No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6732142
01/17/20 10:08 AM
01/17/20 10:08 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Yes ksnow there is. The gun control act of 68 requires registration at point of sale. Feds can go in and find out who bought any firearm the store ever sold. The background check allows the feds to compile a registration of gun owners though the feds deny that is what’s going on

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6732148
01/17/20 10:12 AM
01/17/20 10:12 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
I know there is a technical difference, but the background check list is a backdoor (albeit outdated and not 100% accurate) registration.

If a gun I bought new was used in a crime after I no longer owned it, I am pretty sure the law will be knocking on my door.

Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: James] #6732186
01/17/20 10:45 AM
01/17/20 10:45 AM
wise virgina
R
regulargrey Offline
trapper
regulargrey  Offline
trapper
R

wise virgina
Originally Posted by James
They want ARs registered so they can collect them later.

Jim

x2

Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6732280
01/17/20 12:05 PM
01/17/20 12:05 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by adam m
as of 1/1/20 in NM it is "illegal" to sell a gun to someone else without performing a background check through an FFL. Most of the counties are 2nd Sanctuary counties and will not abide by the new law. This week Albuquerque Police did a gun purchase sting to make sure people were going to perform a background check. They called the ads in the paper and online and gave numerous warnings to people.

Back to topic, I just on facebook that "cages" (construction area fencing) are being placed around the area for the rally. Not sure if it is true or not. Virginia's gov must be getting scared. Maybe he will resign on Monday

What if you give them the gun and they make a donation to your kid’s college fund?

Lol

Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6732374
01/17/20 12:57 PM
01/17/20 12:57 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
On the local NBC news broadcast they just talked about the steps the governor of Virginia was taking to protect people from the people at the gun rally and mentioned again that the FBI arrested 3 people with illegal automatic weapons on their way to the rally. No mention was made of the Second Amendment. They are portraying lawful protestors, who are defending our constitutional right to self defense as insane, dangerous criminals.

Keith

Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: KeithC] #6732393
01/17/20 01:11 PM
01/17/20 01:11 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by KeithC
They are portraying lawful protestors, who are defending our constitutional right to self defense as insane, dangerous criminals.

Keith

He knows exactly what he's doing and all the more reason to drag his...to drag him out of the capitol. There is no tomorrow, now is the time to fight.

Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6732399
01/17/20 01:20 PM
01/17/20 01:20 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Please take a few minutes and read this article. I think the guy nails it.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...EBW6epE7AKFDPTDBNw#.XiBLqxCKt8E.facebook

Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6732414
01/17/20 01:34 PM
01/17/20 01:34 PM
smithfield, virginia
F
flash Offline
trapper
flash  Offline
trapper
F

smithfield, virginia
Our news reports coming out of Richmond are very short lived and i live 40 miles from their back door. Do not believe everything you read.... We have became a nation of liars along with become our own worst enemy. Please say a prayer for all that are taking the stand on the 20th. May common sense prevail on both sides. I've been pondering on my feelings the last week or so, yes, a little uneasy you could say. But i will be there come monday morning. Scott

Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6732605
01/17/20 04:29 PM
01/17/20 04:29 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Great news? absolutely not!
It is worse than the the original Bill. It has the affect of placating the opinion of those who do not understand the consequences of 'gun registration'. Those who think that this new revelation is good news needs a history refresher lesson. Look up Nazi Germany prior to WWII. Ever wonder how Hitler was able to succeed for as long as he did? It started with gun registration, ultimately resulting in confiscation, leaving the populace defenseless to the ensuing horrors.
Governor "Coonman" doesn't care if we register our ARs or not. He hopes that we do not. This will result in all of us becoming instant felons. Once his goons do a warrantless search of your home and finds an "illegal, unregistered firearm", they will confiscate ALL of your firearms, because you are, after all, now a felon.
All is not lost yet.
The State Senate has only a 2 seat Democratic majority. A politician truly only cares about one thing. Re-election. Since none of them ran on a gun confiscation platform in 2019, they were able to squeak out their 2 seat majority. I can assure you that they will not succeed in the next election in 2021 if they vote for any Bill which even brushes up against the Supreme Court Heller Decision.
We need to remain diligent in expressing our refusal to allow infringement of 2A, if for no other reason than to inform the State Senators that they will be toast in 2021 in they vote for 2A infringement.

Re: Virginia Gun Confiscation - never mind [Re: 52Carl] #6732623
01/17/20 04:46 PM
01/17/20 04:46 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Great news? absolutely not!
It is worse than the the original Bill. It has the affect of placating the opinion of those who do not understand the consequences of 'gun registration'. Those who think that this new revelation is good news needs a history refresher lesson. Look up Nazi Germany prior to WWII. Ever wonder how Hitler was able to succeed for as long as he did? It started with gun registration, ultimately resulting in confiscation, leaving the populace defenseless to the ensuing horrors.
Governor "Coonman" doesn't care if we register our ARs or not. He hopes that we do not. This will result in all of us becoming instant felons. Once his goons do a warrantless search of your home and finds an "illegal, unregistered firearm", they will confiscate ALL of your firearms, because you are, after all, now a felon.
All is not lost yet.
The State Senate has only a 2 seat Democratic majority. A politician truly only cares about one thing. Re-election. Since none of them ran on a gun confiscation platform in 2019, they were able to squeak out their 2 seat majority. I can assure you that they will not succeed in the next election in 2021 if they vote for any Bill which even brushes up against the Supreme Court Heller Decision.
We need to remain diligent in expressing our refusal to allow infringement of 2A, if for no other reason than to inform the State Senators that they will be toast in 2021 in they vote for 2A infringement.

52 Carl:

Your 100% right. This is not a short term issue. It is going to go on and on. We all work every day or have other activities. Our elected reprehensive in Richman, this is there job, this is what they do for a living. As stated about there is only a 2 seat majority in the party that is doing all this BS. This is why it is so important to Vote. VA got into the dilemma because of people not voting. That is old new, the future is where you need to focus now. Get involved in the election process. Help others. I NEVER tell people how they should vote, just get them to vote.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread