No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: James] #6733570
01/18/20 02:01 AM
01/18/20 02:01 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
"You can keep your doctor." Remember that one?
You need health insurance or I'll fine you. How bout that one? But illegal immigrants will get some form of free care and benefits. Sorry Americans, but thanks for contributing with your tax dollars.

Yeah, like Trump's health care plan is so much better...

Whoops. What health care plan?

Jim

Maybe a non-plan.... aka letting the free market work things out.... works better than a government plan? When Obama was in office I was working fast food, 40 hours a week, no insurance. When Obamacare went into affect, I was still working at the same fast food place, but now only got 28 hours a week... and still no insurance. Thousands of companies were forced to slash full time employees hours and hire more part time employees as that was cheaper than paying insurance for Obamacare. I checked into the Obamacare policies for po' folk, and found it would take over 50% of my check to get the lowest rent plan. So, still no insurance, since I'd already lost 25% of my income just from it becoming law. Then, as an added kick in the guts.... our income tax return, which we used for my medical expenses, was cut by 1/3 to pay a fine because I couldn't pay insurance.

In 2015 we moved to MS. Obama was still President. There were no jobs. I took another fast food gig as a manager making $9/hr. Still no insurance. Still being fined 1/3 of our tax refund for not having it. Then Trump got elected and within months there were job postings all over. I applied for something that was close to a dream job for me... working in a greenhouse with plants. It was for a vendor, but working at Lowe's. Even though it was less hours I took it. Worked there for several months, then the job ended as it was seasonal. Went on vacation to NY and the Lowe's store manager tracked me down there begging me to come work for them in a full time job that paid twice again what I was making. Still doing my dream job. The economy was doing so well they couldn't find workers. We still can't.

Of course I took the job, and now I work 40 hours a week. I have full health insurance which costs 6% of my income. I have a 401k that they match 6% of. I have a stock investment option which I utilize. I have 10 days sick time, 14 days vacation and 7 days holiday.... all paid.

And we hire 18 year olds with those same benefits and they quit within a month!

Maybe as a lawyer, you just don't understand. But as a blue collar worker not skilled in a trade.... I'm doing 1000% better under Trump than I ever have in my life.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: James] #6733588
01/18/20 03:29 AM
01/18/20 03:29 AM
Wasilla Alaska
Brian K. Offline
trapper
Brian K.  Offline
trapper

Wasilla Alaska
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
"You can keep your doctor." Remember that one?
You need health insurance or I'll fine you. How bout that one? But illegal immigrants will get some form of free care and benefits. Sorry Americans, but thanks for contributing with your tax dollars.

Yeah, like Trump's health care plan is so much better...

Whoops. What health care plan?

Jim

Government shouldn't be involved in health care, best handled with private companies.

33 years in AK
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: gryhkl] #6733621
01/18/20 07:03 AM
01/18/20 07:03 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by gryhkl
I think any politician would become anti-gun if he thought not doing so would cost him an election.
And I have tired of abortion promises. They are made every election and things never change-except for the person promising to end them when he takes office.

The dems "promise" you they support state funded abortion!!!!!!!!!! If you are anti-gun, you are then anti-constitution, plain and simple. If a politician takes an anti-gun stance, he or she does not have the best interest of the constitution in mind and should not be allowed to serve, regardless of party.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733625
01/18/20 07:11 AM
01/18/20 07:11 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Yotetrapper 30, it could be you were just in a bad part of the country for seeking employment. Lucky for you that you could get a vacation to a place where things were better.

When you had the fast food job why were you not getting health insurance? Who would have been stuck with your bill if you needed healthcare? Was the fine you paid more than a plan would have cost you to have one under the ACA?

Things had been getting better for people who wanted to work for a long time before trump took office, as explained in Forbes;

Over 31 months Obama added 1.5 million more jobs than Trump

Trump entered office on January 20, 2017 so starting with February 2017 he has been President for 31 months. Total job growth during that time has been 5.345 million or 172,000 per month with those results being helped by the tax cut.

Working back from January 2017, Obama’s last month in office, there had been 6.838 million jobs added or 221,000 per month. The difference for the 31 months is 1.493 million or 48,000 more per month than Trump.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733638
01/18/20 07:32 AM
01/18/20 07:32 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
i am reminded of the phrase--NOBAMA.

mornin gryhkl,ready for snow?

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733652
01/18/20 07:48 AM
01/18/20 07:48 AM
N.W. Pennsylvania
JTaddeo Offline
trapper
JTaddeo  Offline
trapper

N.W. Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Why do I feel like this post is gonna be a example if what I'm talking about lol

Because...... you've nailed a prime example of what you're talking about and unless we can figure out how to move past these deeply seated divides we're done.

It's also why it says at the top of the forum NO POLITICS among other things.

It's not going to matter who gets the blame, the victors ALWAYS write what "really" happened and zealots will kill over it. The "Truth" haha......yeah OK....

My own knowledge from EXPERIENCE.....DO NOT TRUST any government, anywhere, EVER. If this weren't in an open public forum I would fill you in on how I've come to know this.

I'm sitting back basically at the point of simply being an American. Not white, not black, (I know there are way more than that) not Christian, not Muslim, (I know that there are way more than that) not Man, not woman, (no comment) or ANY of the other things that are being used to divide us.

Sadly we are already so divided that I don't think a healing is coming, at least not until some terrible things come down. I also believe that this has been/is being done deliberately.

Sun Tsu's "Art of War" should be read and reflected upon deeply.......I can assure you all that I will never vote Red or Blue ever again. I refuse to cast votes for the best SCAT they can offer.

Their inability to actually lead by example, let alone the fact that NONE of them could actually balance a checking account, never mind a credit card, is ALL I need to know. The only thing they're doing is lining their own coffers.

I'm a veteran and some of my buddies didn't come back to see where the grand experiment is headed. A LOT of people gave their lives for this (which is nothing new and part of my own understanding), but that's another kettle of fish entirely.

By the way "THEY" do not exist, "Government" does not exist, it IS US......and if we are bitterly divided then what do WE have?????

As the Chinese and many others watch and play. All forms of media and communication are being used for way less than honorable things. Please, everyone, think critically and with a health dose of skepticism.

I developed a deep seated mistrust from experiences and a few years behind me.

Hopefully things remain relatively peaceful here, the alternative is horrible for children and mink trapping............sigh.....

Keep your boots dry and your powder too.

I remember when a fur check was reality.....now I'm just trapping for the love of it.

Best Regards,

JT
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: pcr2] #6733658
01/18/20 08:02 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by pcr2
i am reminded of the phrase--NOBAMA.

mornin gryhkl,ready for snow?

Good morning.
I suppose I'm ready for whatever the weather brings. I don't have to go anywhere. I don't think I have started my truck since I went to the dentist Tuesday morning. I usually start my wife's car around 6:30 am, but she doesn't work Saturdays so she's sleeping late. I'll have another cup of joe and head down to the garage to do a little tinkering. Everyday's a holiday when you're retired.
Have a good one.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733659
Pennsylvania
T
Tim64 Offline
trapper
Tim64  Offline
trapper
T

Pennsylvania
I believe that everyone is conflating people or politicians with political philosophies. Forget Trump and whomever his opponent might be, but think of their party’s stance on issues.
Do you want bigger government or smaller?
Do you want higher or lower taxes?
Do you want more personal freedom (choices) or do you want government interference?
Do you want secure borders or open immigrations without vetting?
Do you want wealth shared or do you want the opportunity to exceed without penalty?
Do you want an autonomous America or a global governance?
If you answer these questions for yourself, I believe you can make a rational choice at the polls regardless of political personalities.

Last edited by Tim64; 01/18/20 08:03 AM.
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733696
01/18/20 08:54 AM
01/18/20 08:54 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by brianmall
Sir

This country was to a point of division that could result in war before Trump! I'd suggest figuring out what it is exactly that you stand for before assuming your the one that is right simply because you don't have a side nor understand all the facts.

Out side all the likes. You seem to be a good kid!?

To answer your question:. No it doesn't irritate me to see someone passionate about what they believe and stand for! In fact, I respect my enemy more than I do someone who has no side and can't be counted on in any reguard.

Ok so I'm sorry but when exactly did I say I was in the right or my side was right? Again I'm irritated equally by people in both side who try to beat you over the head with what they say is right but they really have no clue . They couldn't tell you really anything to back up what they say. All they do is regurgitate somthing they hear from their buddies uncle who watches the news constant and is incredibly biased just because instead if looking at actual facts and trying to understand for them selves what is good and bad. That's what irritate me.

I haven't heard you seen you say anything worth reading yet. Only rant about other people having the conviction and backbone to stand for what they believe.

From this angle you look like a whiny little trouble maker.

In the way or part of the problem people like you are!

Last edited by brianmall; 01/18/20 08:54 AM.
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733705
01/18/20 09:03 AM
01/18/20 09:03 AM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Your opening statement said it all!

You know better than anyone else exercising their right to have an opinion and speak.

People like you irritate me!
People who have passion about something inspire!
My enemy has my respect!

"Ok does it irritate anyone else when people get so worked up in politics be it for one candidate or another to the point they're almost foaming at the mouth but have no real idea or solid facts about what there talking about ?"

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: gryhkl] #6733714
01/18/20 09:18 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Yotetrapper 30, it could be you were just in a bad part of the country for seeking employment. Lucky for you that you could get a vacation to a place where things were better.

When you had the fast food job why were you not getting health insurance? Who would have been stuck with your bill if you needed healthcare? Was the fine you paid more than a plan would have cost you to have one under the ACA?

Things had been getting better for people who wanted to work for a long time before trump took office, as explained in Forbes;

Trump entered office on January 20, 2017 so starting with February 2017 he has been President for 31 months. Total job growth during that time has been 5.345 million or 172,000 per month with those results being helped by the tax cut.

Working back from January 2017, Obama’s last month in office, there had been 6.838 million jobs added or 221,000 per month. The difference for the 31 months is 1.493 million or 48,000 more per month than Trump.

Government doesn't create businesses to create jobs. People do. crazy

No Jab.
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733715
kentucky
L
logger coffey Offline
trapper
logger coffey  Offline
trapper
L

kentucky
Yes i voted for him will again, but have no good answer to your question . six pages and dont look like anyone else dos ether.

Last edited by logger coffey; 01/18/20 09:19 AM.
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733728
01/18/20 09:35 AM
01/18/20 09:35 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I doubt trump will send iran pallets of money if re-elected I also think just like reagan did he has no problem throwing gun owners under the bus. Maybe not under a steer tire like the d’s but under the bus just the same.

I too get tired of cheerleaders. Trump like every successful politician before him will say whatever he thinks his audience wants to hear

Economy is booming. I like that. I also want to know why we dont have the national carry we were promised and suppressers off the classIII list.

IMO he is weak on gun rights. Not as weak as the d’s but still weak

So yes I get real tired of hearing how wonderful he is.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733730
01/18/20 09:36 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
right back to pickles.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: logger coffey] #6733731
N.W. Pennsylvania
JTaddeo Offline
trapper
JTaddeo  Offline
trapper

N.W. Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by logger coffey
Yes i voted for him will again, but have no good answer to your question . six pages and dont look like anyone else dos ether.

Exactly! Thank you! I certainly don't have an answer to it but I'm keeping my powder dry, so to speak.

We have our problems here in the US, but I've been elsewhere in the world and I really do believe we have the best mess going on right here...

I didn't vote for him and I won't again but if he's put into office I'll call him Mr. President.....

Regardless of who or what gets there anyone stepping on the constitution needs spanked, hard! (not making any accusations just simply a statement)

I remember a time we all got hot under the collar until November came.....and then we were all Americans again.

If anyone thinks that other nations are not watching and participating in this then I have a pot of coffee on that might help a bit....or maybe we need a shot of Scotch.

I remember when a fur check was reality.....now I'm just trapping for the love of it.

Best Regards,

JT
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: pcr2] #6733732
01/18/20 09:38 AM
01/18/20 09:38 AM
N.W. Pennsylvania
JTaddeo Offline
trapper
JTaddeo  Offline
trapper

N.W. Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by pcr2
right back to pickles.

Beer is good too....pickles are OK I guess. wink

Best Regards,

JT
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: JTaddeo] #6733734
01/18/20 09:39 AM
01/18/20 09:39 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by JTaddeo
Originally Posted by logger coffey

Exactly! Thank you! I certainly don't have an answer to it but I'm keeping my powder dry, so to speak.

We have our problems here in the US, but I've been elsewhere in the world and I really do believe we have the best mess going on right here...

I didn't vote for him and I won't again but if he's put into office I'll call him Mr. President.....

Regardless of who or what gets there anyone stepping on the constitution needs spanked, hard! (not making any accusations just simply a statement)

I remember a time we all got hot under the collar until November came.....and then we were all Americans again.

If anyone thinks that other nations are not watching and participating in this then I have a pot of coffee on that might help a bit....or maybe we need a shot of Scotch.

Hmmmmmmmm

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733743
01/18/20 09:44 AM
01/18/20 09:44 AM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
Didn't read anything but first couple posts. The real problem is people voting based on complete lack of understanding or knowledge. Basing their opinion/vote on propaganda instead of facts understanding and intelligence.

Huge numbers quite probably the majority of votes cast in this country, are cast according to historical family or personal voting patterns. Neighbor here would vote for a bale of hay for president if you told him the bale was a democrat. Now is that party loyalty, or incompetence?

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733784
01/18/20 10:14 AM
01/18/20 10:14 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Wolfdog, lots of folks love to hate. You can see it in some of the posts in this thread.
Some would rather choose a side, close their eyes, and hope for the best. Their pride will never let them admit that somebody they showed support for makes mistakes or behaves foolishly. It's the same mentality that will not allow them to give credit when it's due to anyone who they feel is not part of their group. It's and intellectually lazy way to live, but it comforting to some.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: gryhkl] #6733807
01/18/20 10:26 AM
01/18/20 10:26 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Actually, I moved to the state with the worst economy in the country at the time (probably still) so I don't think that's it. And when I moved here in 2015 there were no jobs. After Trump was in office a year or so that started to change and now companies are begging for workers. I actually said all this in the first post, but I guess you weren't paying attention, or only reading what you wanted to hear.

When I had the fast food job, I was getting insurance UNTIL Obamacare passed. I was a full time worker, and so qualified for insurance. When Obamacare passed, the company told management that besides the 3 salaried employees, they could only have 3 other employees working full time hours. I, and 6-8 other workers didn't make the cut... only managers were kept full time, and even 2 of them were dropped to part time! They cut everyone's hours to less than 30 so they did not have to provide health insurance.

I would have been stuck with my bill if I needed healthcare!

No, the fine I paid was much less than the cost of healthcare. Health coverage under the ACA for me would have been $4400 a year. The fine was $600.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread