No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: Finster] #6731357
01/16/20 05:16 PM
01/16/20 05:16 PM
alaska
3 Fingers Offline
trapper
3 Fingers  Offline
trapper

alaska
Couple years ago I found a wallet in the parking lot at Home Depot. Decided I would take it in to the store and leave it with them. Took one look at the employees and decided no way am I going to leave it there-guy will never see it again. Dug thru it until I found a phone number and called the guy and he was there in 10 minutes.

Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: 3 Fingers] #6731385
01/16/20 05:42 PM
01/16/20 05:42 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by 3 Fingers
Couple years ago I found a wallet in the parking lot at Home Depot. Decided I would take it in to the store and leave it with them. Took one look at the employees and decided no way am I going to leave it there-guy will never see it again. Dug thru it until I found a phone number and called the guy and he was there in 10 minutes.

Good choice

Nevada bound
Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: Finster] #6731393
01/16/20 05:47 PM
01/16/20 05:47 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
I never had any issues with HD or Lowe’s. I buy at both.

I bought a washing machine 10 years ago at HD, with the extended 3 year warranty. It started to leak water a month before warranty expired. Repair guys came out ( contracted by HD, not there employees ) and failed to fix the problem. I went to the store, talked to the manager....he told me to pick out a new one, and gave me a free 3 year warranty on it.

Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: Finster] #6731404
01/16/20 05:56 PM
01/16/20 05:56 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
Hey Finster-Finster-guess what day it is???

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DUMPDAY

Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: Finster] #6731509
01/16/20 07:40 PM
01/16/20 07:40 PM
chelsea,wi
keets Offline
trapper
keets  Offline
trapper

chelsea,wi
I'll take a local lumberyard anyday over any big box store, building materials are much higher quality, as are the tools

2021 goals....make time to trap
PROUD MEMBER WTA NTA FTA GOA SPORTSMANS ALLIANCE
Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: keets] #6731529
01/16/20 07:52 PM
01/16/20 07:52 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by keets
I'll take a local lumberyard anyday over any big box store, building materials are much higher quality, as are the tools

X2
Unfortunately , big box places put them out of business.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: keets] #6731533
01/16/20 07:58 PM
01/16/20 07:58 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by keets

Same here, just had a lumber package delivered (for free) from a local company that’s been around since 1939 and is growing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have commercial accounts at both Home Depot and Lowe’s but I rarely use them unless the customer insists. They sometimes charge exorbitant delivery fees and rare are the times that they don’t screw up an order. And, as said above, the quality just isn’t there.

Eh...wot?

Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: Finster] #6731591
01/16/20 08:49 PM
01/16/20 08:49 PM
west virginia
W
wvmntnhick Offline
trapper
wvmntnhick  Offline
trapper
W

west virginia
Of the two, I prefer Lowe’s. Think it’s a color thing but not certain. Actually, I can find more of what I need at Lowe’s. But, I do get my tools at HD. Milwaukee is all I buy these days. Won’t go back to anything else anymore.

I keep desperately hoping that one day someone will call me "Sir" without adding "please calm down" or "you're causing a scene."
Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: Finster] #6732170
01/17/20 10:23 AM
01/17/20 10:23 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Seems like a guy can have bad experience at any them places now days. We have HD here but it's farther than Menards so I usually do Menards. Have an Ace Hardware within walking distance. Nice when just need to grab a couple things or some odd thing. But hard to beat Menards if ya want to load a cart or have more price range choices..Been hearing their is a Cost Co coming to the area. Them I know nothing about.
Do remember back when Menards guys would try throw 2X4s on truck so crooked could screw them into the load..I'd throw them back off they said no, no, no sorting. So I threw whole load off got my money back..But that was way back and I've actually had guys help me pick straight stuff now?? all seems to comes down to individual clerk that helps ya now days. Does seem here that Ace Hardware has best most knowledgeable help.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: Finster] #6732642
01/17/20 05:00 PM
01/17/20 05:00 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
When I go to any of those kind of stores and I have to open a box to see what's in it before I buy it, I always put that box back on the shelf and take one which is unopened because who wants to buy something that some jackhole has rifled through?

Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: Macthediver] #6732648
01/17/20 05:05 PM
01/17/20 05:05 PM
iowa
bankrunner Offline
trapper
bankrunner  Offline
trapper

iowa
Originally Posted by Macthediver
Seems like a guy can have bad experience at any them places now days. We have HD here but it's farther than Menards so I usually do Menards. Have an Ace Hardware within walking distance. Nice when just need to grab a couple things or some odd thing. But hard to beat Menards if ya want to load a cart or have more price range choices..Been hearing their is a Cost Co coming to the area. Them I know nothing about.
Do remember back when Menards guys would try throw 2X4s on truck so crooked could screw them into the load..I'd throw them back off they said no, no, no sorting. So I threw whole load off got my money back..But that was way back and I've actually had guys help me pick straight stuff now?? all seems to comes down to individual clerk that helps ya now days. Does seem here that Ace Hardware has best most knowledgeable help.

Mac

I usually tell them no thanks to help picking out lumber and loading. If I'm paying, I will choose what I want.

Re: Home Depot SUCKS! [Re: yotetrapper30] #6733398
01/17/20 11:05 PM
01/17/20 11:05 PM
Alaska
D
deadeye59 Offline
trapper
deadeye59  Offline
trapper
D

Alaska
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Boco
Just damage stuff when no one is looking then demand the discount.

Oh, they do. I work at Lowes and we sell busted bags of soil, mulch, etc 50% off. You'd be shocked how many times I've caught people ripping open bags. Just today, actually.

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Got a $700 propane fireplace sitting in my living room which is one year old.Stopped working.Got the repairman over as you can't bring it back to Lowes.$140 later it needs a new part that can't be ordered from Lowes but from the manufacturer. Called and ordered exactly what repairman wanted.Got it in the mail and $140 more dollars later it's the wrong part they sent.Im not putting anymore money into it and will buy a new one come summer.Got a full 100 pound propane tank I can't even use.On top of that having alot of problems with a maytag clothes washer bought at home depot.Again cant bring it back but did get a maytag repairman fix it for now.Darn thing has a brain in it just like vehicles now in days.

We take back things up to 90 days without a receipt, 1 year with a receipt, or up to I believe 3 years if you buy the extended warranty deal. Not many places will let your return something over a year old. But, we are a big box store. We deal in sales strictly, NOT repair. If you want something you can buy and then take back to the same place to be repaired, you'd need to buy direct from a dealer.

Apparently all of the Lowes did not get the same memo on returns. I inadvertantly bought the wrong thickness of trim but I live 200 miles from Lowes so it was 5 months before I could get back to return it with the reciept. Nope has to be returned within 90 days. So now I have a load of trim that I can't use because it was not returned within 90 days.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread