beyond promising, sucker cut out the bed in 5 seconds flat. i realize it will trash the blades, but if i can save myself that much time and pain ill pay for the new blades happily. just wondering if anyone else has tried this?

Re: auger to dig trap beds? [Re: Nativetrapper10] #6722426
01/09/20 04:13 PM
01/09/20 04:13 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Save my dirt hole auger for dirt holes. Predrill both the dirt hole anchor hole and bed with a 7/8”carbide masonry bit. One hole for each corner and middle of each jaw one or two for each leaver couple for the body of the trap and use my pint size pick to chip out the parts in between the holes. After you do a couple dozen it gets pretty quick

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: auger to dig trap beds? [Re: Nativetrapper10] #6722567
01/09/20 07:02 PM
01/09/20 07:02 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by Nativetrapper10
has anyone ever used an ice auger to dig trap beds? weve had insane amounts of moisture here this year and the ground is rock hard. the RA makes it hard on my hands to chip out those frozen beds so i tried it out in the yard with the ice auger. the results seem beyond promising, sucker cut out the bed in 5 seconds flat. i realize it will trash the blades, but if i can save myself that much time and pain ill pay for the new blades happily. just wondering if anyone else has tried this?

Just a better mouse trap. If it works go for it. Thanks for posting

** Only the Voters can make the difference **

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread