No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Sex on the table [Re: Getting There] #6729225
01/14/20 09:47 PM
01/14/20 09:47 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Hey no flaming you moron.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Sex on the table [Re: gryhkl] #6729226
01/14/20 09:48 PM
01/14/20 09:48 PM
RI / MN
C
Cameron Kelsey Offline
trapper
Cameron Kelsey  Offline
trapper
C

RI / MN
Originally Posted by gryhkl
Originally Posted by Boco
I'm sure some republicans would like to see Trump Impeached and some Democrat voters do not.It is ludicrous to think otherwise.
Where does this cookie cutter attitude come from,thinking that all people who vote one way or the other all have the same views on all things depending on how they vote?Thats nuts.Lots of people will vote for different parties throughout their life.

The politicians count on the low hanging fruit because they don't have to do anything to get the vote of a group thinker.
Trump knew that when he switched his position on abortion. And, though he has never been anti 2nd, most would condemn a democrat for saying, "I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.", and condemned republicans who "walked the line of the NRA".

It should surprise free-thinking, individualists, who love the freedom we find in the outdoors that so many of us believe we all must think the same on every issue.
It's anti-American to follow either party and pledge one's allegiance to it. And the funny part is that such folks don't see the irony when they call others "sheep"...gives a little insight into the depth of their think.

Spot on.

CWO4, SC, US Navy
Re: Sex on the table [Re: Boco] #6729228
01/14/20 09:51 PM
01/14/20 09:51 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook

That was a edifying exchange.

Re: Sex on the table [Re: Getting There] #6729229
01/14/20 09:53 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Edifying as well as satisfying.
Not to mention veracious

Last edited by Boco; 01/14/20 09:57 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Sex on the table [Re: Boco] #6729230
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

Aweeeeee, boo hoo.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Sex on the table [Re: Getting There] #6729234
01/14/20 10:01 PM
01/14/20 10:01 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Keep it Civil

Entertaining but Civil.....

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Sex on the table [Re: Getting There] #6729238
01/14/20 10:03 PM
01/14/20 10:03 PM
RI / MN
C
Cameron Kelsey Offline
trapper
Cameron Kelsey  Offline
trapper
C

RI / MN
Originally Posted by Getting There
Not really, but I got you to open the post. Five days a week I go down to the old water hole for coffee and solve the problem of the world. Now we cover every subject. We are a diverse group, ages from 45-80 years old and from all educational levels and life styles.
We talk a lot about the out doors a lot. I have come to the conclusion that it will take a miracle to stop the gun grabbers! Why?
Because the out door sportsmen/sportswoman are so fragmented in there thinking. I define an out door sportsmen as anyone that participates in any out door activity OUT SIDE of sports. Example trapper, rabbit hunter, sqr hunter, ducker hunter, bow hunter, fly fishing, bass fishing, kayaking, hiking, and so on. My example when I was practicing falconry I would hunt in the late fall, I came across a few bow hunters that would complain I was running the deer off. They felt I should have to wait until after deer season to hunt, ya right January 1, cold and tons of snow. So you know what I think of Bow hunter, stick it up where the sun doesn't shine. So did I care if the stopped deer baiting in Michigan, I do now, because if we so not support each other we are all doomed. I know Kayakers hate jet skis. The list goes on and on. If WE as a group don't change our way of thinking we are all doomed. Set aside your dis-likes of other sporting groups. Vote as one mind and get things turned around. JMO

I have said this for years. Go to any outdoor forum or social media platform and the splintered divide is plain to see. Trappers ragging on coon hunters, coyote hound runners ripping on trappers, deer hunters ripping on just about any other outdoor group, yet they are fractured on how one should harvest a whitetail. I could go on and on. AR groups love this and harvest this stuff right off the internet. Sadly our infighting is completely tearing us apart, yet many are too proud to admit it or possibly see the other side of things.

The other thing I often warn people about is the pet lobby. I see this is a huge danger for trappers. This mindset of humanizing pets is dangerous to our way of life. The AR groups realize this and are spewing to the general public about the danger they feel trappers, and in some cases hunters, pose to pets.

Last edited by Cameron Kelsey; 01/14/20 10:05 PM.

CWO4, SC, US Navy
Re: Sex on the table [Re: Getting There] #6729412
01/15/20 12:22 AM
01/15/20 12:22 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
you are very correct that so many sportsmen have a grievance with another type of sportsman

bird hunters with trappers , trappers with deer hunters , archery people they have a problem with virtually everyone the irony of it all is that some people do all of these things , you would think they had to hate themselves.

here is a concept to take to coffee hour and mess with some peoples paradigm.

so many people approach things from the direction of control

so my challenge

bring up the first amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

in this amendment the government is told what they are limited in doing , this limits the government and reserves the right of the people

the 3rd amendment
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law

in this amendment the government is told what they are limited in doing , this limits the government and protects the people's right to their home.

the 4th amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

in this amendment the government is told what they are limited in doing , this limits the government and protects the people's right to their personal possessions, writings, documents and papers and requires that reasonable evidence and the specifics of what is being looked for and where so that the government is limited in going on a witch hunt for anything they can use incriminating against you.

most likely every one sitting around your table with coffee is guilty of a crime if we were to look hard enough or back far enough.

the fifth amendment
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

in this amendment the government is told what they are limited in doing , this limits the government and protects the people's rights to a fair trial and protects them from self incrimination as well as property.

the 6th amendment
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

again protections for the accused to better understand why so many protections for the accused one must look back to British law and trial , if you were accused by say a British regular of committing a crime you were placed on a prison ship and if you didn't die on the way to your trial held in secret in Britain across the ocean and lets say you were found not guilty unlikely since virtually no evidence was sent with you certainly nothing that could clear you , you had no council and the council if you did have it had no access to the evidence across the ocean and could call no actuall witnesses to the supposed crime. but if you were found not guilty you were set free in england across the ocean from your family , freinds possessions , money so if you were really lucky you could catch a ride back to the Americas by signing on as an indentured servant for a period of years and no one was told of your location , health , guilt or inocence , you basically if accused were on a death sentence one way trip.

the seventh amendment
In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

more protections for the accused but in civil matters not criminal ones

the eighth amendment
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

wait another protection for the accused , are you getting the idea that these people were very very positive they wanted a change to the legal system they had where they had no protections at all from the government or accusations from a government agent.

the ninth amendment
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people

the people retain all rights specified and unspecified , the founders became concerned that future generations might argue that, because a certain right was not listed in the Bill of Rights, it did not exist.

the tenth amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

anything not specified as a power of the federal government was the right of the state and or people

so in all these they are protections for the people from essentially every form of abuse they could think that their previous government had used to abuse them.

now that we understand that.

the second amendment
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

now knowing that every one of the above amendments is a protection of the people and a restriction on the government. why would anyone think that the 2nd is anything else.

at the time the militia was the people at a county or town level we can see further evidence of this in the Virginal State constitution it makes it the duty of every county to assemble a militia of the people and that all men be prepared to act in the common defense.

it is an individual right guaranteed the people that prohibits the government from any infringement

this is not about hunting or sport shooting arms do not need to have a "sporting Purpose" those are Adolf Hitlers words.

the right guaranteed to the people and if you read the federalist papers it is even further spelled out.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 01/15/20 12:24 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Sex on the table [Re: Getting There] #6729561
01/15/20 08:02 AM
01/15/20 08:02 AM
SW WI
trapper20 Offline
trapper
trapper20  Offline
trapper

SW WI
The problem is everyone only thinks about themselves and their passion. If your on public land everyone needs to realize its there for everyones use. yes it might suck deer hunting if someone is trapping, or trapping while someone is hunting with dogs, but if you dont like it you can always go buy or lease full rights to your own property. It basically comes down to mutual respect towards other outdoorsman. they need to talk to each other and come up with some solution. people may think im nosey, but I always talk to anyone I see wwhile trapping on public land(obviosly not while they are actively hunting). I tell them what im doing and ask what they are doing and it has worked for me.
mos tof our public land is overrun by big city folk from the other side of the state, which im not a big fan of but it is what it is. Over the past 5 years I think ive gotten along with them well. during gun season i ony trap within a short distance from the rd and even during bow season I dont go walking around if i see a truck. most of these guys are use to me and even approach me calling me the trapper. they ask about trapping and I show them what ive caught and tell them about any deer or sign ive seen during and before the season. this year they told me about some nice beaver huts and coyote sign well off the beaten path and even told me to come out and wander even if they are there. I never did just because I dont want to risk someone getting pist later down the line. ok, im done talking

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread