No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: They wonder how turkeys survive the deep snows [Re: 330-Trapper] #6737367
01/20/20 03:17 PM
01/20/20 03:17 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
If the state of Maine eliminates the coyote killing programs all together here in northern Maine and shortens the coyote season as well as ending the coyote contests that I am reading about the deer herd in northern Maine will be in deep trouble without all those deer yards that have been cut down and will take decades to grow back.

That wouldn't be good [/quote]

Nope. The state should buy the rights to the wood in what remains of our cedar swamps. Not buy the land but pay a fair price for the wood the landowner otherwise would have cut. Protect it twenty years at a time through fees obtained through our hunting licenses. There is very little wintering habitat left up here that hasn't been touched.

Re: They wonder how turkeys survive the deep snows [Re: Bruce T] #6737374
01/20/20 03:20 PM
01/20/20 03:20 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Online content OP
trapper
Bruce T  Online Content OP
trapper

Northern Maine
I went deer hunting in the up of Michigan a few years back.The landscape was identical to northern Maine.They had a ton of deer and the biggest difference I saw was they do not allow the cutting of winter deer yards.

Nevada bound
Re: They wonder how turkeys survive the deep snows [Re: Bruce T] #6737377
01/20/20 03:22 PM
01/20/20 03:22 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Bruce T
I went deer hunting in the up of Michigan a few years back.The landscape was identical to northern Maine.They had a ton of deer and the biggest difference I saw was they do not allow the cutting of winter deer yards.

What cedar I have around me the beaver flooded out and killed long ago. There is nothing to sustain deer.

Re: They wonder how turkeys survive the deep snows [Re: Bruce T] #6737385
01/20/20 03:31 PM
01/20/20 03:31 PM
New York ,Adirondack mts.
M
mole Offline
"The Tman morning greeter"
mole  Offline
"The Tman morning greeter"
M

New York ,Adirondack mts.
Here in the Adirondacks they will Bud just like a partridge, Scratch up and bare ground they may find and hit bird feeders if they can. they seem to do ok.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread