No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Minneapolis Considering FUR BAN #6742068
01/24/20 08:49 AM
01/24/20 08:49 AM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline OP
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline OP
trapper
N

New York
I have no idea if it has a chance to pass, doesn't matter. "They" have their sights on it now so it matters.

https://www.trappersreport.com/story/Minneapolis-Considering-FUR-BAN

ASIDE: Anyone have an ad for a product they sell? I'll put it on Trappers Report. I'm sick of that Google crap, it's insulting. PM me.

Re: Minneapolis Considering FUR BAN [Re: nyhuntfish] #6742077
01/24/20 09:07 AM
01/24/20 09:07 AM
chelsea,wi
keets Offline
trapper
keets  Offline
trapper

chelsea,wi
and people read this and believe it.....the people of Minnesota need to grow a set and bring the facts out

2021 goals....make time to trap
PROUD MEMBER WTA NTA FTA GOA SPORTSMANS ALLIANCE
Re: Minneapolis Considering FUR BAN [Re: nyhuntfish] #6742101
01/24/20 09:24 AM
01/24/20 09:24 AM
MN
C
cls84 Offline
trapper
cls84  Offline
trapper
C

MN
OMG what a load of s***! I don't live in Minneapolis but would be willing to write a email to them if someone would want to post an link to their rep.

Re: Minneapolis Considering FUR BAN [Re: nyhuntfish] #6742105
01/24/20 09:29 AM
01/24/20 09:29 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Wacked article written by someone wacked. They clearly have an agenda and state a lot of erroneous made up facts. Of note they claim 100,000 animals are used for fur in the USA. Then later in the article they claim 10,000 animals are used for fur in Minnesota. You are telling me that 10% of all the animals used for fur in the country come from just 1 state ?
A lot of the facts don't add up. Unfortunately, yes , people will believe this fake news.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Minneapolis Considering FUR BAN [Re: nyhuntfish] #6742111
01/24/20 09:32 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Sorry I had to stop reading the article, I was eating my breakfast and it almost made be (********). JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Minneapolis Considering FUR BAN [Re: Cragar] #6742113
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline OP
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline OP
trapper
N

New York
Originally Posted by Cragar
Wacked article written by someone wacked. They clearly have an agenda and state a lot of erroneous made up facts. Of note they claim 100,000 animals are used for fur in the USA. Then later in the article they claim 10,000 animals are used for fur in Minnesota. You are telling me that 10% of all the animals used for fur in the country come from just 1 state ?
A lot of the facts don't add up. Unfortunately, yes , people will believe this fake news.

Fake news but real law...

"Passage of Ordinance amending Title 4 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances relating to Animal Care and Control, adding thereto a new Chapter 68 entitled “Prohibition of the Sale and Manufacture of Animal Fur Products,” to prohibit the sale and manufacture of animal fur products."

Re: Minneapolis Considering FUR BAN [Re: keets] #6742322
01/24/20 12:08 PM
01/24/20 12:08 PM
MN
K
K9BeavCoon Offline
trapper
K9BeavCoon  Offline
trapper
K

MN
Originally Posted by keets
and people read this and believe it.....the people of Minnesota need to grow a set and bring the facts out

As in any state and anything having to do with conservation- there’s the people who are for hunting/trapping, the anti’s, and the people in the middle. The anti’s who run crap like this can’t be reasoned with. They live in a land of make believe and emotions. The people in the middle are the majority. They are who we need to talk to and show them the truth. Just in my own circles, you’d be surprised how many people are uneasy about trapping because they imagine the traps they see in cartoons with the teeth and all. I show them short videos of a calm animal in a fully modified trap and explain animal comfort, and they all say “wow, cool, I never knew that.” Short of a large advertising campaign, writing legislators, and spreading real information by ourselves I don’t see how to really combat this stuff. They all live in the city without a clue of the natural world and living in rural America. Just like our state elections, the the big population centers control the outcome.

Re: Minneapolis Considering FUR BAN [Re: nyhuntfish] #6742325
01/24/20 12:09 PM
01/24/20 12:09 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
I am more worried about the gun ordeal

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Minneapolis Considering FUR BAN [Re: K9BeavCoon] #6742339
01/24/20 12:21 PM
01/24/20 12:21 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
Originally Posted by K9BeavCoon
Originally Posted by keets

As in any state and anything having to do with conservation- there’s the people who are for hunting/trapping, the anti’s, and the people in the middle. The anti’s who run crap like this can’t be reasoned with. They live in a land of make believe and emotions. The people in the middle are the majority. They are who we need to talk to and show them the truth. Just in my own circles, you’d be surprised how many people are uneasy about trapping because they imagine the traps they see in cartoons with the teeth and all. I show them short videos of a calm animal in a fully modified trap and explain animal comfort, and they all say “wow, cool, I never knew that.” Short of a large advertising campaign, writing legislators, and spreading real information by ourselves I don’t see how to really combat this stuff. They all live in the city without a clue of the natural world and living in rural America. Just like our state elections, the the big population centers control the outcome.

So true! Living in the rural areas has it's benefits but also it's drawbacks. One such drawback is the lack of control over our own government due to lower population and politics is all about the numbers. About the only way to over come this is to speak out and be heard. Educating the pubic has to be our #1 priority and now is the time to do it as in a few short years we may no longer have that option. It amazes me how many people believe your cartoon scenario, even well educated ones! We all know how difficult it is to put the smoke back in the bottle and if they manage to get a foot hold with this band, then it's just a matter of time......

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread