No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: hippie] #6731152
01/16/20 01:16 PM
01/16/20 01:16 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by hippie
Right Pete.

I know it's illegal to sell a homemade gun, but we can build our own.

Technically incorrect. You can sell a homemade gun. However, you cannot build one for the sole purpose of selling it. For that you would need the appropriate FFL. For instance, if you build an AR from an 80% lower and a few years from now (just an example) you get tired of it and want to sell it, you legally can. You would have to put serial numbers on it but it is legal. Now if you build a bunch of them and sell them in a few years, you'll probably have a visit from the ATF and maybe even a vacation at club fed. As with most of the ATF regulations, it is convoluted and very broad as to the numbers of firearms we are talking about. In your instance, selling one is perfectly legal again, provided you didn't build it just to sell.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: Finster] #6731157
01/16/20 01:20 PM
01/16/20 01:20 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
My mistake.

Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: hippie] #6731174
01/16/20 01:35 PM
01/16/20 01:35 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by hippie
My mistake.

it is what we were conditioned to believe was the case

just like TV conditions people to believe that there is a handgun registry and that they can solve a crime in a day or that you can have DNA testing back in 24 hours the reality is the state crime lab is steadily 6 months behind.

as I understand it 1 and only one of the probably millions of spent cases collected by the state of Massachusetts that had to be registered with every handgun was ever used in a case , and it was only to confirm , they already had the gun and the shooter.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: Finster] #6731178
01/16/20 01:38 PM
01/16/20 01:38 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Couldn't a company put out the same thing and call it a 75% lower? Maybe not have the trigger guard area milled out, adding one extra simple step? Seems silly to me to come up with a random percentage between a chunk of metal and a fully machined receiver and designate that as the point between fully legal and felony.

Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: loosegoose] #6731180
01/16/20 01:39 PM
01/16/20 01:39 PM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Couldn't a company put out the same thing and call it a 75% lower? Maybe not have the trigger guard area milled out, adding one extra simple step? Seems silly to me to come up with a random percentage between a chunk of metal and a fully machined receiver and designate that as the point between fully legal and felony.

It's the gov't we are talking about. When has common sense mattered to them in the last 150 years?

Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: k snow] #6731181
01/16/20 01:40 PM
01/16/20 01:40 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by loosegoose

It's the gov't we are talking about. When has common sense mattered to them in the last 150 years?

Good point wink

Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: Finster] #6731196
01/16/20 02:03 PM
01/16/20 02:03 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
i have a friend who prefers the 70% lowers with the area for the rear take down pin not milled out he mills that area shallow then keeps coming back as he fits it to the upper he wants to use so that it is a spot on fit and no later wedge or screw is used to take the slop out between upper and lower

he is a former national 3 position competitor , he has a lathe and mill in his garage and he only accepts accuracy , he and another of his friends rebuild 10/22 rifles the most basic stock cheapest guns they can find , a few nights work and they are beautiful looking 1moa shooters shooting an honest 1 inch group at 100 yard with a 10/22 their material cost is like 20 dollars if they figure in sand paper , their tool cost is probably more but spread over a bunch of rifles

when they build ARs they want sub moa groups and accept nothing less

the 80s have the rear take down pin milled but not the trigger group area or the holes for the pins

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: Finster] #6731221
01/16/20 02:36 PM
01/16/20 02:36 PM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Under Federal Law you can build one (1) long gun per year. It must be serialized with a unique serial number inscribed on it and recorded. It does not have to be registered. This retard can have all the opinions he wants but unless the feds change the law or the constitution it is just his opinion. I love it when whimpy politicians take the bully pulpit to try such as this.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: turkn8rtrapper] #6731308
01/16/20 04:11 PM
01/16/20 04:11 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
Under Federal Law you can build one (1) long gun per year. It must be serialized with a unique serial number inscribed on it and recorded. It does not have to be registered. This retard can have all the opinions he wants but unless the feds change the law or the constitution it is just his opinion. I love it when whimpy politicians take the bully pulpit to try such as this.

I do not know about the "one long gun per year" I highly doubt that is a "law". However, I do know that the long gun does not have to have a serial number if you are not selling it, let alone recorded. Can you cite the specific section of federal law that makes you jump to these conclusions? Not trying to give you a hard time here. I'm just trying to limit disinformation which I believe your post is; albeit nonintentional.

Last edited by Finster; 01/16/20 04:12 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: Finster] #6731368
01/16/20 05:31 PM
01/16/20 05:31 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
I got one and built a "pistol" with a 5" barrel (has an arm brace instead of a sock so its not considered at short barrel rifle). Plus the arm brace folds so the gun could technically fit in a smaller back pack. So it's a 100% legal gun with no serial number, all purchased online, and fits in a backpack. Hahaha, the real reason I made it is to tick people off when I describe it. It's also a lot of fun to shoot.

If traps work like the Antis say......I would have no fingers.

Re: 80% Receivers = Firearms in PA [Re: Finster] #6731498
01/16/20 07:32 PM
01/16/20 07:32 PM
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

I was wrong. You can build as many ghost guns as you please and no markings are required they are recommended. There are rules that do apply. 80% lowers are totally legal. It can't be any firearm that requires a tax stamp unless you have applied for and received a stamp. It has to be totally done by the person that will own it. It has to have less that 10 foreign parts. It can't be sold without an FFL.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread