No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733830
01/18/20 10:40 AM
01/18/20 10:40 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
4,400 a year is really cheap health insurance. Two of my brothers pay over 1,000/month for theirs.

When I was still working, my employer paid over 14,000/year plus my employee contributions for mine.
Is there information available that shows an unbiased breakdown of just how much is being spent per person for health insurance in this country? Add together how much every employer pays, employee's pay, and the cost to everyone who buys their own. How much of the total goes to insurance companies and the cost of paying those who are in charge of billing for care?

Much of the money being spent goes for things that benefit nobody except the insurance companies.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: gryhkl] #6733854
01/18/20 11:00 AM
01/18/20 11:00 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by gryhkl
4,400 a year is really cheap health insurance. Two of my brothers pay over 1,000/month for theirs.

When I was still working, my employer paid over 14,000/year plus my employee contributions for mine.
Is there information available that shows an unbiased breakdown of just how much is being spent per person for health insurance in this country? Add together how much every employer pays, employee's pay, and the cost to everyone who buys their own. How much of the total goes to insurance companies and the cost of paying those who are in charge of billing for care?

Much of the money being spent goes for things that benefit nobody except the insurance companies.

$4400 a year is cheap for health insurance when you're only making $1000 a month? Okay.

My health insurance now is $1,560 a year and that's for the better plan!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733860
01/18/20 11:07 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Ok does it irritate anyone else when people get so worked up in politics be it for one candidate or another to the point they're almost foaming at the mouth but have no real idea or solid facts about what there talking about ?

Is it any secret liberals want to take my guns? No solid facts to be found? That is all you need to know, for now.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733862
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Maybe someone who follows insurance company stocks could tell us how well they have been doing since obam care. And I wonder what the medicaid bill has been since then. Part of what I don't fully understand is how if the insurance company's are keeping the cash (I don't know they are?) Then how is that helping pay for any of the medicaid. Everything is cloudy , maybe I'm not thinking clearly.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733872
01/18/20 11:15 AM
01/18/20 11:15 AM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Yes, mainly like most topics they're only interested in listening to their voice
Don't know about your neck of the woods but here there is construction going on wherever you look and the quarry I retired from crushed limestone 3 shifts 7 days a week for around 10 million ton shipped mostly high chemical kiln stone for steel mills numbers that haven't been seen since the 90's

olden tyred
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: jeff karsten] #6733898
01/18/20 11:36 AM
01/18/20 11:36 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Yes, mainly like most topics they're only interested in listening to their voice
Don't know about your neck of the woods but here there is construction going on wherever you look and the quarry I retired from crushed limestone 3 shifts 7 days a week for around 10 million ton shipped mostly high chemical kiln stone for steel mills numbers that haven't been seen since the 90's

The proof is in the pudding! Service jobs is great, but if there is going to be any real growth it has to come from some resource like rain and sunshine or from the earth. If something doesn't produce from a resource then its just money trading hands and no real growth. We have great resource with steel, lumber, oil, etc. If Al Gore needs jet fuel, let him buy it here!

Last edited by Foxpaw; 01/18/20 11:37 AM.
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: gryhkl] #6733907
01/18/20 11:47 AM
01/18/20 11:47 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI

You can flip it any way you want. Fact is, the dem party is more crooked than the right. History shows that. Bummer was just a puppet and was to bring the country down. Our leader now is trying to fix this place for us. If the lady got in, she would have finished what the the other guy started and we'd all be in a much worse situation.

No Jab.
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733922
01/18/20 12:00 PM
01/18/20 12:00 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
The CBO and GAO both say bum care adds trillions to our deficit but that only matters if Trump does it.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733961
01/18/20 12:22 PM
01/18/20 12:22 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Hippie, did you really hear nobody complain about the deficit when Obama was running it up, or even bush?

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733968
01/18/20 12:26 PM
01/18/20 12:26 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Nope, but you sure do now that Trump s there, lol.

(That went over yer head, didn't it?)

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733970
01/18/20 12:27 PM
01/18/20 12:27 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Most of you guys have no idea, I bet, just how many people are on Medicaid. Millions. Horrible drain on our govt! Then you have all the non profits that serve many of the folks on Medicaid. Medicaid expansion was the worst thing that ever happened to the working people of this country!
mt

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6733976
01/18/20 12:29 PM
01/18/20 12:29 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
I really don't know how you are not going to be divided when one group wants the government to do everything for them and the other group( who prefers to take care of themselves) are forced to take care of the other group and take care of themselves.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6733999
01/18/20 12:46 PM
01/18/20 12:46 PM
MINN
H
HILLTOP TRAPPER Offline
trapper
HILLTOP TRAPPER  Offline
trapper
H

MINN
Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty

You can flip it any way you want. Fact is, the dem party is more crooked than the right. History shows that. Bummer was just a puppet and was to bring the country down. Our leader now is trying to fix this place for us. If the lady got in, she would have finished what the the other guy started and we'd all be in a much worse situation.

i think hillary is hot cry

U GOTTA DO WHAT U GOTTA DO CAUSE IT IS WHAT IT IS....AINT NOTHIN WRONG WITH QUIET
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6734010
01/18/20 12:55 PM
01/18/20 12:55 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
To answer your question. I don't get irritated that people go nuts if you point out a fact they don't like, I feel sad for them.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: hippie] #6734019
01/18/20 01:00 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted by hippie
Nope, but you sure do now that Trump s there, lol.

(That went over yer head, didn't it?)

It seems that as well as the market is doing so well, most have ignored the deficit. If you didn't hear about how bad it was getting when Obama served, you weren't paying attention.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: brianmall] #6734020
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by brianmall
Your opening statement said it all!

You know better than anyone else exercising their right to have an opinion and speak.

People like you irritate me!
People who have passion about something inspire!
My enemy has my respect!

"Ok does it irritate anyone else when people get so worked up in politics be it for one candidate or another to the point they're almost foaming at the mouth but have no real idea or solid facts about what there talking about ?"

Hmmmm yeah no ,yet again I didn't say I knew better than anyone. I figured the last line if my quote you got there would illustrate that pretty well. But let me tell a story to better illustrate.

Two people in my using I deployed with where basically the kinda folks I'm talking about. Not gonna use there real names but where just gonna call them joe and sally. Joe was a blatant Trump supporter. Was really passionate about Trump to the point it would come up in about every conversation . Was always " yeah my President is the best thing on the planet and those dang libtards can't stand him . Dang commies" if you ever said anything along the lines of "I don't think Trump did such and such so well or I don't think he's going about this right ", nothing confrontational really, if he was with in ear shot he would but up between you and who ever red in the face threatening to fight. Exclaiming the whole time how great Trump was and how the liberals where ruining the country. Could never just have a general conversation with the guy. Well one day where in the motor pool on a slow day just shooting the breeze well somone mentioned they didn't like somthing Trump did as they scrolled through their phones,guess it was a news clip or somthing, anyhow Joe just barges on over and flat off the handles how we should be happy that Trump is doing anything and how he was draining the swamp ! Well our platoon Sgt who was getting tired of this simply asked him to explain a few things he's done and who are some of these evil commies he keeps talking about that we need to get rid of. Joe said well he made plenty of jobs and signed in alot of bills that where good for the country but he couldn't name one or even tell you a description of what they did. He said Hillary was evil but other than bengazi he couldn't name anything elese she had done. After about 20min of this our platoon Sgt simply said it would be a good idea to educate himself on what exactly somone he carries with such high zeal actually does. He being a history major said Hitler was a horrible person but he did do alot of good for Germany. And he just kinda left it there.

Now Sally was on the opposite end but just as passionate ,just passionate about hating Trump. Would be eating lunch with her and she would start talking about how Trump was the death to America and how we would have no money because he was so greedy or how he's a total racist a nazi and hates brown people. Again like Joe would roll right up in somones conversation red in the face ,expounding his evils. Well one day I finally ask for proof. If he was so bad surely you she could give references or describe some of his latest evil political actions or quotes or mabye a picture of him at a clan meeting. But no she really couldnt the most she could was some stuff that was highly liberaly biased to the point it wasnt funny and might as well have been satire.

Well one day these two where in the dame general area and one over heard the ither and all heck broke out. They argued and ranted and raved for a solid 45min. But be their of them really knew anything it just became this huge screaming match where basically nazi and libtard where being shouted every 10min. I can't tell you how many times I thought they where gonna throw hands .

Basically ended with one calling the other a inbread racist and the other calling them a tree loving commie.

They EQUALY had no real clue as to what they where getting so worked up about. Again foaming at the mouth trying to make you think the way they do but again barely know anything about the person or subject.

Now if it makes me a whiny trouble maker to get irritated when people who a fairly ignorant of what ever it is there trying to beat you over there head with get all hyped up then so be it. But I highly doubt people like me are the problem. And I must say I find it kinda funny anytime somone mentions the orange guy in this place in somthing that's not a 100% positive light every one comes running screaming "make America great again and Trump 2020 ( figuratively speaking of course ). Anyhow I I still have not explained what I ment by my original post to the point all can understand my point in the most basic sense well I don't know what elese I can do.

Regardless do and live how you wish as long as your not abusing animals touching little kids and leaving me alone .

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6734036
01/18/20 01:11 PM
01/18/20 01:11 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Sir , you make more sense than a lot of older guys on here.

Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6734042
01/18/20 01:13 PM
01/18/20 01:13 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
I'm going to try and illustrate what I think you are saying wolfdog. Gryhkl the stock market did very well under Obama. What specific things did Obama do to cause this?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6734046
01/18/20 01:14 PM
01/18/20 01:14 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
The biggest benefit of Obamacare is the requirements for covering pre-existing conditions and unlimited policy limits. Trump did away with these requirements, allowing sub-standard policies that contain these exclusions. If you have heart disease, cancer, or some similar condition, these exclusions may trap you in a job you want to move on from and/or force you into bankruptcy.

Of course, sub-standard policies are cheaper. You might argue the government has no business dictating healthcare terms, which should be left to the free market. But the free market steamrolls people, and unpaid medical bills become a charge on the rest of us, through higher taxes and medical costs.

The idea that uninsured people are a burden on society, and that people should be forced to buy insurance, was a Republican cause when Newt Gingrich and company were in office. They objected to freeloaders. I wonder how many here would be protesting if the Republican plan had been adopted then.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Anyone else irritated when [Re: Wolfdog91] #6734052
01/18/20 01:19 PM
01/18/20 01:19 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Yote, does your health care policy exclude pre-existing conditions and contain a lifetime limit?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread