No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Professors self written obituary - Wow [Re: James] #6735916
01/19/20 02:37 PM
01/19/20 02:37 PM
Virginia - SW
V
Vatrapper63 Offline OP
trapper
Vatrapper63  Offline OP
trapper
V

Virginia - SW

It makes no sense to me that God would send His Son to be tortured and killed to wash away the sins of believers. It would take a pretty awful God to demand a blood sacrifice of a human being. I don't think I'd want to spend eternity with such a god. Please explain what sense there is in such a doctrine.

Jim

God says.... Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin.

Re: Professors self written obituary - Wow [Re: Vatrapper63] #6735932
01/19/20 02:44 PM
01/19/20 02:44 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I’ll not debate in someone’s religious beliefs or lack thereof, but some of the sunrises and sunsets I’ve seen without a doubt lead me to believe that God does exist. Way too perfect to just happen...

Re: Professors self written obituary - Wow [Re: James] #6735940
01/19/20 02:50 PM
01/19/20 02:50 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by James
I follow God's law mostly, except for the first two Commandments, which are thought crimes.

Jim

Every sin starts out as a thought.

Re: Professors self written obituary - Wow [Re: James] #6735947
01/19/20 02:55 PM
01/19/20 02:55 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Does the Bible say you can't ask for forgiveness after you die?

Jim
Who cares, you don't believe in the bible, right?
confused

Last edited by teepee2; 01/19/20 02:55 PM.
Re: Professors self written obituary - Wow [Re: Vatrapper63] #6735953
01/19/20 03:01 PM
01/19/20 03:01 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
It might be a hard concept to understand but it's not the sins we commit...it's that we are sin itself. In the flesh dwells no good thing. We are corrupt.

Re: Professors self written obituary - Wow [Re: James] #6736234
01/19/20 06:20 PM
01/19/20 06:20 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Does the Bible say you can't ask for forgiveness after you die?

Jim

Ecclesiastes 11:3 If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.

Many take that verse to mean there will be no changes after death and the judgment awaits. If there ever was the sound of silence it may be on that day when I'm silent and God speaks. Here Jesus is my defender, there he will be my judge.

Now one must be careful not to just pull one lone orphan verse out of the bible and build on it. We are told in a case there must be two or three witnesses. So why would it be any different for scripture?

One other verse that comes to mind relating to your question would be Luke 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Jesus was responding to a guy that said he would follow Jesus except first he must bury his father. Maybe he wasn't even dead yet and even if he was it would have taken another 11 months to put him in a place where the sinful flesh would fall off the bones, for a type of purification. Then the bones would be cleaned up and arranged in an other place with all the other dead. Jesus responded by telling him to let the dead take care of their own dead, and for him to follow Him. All the purification's and other rituals was done away with Jesus's dying for our sins.

I think I seen one other question about why any human should die for another persons sin. And basically none can. Adam was perfect, so since there is no other perfect person to be used for " Your eye shall not pity: life shall be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot." After Adam sinned and was given a death sentence no other person would serve justice for the "life for life" law, because it wasn't an even trade, thus not just. Nor would a million animals equal one perfect man. The animal sacrifice was just looking forward til the real sacrifice was to come. The animal sacrifice was not a lasting thing and had to be repeated yearly (I think). The animal skin in the Garden was also looking forward.

It wasn't until the 2nd Adam (Jesus) which was perfect came and gave his life that justice was served. And no, God is not bound by his own laws nor does he disregard them.

Hope you recover from the flu soon James, it took me about 3 weeks.
And I know you do not disregard others well being, or you wouldn't forego killing a cat on account of your Grand daughters conscience.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread